PDA

View Full Version : wide caloundra tuesday

wakakiwi
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
a bit late i know, we were met by about 2 knots of current only managed 1 good snapper about 5 kilo and a small mouri cod. Got smashed by wat was probably a very large cod it grabbed a small fishi just hooked, 50 pound braid and 80 pound leader wasnt enough to hold it for long. trolled arround murphys for a while but no good so we headed for home in a very sloppy sea. Cant win em all i spose still better than work!!!

Dean1
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Mate 1 5 kilo knobby is better than none!! I worked sth Cal wide last week and couldnt land a legal size squire at all. You have done quite well, its very quiet out there at the moment and legal size reefies are few and far between at the moment! Bring back winter I say!

wakakiwi
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
i second that notion on the up side my new raymarine 435 chart plotter was fantastic. Still cant convince the missus it was worth the 1700$, thay will never get it will thay!!!

indy
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
We where out there on the 2nd and 3rd for an overnighter all we managed between three of us was one snapp a little over 5 kilo two pearlies a squire and a moses very quiet travelled alot of ground for those few fish will be giving it a miss for a while i think try again in feb.

cheers pete...

Greg P
04-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Mate 1 5 kilo knobby is better than none!! I worked sth Cal wide last week and couldnt land a legal size squire at all. You have done quite well, its very quiet out there at the moment and legal size reefies are few and far between at the moment! Bring back winter I say!

Maybe you need to learn some new tricks Dean - you are missing the best fishing time of the year in SEQ ;)

bottom bouncers ;D;D;D;D

skipalong
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
mate i still one good knobby

cheers justin