PDA

View Full Version : boat rego up 50%

fishplukka
02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
hi everyone happy new year to all ! ive just received a renewal of rego for my 475 stacer i thought it was a print error but not so ! it has risen from $103 to$161 thats at least 50% i know they need to maintain and upgrade a lot of ramps facilities etc seems a bit steep to me ! also you have to 12mths unlike other regos you can do 6mths ! not happy:o

juju
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont mind as long as you can see it .....there was the thread about the VMR the other day...be nice to see some of the rego raise going to them........could be worse...we could have the pay as you use style ramps that they have down south...

lethal098
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM
yeah all regos are going up including cars so keep an eye on those as well. if you have seen the quality of the pay for use ramps you would not mind paying for it. some of our ramps in se qld are average at best. i know the ramps in SA that are pay for use are top quality and access all the time. cheers Lee

CreelReaper
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Well hopefully with the new changes coming in in March 2009 with regards to catch cards etc the extra monies will probably go towards paying for that. I hear through the grapevine that a number of ramps have been earmarked for upgrading.

Shane

backlash08
02-01-2009, 03:45 PM
nothing more than an easy money grab from a less than useful state government, more money for them to waste

Xahn1960
02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
nothing more than an easy money grab from a less than useful state government, more money for them to waste

That about sums it up :) The new fees ain't so bad, but what they do with the money is anyones guess :(

gawby
02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
You may well ask where the money will go and i bet
it will not be on new boat ramps.:-/

Just think about this, about $130. per electric costomer per year
goes to the qld gov which is supposed to service the qld
ambulance.:o :o

Hats off to the boys and girls in our wonderful ambulance service:D :D
who in my opinion are not having all this money spent on them
or the upgrades they are supposed to get on stations, vehicles
or training and equipement.>:( >:(

Just think about it, maybe one million elec bills times 130-
= $130,000,000-00 a year. Where does all this money go.:(

Graeme;)

sharkymark2
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I use the Vikki Point ramp ferry side and would like to see it upgraded for an all weather ramp :). Bit hard by yourself with a 15 footer. But then I guess pigs will fly before that happens.

CreelReaper
03-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Hey sharky,
Rumour has it that the powers that be are not going to upgrade that ramp (I think it's that one) but actually decrease it to 2 lanes and put in a floating pontoon. In addition they are looking at taking away at least half of the trailer parking spaces. At least that is what I hear. Might be worth checking out?????

Shane