PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag 2

jtpython
01-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Conditions were to be perfect and with a SE change expected on Saturday we decided to get out as much as we can, We left the harbour around 3.45 am and headed to our first position some 75 mins away travelling around 50 km/hr was a perfect run.
Anchoring up on a nice show on the bottom we started straight into fish undersized red undersized red undersized red over and over again
We managed a couple of lipper and blueys then a nice cobia. After another hour we moved onto another spot 10 off in chase of some reds and spano's
First drift seen some lovely catches of sea catfish .............Pull like a freight train them big sewer factories of the ocean. Then we scored a spanish and a nice sized bluey so we anchored up with the conditions getting calmer and the wind near non existent. Large pink hussar started coming on board with some more blueys and lippers and pan sized snapper .... Then finally a legal red and couple of red throat we boated before we attracted to catch the usual trigger fish and catfish again.............. So the ended the trip and we motored off to home in amazing conditions.

Fish_gutz
01-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Nice Esky JT wish mine looked like that, didn`t think the big catties got out on the reef much , thought that us moreton bay fisho`s were the only ones lucky enough to have a good population of the slimmy monsters! happy new year to you. Cheers Andrew

jtpython
01-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Nice Esky JT wish mine looked like that, didn`t think the big catties got out on the reef much , thought that us moreton bay fisho`s were the only ones lucky enough to have a good population of the slimmy monsters! happy new year to you. Cheers Andrew
Wish we didn't get them but they seem to swarm up in the summer months here in certain area's
This time of year is common for the buggars and sometimes just not worth the effort between them and trigger fish they smash the baits before they hit the bottom
Cheers
JT

Fishbait
01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Great mixed Bag - you slayed them well. Happy New Year. Darren.

Angla
01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
That's a top looking catch for the morning. The conditions look perfect up that way at the moment.

Chris

poundalead
02-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Well done JT the reef fishing has been shocking of late down here.

Cheers benny

jarhead
02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Yet another healthy looking esky JT, top stuff.

Wal

ronnien
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
that esky is getting a good workout in the last few weeks!
well done.

ron.

lethal098
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
thats a great looking box , well done cheers lethal

skipalong
02-01-2009, 03:52 PM
solid box mate well done, great fish

cheers justin

disorderly
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Nice selection of fish there ,JT..well done.

You guys sure get some good sized grassies down there....

but I would have thrown that scrawny Red back though mate...lol

jtpython
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
HAHAHA scott
A scrawny red is better then no reds but who would know that better then you my friend
LOL
JT

mangomick
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Scrawny red or really good grassies
Good onya JT. Keeping the CQ flag flying

disorderly
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
HAHAHA scott
A scrawny red is better then no reds but who would know that better then you my friend
LOL
JT

Its a pretty sad state of affairs for sure....I'm definitely cursed in the Red department...

jtpython
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Its a pretty sad state of affairs for sure....I'm definitely cursed in the Red department...
One day brother you'll put us all to shame
Till them we'll gladly flaunt it in front of you
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Missed ya see
JT