PDA

View Full Version : Cressbrook, how to get there?

Sniper
03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Thinking about going for a drive tomorrow to have a look at Cressbrook Dam, but not sure on how to get there from the Sunshine Coast. All I know is to head to Esk then somewhere from there.
Can anyone fill in the rest?
Thanks
Bill

SeekingBarradise
03-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi Bill Cressy is a really nice dam and you will enjoy your trip there.

Yep once you get to esk you take the esk/hampton road. The NAB should be on the corner.

After about 30mins you will get to the top of the range. Keep an eye out for a shortcut to get to cressy. It will be on your right. The sign should say cressbrook dam but if it doesn't look for crows nest etc.

If you miss this sign and get to hampton (10kms) you will need to turn right at hampton and head to crows nest. A few km's out of town there should be signs directing you to cressbrook.

I hope this makes sense.

You will need $2 to get the boom gate open.
Cressbrook has hot showers and amenities etc. It's a great place to camp.
Wild deer running around, lots of birdlife and rare rock wallabies up in the hills.

Cheers Lyndon.

Sniper
04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks Lyndon
Was going to head up there today but decided not to. Will head up there in the next few weeks with a bit of luck, and will tow the boat up too. Why drive all that way and not even fish it?? No brainer to me.
Thanks again for the directions. If I get lost, I now know who to blame:P ;D
Just kidding.

Cheers
Bill

Brad Clark
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Please note that the gate price has risen to $2.50 to get into Cressbrook and Cooby. You should have fun there.

bassfanatic5
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Hows cressy fishing Brad? is the ramp ok for glass boats