PDA

View Full Version : The Poll

Tropicaltrout
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Well it seems to have hit a sore note in most but if we are honest no one cares how you catch a fish..... But if you were to choose the method of which you caught your fish which would it be?:D

DEANO68
03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
gee this weather must must have you bored nath, pissen and windy.. yuk..:(
might as well start another fight on the net, why not, :P dynamite,??now theres a new one,soon the basin will be full of dudes in camo,chuckin grenades instead of vipers:o ...nice....enough of this im goin to the pub..:P
deano..8-)

Tropicaltrout
03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
yeehhaa bbbooooooooooooommmmmmm will be the call mate!

yeah bored is a understatment, hard to belive we where sitting sweating our but off jackin thursday night...... feel free to wander over and for a beer or three

Dan5
03-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Not to be a smart a$$ but i've done it .......trolling........casting..........and live baiting........even on a popper

So i voted DYNAMITE;D ;D

DEANO68
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
yeehhaa bbbooooooooooooommmmmmm will be the call mate!

yeah bored is a understatment, hard to belive we where sitting sweating our but off jackin thursday night...... feel free to wander over and for a beer or three

rito be over soon, might as well put up the first three jacks of 09 pics..good start to the year...

nipsta
03-01-2009, 05:29 PM
rito be over soon, might as well put up the first three jacks of 09 pics..good start to the year...

nice fish dean
good start to the new year i havent put a line in the water yet so once im settled again in my back i will get out for sure
And i voted bait as i havent cuaght one like that yet and i would be stoked to get on that more so then the others

Jeremy87
03-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Naturally most people would prefer to get one casting. But the intelligent choice would be the option which is going to put you onto the most fish on the day.

DEANO68
03-01-2009, 05:43 PM
nice fish dean
good start to the new year i havent put a line in the water yet so once im settled again in my back i will get out for sure
And i voted bait as i havent cuaght one like that yet and i would be stoked to get on that more so then the others

it would be different, swimmen liveys through the sticks eh...be interesting at nite..boooofffffff.....

NAGG
03-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Good onya Nath for putting the poll up .......

Can I vote FLY ? ........ I wanna be elitist , classist :P ;)

Cheers

Chris

DEANO68
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Naturally most people would prefer to get one casting. But the intelligent choice would be the option which is going to put you onto the most fish on the day.

yep....dynamite....::)

Tropicaltrout
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
5 for dynamite:devilish: , gives a whole new defernition to Catching fish.... Got him yes!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

NAGG
03-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Jeremy ....... Do you really believe that ( The most productive method) ?

chris

Tropicaltrout
03-01-2009, 08:02 PM
All the trollers must have fell asleep at the helm???? lol

BR65
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Good stuff Nath!
My votes in, and it aint trolling, bait or dynamite

Luc
03-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I've voted dynamite!!;D ;D

I'll use which ever method produces results.

In my neck of the woods, bass is my main target and so far this year I've caught them trolling, casting and on bait while culling tilapias.

Tommorow I'll be casting and trolling in my local hole.

Luc

NAGG
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
One question

Is that trolled dynamite or cast ;D

Chris

Luc
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
One question
Is that trolled dynamite or cast ;D
Chris

Both::)
Just need a longer fuse to allow for the drop back when trolling.:o ;D

Luc

NAGG
03-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Both::)
Just need a longer fuse to allow for the drop back when trolling.:o ;D

Luc

I'd be a bit worried with a dynamite fly ......... That back cast could be a killer ;D

Luc
03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
The dynamite fly is quite small and it's only a problem if it goes of as it's passing your head.:P

Best solution is as little false casting as possible or wear a helmet.;D

Luc

Jeremy87
03-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Jeremy ....... Do you really believe that ( The most productive method) ?

chris

By and large yes i do.

I prefer to catch fish casting, if i am catching fish casting then i won't bother trolling. But if trolling is what i have to do to catch a fish then thats what i'll do. My point is unless you fish a location regularly or feel you are elite in your field like for example someone who fishes competitively then there is no reason to restrict yourself to just casting or just trolling. When i go up to barra dams i go up with the attitude that i am there to catch fish and will do what it takes to achieve this goal. Sure i have preferences in how i wish to do it. I would prefer to catch all my barra casting at sticks on surface lures, but the reality is if i want to catch fish every time i go this may not be the technique of choice. I may have to use diving lures, i may have move out of the timber and onto weed beds, i many even have to troll. It's a compromise between how you want to catch fish and what the bite is at the time you are fishing.

When the fishing is good is the best time to experiment. By playing around with retrieves, lure selection etc when the bite is hot is the best way to develop new techniques (or techniques that are new to you) and fine tune old ones. When i went up to darwin i learnt valuable information about making flighty fish respond to lures, reducing my visibility to fish and how lure size and shape effect hook up ratios. Recently at wivenhoe i learnt how to effectively target larger fish in schooled bass and better read my sounder. All information i would not have learnt if i had of decided to stick with the same lures or the same technique the whole trip. You may become a better lure caster by understanding why fish sometimes respond better to a trolled lure or knowledge gained while trolling.

Basically my goals in fishing is to not just catch fish but to also become more knowledgeable in the process. I feel remaining flexable and open is the best way to achieve these goals so will continue to cast and troll where i see fit and hold each fish i catch in its own esteem and regard it as a memorable catch.

lippa
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
i normally catch barra in a 6-8 inch gill net so, i voted dynamite!

i've never fished inpoudments for barra, so i spose i'd do which ever is gunna be the most productive.
i reakon ya need to get ya "eye" in, once ya got ya first, more will come. no use trying to pull a metery outa timber, when youve never experienced there pull before.
so if trolling basins is gunna be the best way to hook up to a first! im in for that!

cheers

lippa

Scott Mitchell
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I chose casting - BUT need to add with a FLY ;)

So Many Fish - So many ways to catch them ;D

Regards Scotto

NAGG
06-01-2009, 06:14 AM
OK ...... Looking at the poll results

No one prefers to take a metery on the troll ? ...... I'm flabbergasted , After-all its a legitimate & very popular method

So why do people do it ????- Could it be - because it may just be an easier way of catching a barra ::) .........
I'm not being controversial again , am I ;D

Chris

PS..... Yes I know people troll for other reasons

Whitto
06-01-2009, 06:30 AM
This question has nothing whats so ever to do with the thread......Has anyone heard from Mikooh of recent times.

NAGG
06-01-2009, 06:58 AM
This question has nothing whats so ever to do with the thread......Has anyone heard from Mikooh of recent times.

I hope he didn't do anything drastic after his Awoonga trip:'(

I haven't seen a post in the last couple of months

Chris

tailorboi99
06-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I voted casting ;p. Bait fishing is boring but trolling is alright but I love casting ;p

Tom

Tropicaltrout
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Well it is almost closed and it seems to be a prefered way to extract a Barra would be by cast.... and for those who can fly going on the replies... bait diddn't fair well and neither did trolling which are good methods.....;)

The surprise was dynamite:bomb: :earmuffs: trouble is if you use it near the basin your bound to blow up a sleeping troller:zzz: :shocked2: , could you imagine booooom holly crap are my nav lights on ..what happened then wacckkk knocked out cold by a dropping metrey....:dizzy: :shout:

Nath

NAGG
07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Well Nath ...... What can you say

while it is a productive means of catching barra - the reality is ...trolling inhales ;D

PaulMark
08-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Good onya Nath for putting the poll up .......

Can I vote FLY ? ........ I wanna be elitist , classist :P ;)

Cheers

Chris
Elitist,you Chris??You can't be elitist and drink beer mate,its just not on;)
paulo

NAGG
08-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Elitist,you Chris??You can't be elitist and drink beer mate,its just not on;)
paulo

Paul ...... I'm a closet wine drinker:P

Give me a nice Shiraz or Pinot Noir ......... or even a Sav Blanc ........ very happy

Socially ....... Give me beer;D

Chris

Peter4
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
or even a Sav Blanc

Mate, the pinot gris or pinot grigio is all the white wine rage these days!!........;D

NAGG
08-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Mate, the pinot gris or pinot grigio is all the white wine rage these days!!........;D

I dont really like it ( to me Sav Blanc is a crisper refreshing wine) ...... besides the majority of Aust Pinot Gris/Grigio come from the Mornington Perninsula in Vic :-X

Chris

FNQCairns
08-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Enough people % to win a federal election in Howards favour voted dynamite:) :) that's the most revealing outcome of the poll. Perhaps polls could be locked into which forum they where generated? ie not show under the "new posts" link??? then the outcome is at least more representative.

cheers fnq

disorderly
08-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Ahhh...that settles it then..

You barra dudes definitely are elitist....

There's just no way we poor reef fishers could even afford dynamite...;);D