PDA

View Full Version : Too trusting maybe??

Leigh77
31-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Went for a flick at Hinze Dam this morning and utilized the boat ramp on the Eastern arm. Both the ramps in the upper reaches have a reputation for things to go missing, but most people know this and take the required precautions.

However, when we returned to the vehicles after a mornings session I saw something that I simply could not believe.

Parked beside my vehicle was a late model Patrol ute with a PVC canopy...not a fibreglass (lockable) canopy, but a PVC canopy complete with clear windows and easy to open zips. In the tray was a very easily seen Waeco fridge...just sitting there waiting to be plucked!

I know we should be able to leave things like that in our vehicles with no fear of them going missing...but sadly this isnt a perfect world and things do go missing.

So if it was you at Hinze Dam, Eastern boat ramp this morning...and the vehicle in question sounds like yours may I suggest a piece of friendly advice...

Dont tempt fate, else one day she will take you up on the offer!

Leigh.

P.S Not having a shot at the owner...just trying to save their fridge from going missing.

SWANY22
31-12-2008, 11:12 PM
yes so true unforntally thoes days are gone mate

garman1
01-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Too true Leigh.........

Even if it was bolted down someone would have a go at it, let alone just leaving it sit there. I agree that you shouldn't have to padlock everything up just so it stays put but unfortunately this is the world in which we live. Good on ya for being a good "neighbour"

Heath
07-01-2009, 09:21 AM
should have left a note for him.

I was down Tweed boat ramp one day & as we were pulling out a guy was just parking his car. All excited he jumps out & runs to his boat & takes off. I happened to see he left his window down, door unlocked and a bag on the back seat.

I wound his window up & locked his door.

Plenty of vermin down at Tweed......

Jungle Jim
07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
should have left a note for him.

I was down Tweed boat ramp one day & as we were pulling out a guy was just parking his car. All excited he jumps out & runs to his boat & takes off. I happened to see he left his window down, door unlocked and a bag on the back seat.

I wound his window up & locked his door.

Plenty of vermin down at Tweed......

That’s was my car and the keys were in it.... thanks for locking my keys in the car :'(

No only joking.

Opportunity is the thief’s best friend.

I’ve seen kids walk up the street lean in a car window and lift the handbag of the front seat of a car.

My neighbour and i gave chase and the pricks dropped the bag...a quick lesson on how quick a good day can turn bad.

JIm

Pete62
07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Yep sad but true, even good security only deters the honest thief.

Jim I knew u were joking then, with all the high end gear u own I would not be surprised to see armed security following u around;D

PS: What's the score in the cricket??

Cheer's Pete.

Peter4
07-01-2009, 01:51 PM
SA 187/6 just coming up to the tea break........

Leighton
07-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Jim I knew u were joking then, with all the high end gear u own I would not be surprised to see armed security following u around;D

PS: What's the score in the cricket??

Cheer's Pete.

6/187 Storm on the way

Jungle Jim
07-01-2009, 02:21 PM

Cheer's Pete.

I’m absolutely paranoid about my gear being ripped off as peter 4 and pete 62 would have seen.

Every night at Monduran i took everything inside. The minkota, battery, leads, charger, sounder, tackle box, rods, reels even the net.

One bloke i spoke to up there said “yeah but fisherman don’t rip each other off......” i beg to differ.

The way i see it if there was a light fingered fellow around and everyone had their gear in open it would be a virtual supermarket.

Like my old man used to say “outta sight - outta mind”

JIM

Pete62
07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
That's true, poor S***H had to sleep out on the front deck, no room in the cabin...................

Cheer's Pete.

Jungle Jim
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
that same guy who said "fisherman don't rip each other off...." the next day didn't he then go on to say that his bungs got pinched....

i couldn't do that to her mate there was plenty of room on the floor

JIm

Pete62
07-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, that was him, sure someone was gonna sneak down there just to knock off his bungs when all that gear was in the next cabin with the occupants fast asleep under the Bundy Blanket.;)