PDA

View Full Version : Wrong chioce of trip

jtpython
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Went out this morning around 11 am the weather was terrible but the mate was up and we were keen to get out and try for something
Heading out from the harbour in a 22 knot easterly was silly but we managed and went for a flick across some close reefs then to another spot for an anchor up for again nothing ............ Then the wind dropped off and we started to another area for nothing well well well So out went the X Raps for troll
BOOSKHA Barracuda of all things that went into the esky for strip baits for reds when the ole wind drops off next time
Then over some ground the x rap hooks into a awesome fish that didn't like coming off the bottom then 30 foot from boat drops it Trout was call as we went over a nice pinnicle and we thought we'd punish ourselves........... Then a mongrel southerly come up and home we went for a well earned jimmie and the boat to be cleaned for next trip
Every bad trip is worth a stay at home with the wife and kids LOL just kidding (yeah right )
JT

Angla
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Not a bad Cuda if you like that sort of thing JT. Plenty of bait in it though. Glad to see we are not the only ones being punished with poor catches and now poor weather for outside trips.

Plenty of Jimmies before we get out here too.

Chris

skipalong
03-01-2009, 05:44 AM
unlucky mate i bet that cuda put on a good fight

cheers justin

gawby
03-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the no fish club JT.
I have been out chasing spotties down here
and none to be seen.
Allways next time.
Graeme

tailorboi99
03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
That Barracuda is a good size one though, unlucky about no other fish. Better luck nextime aye?

Tom

Fishbait
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Thats an awesome fish for those conditions your so keen to fish in. Good work mate. Darren.

ronnien
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
jt,
have you used barracuda before as bait?
i thought that they were crap, for anything. but if you catch fish (reds) on it than the next time i catch 1 i might take a fillet off & give it a go.
seeing that they have a good set of teeth, will you be keeping the jaw?.

ron.

jtpython
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Double post

jtpython
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah Ron just freeze them whole then take them out for strip baits mate they are good on the bottom but must be fresh thou.............We caught one couple months ago and same thing , I buy the big cartons of large mullet and are excellent strip baits on the bottom as they are like tuna self belaying baits.
I think the secret is in keeping them whole so they don't go mushy otherwise let it lie in your backyard to attract cats for crabpot bait (hahahaha) cats and crabpot bait joke again had to throw that in. And the head mate well it'll just get recycled into the ocean before we leave our spot .........Unless you want me to save it for ya
JT
jase giving it a kiss