PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Bass in demise

Leigh77
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Some of you may remember an article in the QFM a few months back, that showed the damage being done to the Noosa River Bass. This damage is a result of chemical over-spray/runoff.

This simply must be stopped, the Noosa Bass are in serious trouble and this could lead to a more wide spread situation.

I urge anyone/everyone to write emails to those people who should be doing something about it. Their names and emails are at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-C0aReB_8w&feature=channel_page

Leigh.

flairj
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Um....... it says the video has been removed by the user when you try to play it

Josh

Jeremy87
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Do you have any links for further reading?

Leigh77
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
The link has been fixed...apologies for the delay.

Heres a bit of reading for you

http://www.maryvalleyvoice.com/ThreadView.aspx?tid=12596

Leigh

MORFIN
05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
so the noosa river is poisened then? how does is it then recieve an A water rating?
Maybe this has not come to the attention of mayer Bob abbott he is a resident in that area.
I have afew contacts on the noosa council I will forward this on.

Nico.d.R
08-01-2009, 12:00 AM
i saw that artical on that and i was wondering if it is only effecting the bass or is it effecting other speices aswell ? i have fished in one of the creeks effected by the over spray and run off and saw a big jack swimming near the surface and it looked like it had white spot or something it had all white blotches on it and looked sick . maybe it was natural causes but after reading the story it got me thinking .

cheers nico

Luc
09-01-2009, 10:51 AM
I thing it would be very unusual for the chemical in question to specifically affect bass reproduction only.

Plenty of other fish life in the upper noosa (eg rainbow fish) so it should not be too hard to determine if other fishes are affected.

In any case, if the chemical is banned in the USA, it should be the same here.

Luc

MORFIN
13-01-2009, 05:41 AM
good news channel 7 has picked up the story, lets see if they can stir up the water.

Pete Mate