PDA

View Full Version : Max's first black marlin

the linesman
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Didn't see the New Year in but got up early and went fishing instead. It was good to get out in my own boat. I've been getting a lot of invites on other boats with quite a bit of success on billies. The down side of that is you don't get a chance to use your own lures and set your own spread. I was champing at the bit because I had some new lures to try. I try to be as objective as possible so I run only one of the new lures made by Mitch Calcutt on the Goldie in a spread of one skipping gar, one swimming gar and two other name brand lures. We actually had to plough the paddock for quite a while but came up trumps with the new lure.just after the high tide. It was Max' first black. He was as happy as a dog with two tails.

captain rednut
03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
hi linesman
ive been running one of mitch calcutts blacks snacks as well and hoping to catch a sailfish as the colour he provided is definatly a sailfish attracter! ive had the dollies hammering it so far, very happy with his lures.
cheers jim

capt
04-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey you guys ,
what's the contact for this Mitch fella

over Jimmy

MitchCalcutt
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi Fellas
I'm just as happy to hear you got one as I am you got it on the one I gave you. Thanks for running it.
Mitch

ooglie74
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Well done barry.Are you coming down to fish the redcliffe comp this year?

Cheers Troy

skipalong
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
awesome work mate welldone

cheers justin

twotins
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
hi Barry, we hooked two blacks but dropped them both. got a nice cobe and a couple of bonito, as well as a few screeming reels with no joy, it was quite a productive day i was in my quintrex oceansport hooked the second black just as you headed in, pretty sure you saw the cobe fight though. tried to make contact but i have radio issues, well done to max on his first. see you out there soon, cheers shawn.

trueblue
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Well done barry.Are you coming down to fish the redcliffe comp this year?

Cheers Troy

when is the redcliffe comp?

ooglie74
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Australia day long weekend.
We have a suzuki jimny as the major prize for the last man stading prize.

Cheers Troy

the linesman
05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi Troy. I don't think I'll be fishing the Redcliff comp this year I'll just fish the tournaments out of Mooloolaba. Your club tournament should be a rageing success with the great run of billfish we are having this season.Then on top of that your usual great last man standing prizes. Best of luck for the comp.
Barry.

the linesman
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Jim get a felt pen and change the name on the lure from black snack to sailfish snack might work for yah.Bazz

the linesman
05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Jim may be the cunning devils can read get a felt pen write sailfish snack on the lure. Barry