PDA

View Full Version : 93/94 Yammy 2 stroke V4 - big flat spot

ozscott
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi all. Perhaps a product of not enough use over several months..read no use over about 3 months I took out the old girl the other day. There was nothing - just starvation it seems between idle and pretty much flat out (or very close to it). As I opened the throttle from idle it felt like it was starving and if I kept opening to 2/3rds it would just snuff out. The only way to get her onto the plane was to tickle the choke a bit from the control box with the throttle 3/4 open to induce some more petrol and then suddenly she would take off like a scalded cat...once on 3/4 to full throttle she was fine. I dont know if these carbs have a acceleration plunger to squirt more petrol in...and if so whether in any case both carbs would be blocked...Im thinking blocked from sitting for so long, but why both?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

dreemon
02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Allmost sounds like it's not running on all cyl all the time, but prob lack of fuel,
one thing you can try is the air/fuel mix screws, count the turns in until lightly seated, they might be diff on each carb,

then pull them out and use the small spray tube on a can of powertune and see if that clears any blockage in the needles and seats,

drain the float bowls and fit the air/fuel the same turns they came out, it's easy and cheap to try and hopefully will work for you , Cheers

Steboe
02-01-2009, 11:54 AM
How old is the fuel?

Ken

ozscott
02-01-2009, 03:32 PM
thanks fellas - new fuel