PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Tuna

shaun_s
02-01-2009, 03:25 PM
went for a fish in my tinnie this morning with my dad. got out to sunshine reef at about 6:30 and it was very quite. only random birds and no tuna on the surface. we had some floating pillies out and fished with plastics for 2 hours for nothing.
then a big school of mac tuna started boiling near us so we drove over and started throwing 7 and 14g sea rock slugs. every 15 or so casts we got a mac tuna only about 45cm but fun on 6lb river gear.
after a bit of fun chasing them they dissapered so we started heading home on the way we found another school of tuna feeding. i cast my slug in the middle and hooked up. 120 yards of 6lb got ripped of my reel in about 20 sec so had to give chase. after a few jumps and a couple more runs a little 58cm skipjack comes in the boat. ended up getting 2 more.
on the way home trolled a bomber, not long after hooked onto something a bit bigger than previous fish. after a good fight with some long runs got it to the boat. i think its a mac tuna not totaly sure but? went 9 kilo

mirage
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Well done. Always good to get something, even if it is a few mack tuna.

skipalong
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
awesome work mate saw you out there, has totally changed since a few days ago, trolled livies thimorning only lost one, but it was certainly flat

cheers justin

ffejsmada
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
A bit unusual to get a Striped Tuna in that close I reckon. He's not a bad size either.

Good job Shaun, nice size MT as well.

Jeff.

Tassie JR
02-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Nice work mate we also headed out off noosa 2 day we ended up goin 2 the northern barwon banks for a very poor result, we ended up with a couple mac tuna 1 nice moari cod, 2 parrot, 1 nice red throat emporer and one small shark, very very quiet, had a troll around sunshine and chardons this arvy and a mate in another boat got a black marlin there but thats it.

cheers tassie JR

chevyJ
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice work mate we also headed out off noosa 2 day we ended up goin 2 the northern barwon banks for a very poor result, we ended up with a couple mac tuna 1 nice moari cod, 2 parrot, 1 nice red throat emporer and one small shark, very very quiet, had a troll around sunshine and chardons this arvy and a mate in another boat got a black marlin there but thats it.

cheers tassie JR

LMAO..... that beats any of my good days fishing.....

Pistol_P
02-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Nice one shaun.

I havent seen Stripies here before....They are awesome fun on light gear.

Well done.

Pete

tailorboi99
03-01-2009, 06:58 AM
Good tuna, that Mack is a good size one.

Tom

SummerTrance
03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Soundd like a fun day. How good was the weather, it looked fantastic. What size tinny is that ?

shaun_s
03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Soundd like a fun day. How good was the weather, it looked fantastic. What size tinny is that ?

yeh weather was good no wind but a little bumpy from previos days wind. the tinny is 3.75m

RAT-KING
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Well done some great fish!!!
Especially in a 3.75!
The water behind looks awesome too!
Cheers Simon

jtpython
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice sporting fish on light gear and top reef bait
They are thick as here at moment
JT

abbot_86