PDA

View Full Version : Johhny Mitchell's New DVD

Magella
31-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Just finished watching Johnnys new Lake Monduran DVD what a cracker well done JM

Cheers Foxie

BR65
31-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Gday and happy new year Foxie, do you have them in stock mate?

cheers
brian

nipsta
31-12-2008, 05:06 PM
just finished watching it as well. ALso well done jm thanks for the picture in there was stoked to see it and foxie your made for the screen and i loved the poker bit good laugh i think based on that we will have to have a mondy muster poker game as well all those in favor

I

Magella
01-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes Brian in stock now ,

Nipsta, I agree I've got a good head for radio

Cheers and Happy New Year Everyone

Chep Buxley
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Is it in a similar style to his Awoonga dvd?

Magella
03-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Same style, good footage, but more information, an interesting part on water currents etc.

Cheers Foxie

phatty
04-01-2009, 09:36 AM
i dont think you can compare it to the awoonga one.
its different all together..

ways of approaching a new puddle of water.. it will open alot of peoples eyes and minds to things they never thought about before..

great work mr grumpy! ;)

matt.

Peter4
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Just watched it and I am now full of ideas of things to look for and try out during my next Mondy trip (five weeks away!)......

Good to see Ausfishers Plasticin (Scott), Seeking Barradise (Lyndon) and others starring with JM.....

Awoonga
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Just watched it and I am now full of ideas of things to look for and try out during my next Mondy trip (five weeks away!)......

Good to see Ausfishers Plasticin (Scott), Seeking Barradise (Lyndon) and others starring with JM..... lets see...Theres me... and Squidda, Ben G.., Steve B and some bloke that l have seen at Jackies Barra Havoc hanging around..
;D

nipsta
04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
and that bloke holding up a big fish i think his name was simon carter opps thats me

Steve B
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
and that bloke holding up a big fish i think his name was simon carter opps thats me

What a big animal that was too.................oooh and then there was the fish.;D;)
Very informative DVD, some great footage from a truely brilliant mind. He is giving away more tricks, secrets and general good tactics than I have seen in any other show/DVD. As Trev said earlier, If you dont learn something theres something wrong!

Steve

Obi _ Wan
04-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Bloody Hell!!!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Hopefully Jacky posted it on Friday------ so it may arrive tomorrow.

If it does every thing else can wait until i have watched it several times.

Cheers,
John.

Whitto
05-01-2009, 05:50 AM
What a fantastic Visual and Educational DVD....worth the price of admission....I have to say I've see some crook acting in my time.....Who were the two blokes in the Tackle shop footage...Nodding and pretending to know what they were nodding about;D....10 out of 10 JM

NAGG
05-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Nice to see that Johnny has seen fit to put the true gunn anglers of the impoundment barra scene in his DVD ........... 8-)

Sounds like a must have !!!!

Cheers

Chris

Peter4
05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
lets see...Theres me... and Squidda, Ben G.., Steve B and some bloke that l have seen at Jackies Barra Havoc hanging around..
;D

Sorry boys....I did say 'and others'....!!!;D ;D

Big_Ren
05-01-2009, 09:06 PM
That last out take of Foxie still gives me nightmares:o Good face for radio all right mate......then again, most of us need a few more days' beauty sleep. What was Steve nodding about Foxie?

Top DVD again JM....compulsive viewing for any thinking angler.

Cheers
Paul

Steve B
05-01-2009, 09:34 PM
That last out take of Foxie still gives me nightmares:o Good face for radio all right mate......then again, most of us need a few more days' beauty sleep. What was Steve nodding about Foxie?

Top DVD again JM....compulsive viewing for any thinking angler.

Cheers
Paul

I have no idea........acting is not our strongest points.

I think he asked me "are we the ugliest actors Johnny could find!;)::)

Steve

Magella
06-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Big Ren,

Just as well the words were taken out as the script reads somrthing like
FOXIE "Hey Steve did you see the Swiss backpacker that was just in here"
STEVE Nodds head Nodds head { as wife just out of camera shot]
FOXIE Hope she is down at the pub on Friday Night
STEVE Nodds Head, Nodds Head, Smiles a lot

Last shot of me towards camera you can't see Jackie's hand as she drags me by the ear to the office to give me a flogging For Purving.

Hope this clears it up for you Ren

Pete62
06-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Foxie, notice on your web site the DVD is sold out. Will you let us know when more stock is in? Is there anywhere else it is being sold? I am in Northern NSW.

Thanks, Pete.

Magella
06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Should have more today or tomorrow
Cheers Foxie

Peter4
06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Foxie, notice on your web site the DVD is sold out. Will you let us know when more stock is in? Is there anywhere else it is being sold? I am in Northern NSW.

Thanks, Pete.

Mate, do you want to borrow my copy? I can post it this week........

06-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Mate you can order it directly from JM himself...

http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/

HTH

Pete62
06-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks Foxie, will keep my eye out.

Pete, Thanks for the offer, I am happy to fork out the bucks to support the budding acting careers of the GG locals. Sounds like it is worth the price of admission.

Cheers, Pete.

Magella
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Steve,
See you at drama classes this afternoon, at Woodies

Cheers Foxies

SeekingBarradise
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Yep i'm nominating Steve B for the Acadamy Award (Fishing Section).

Foxie for best supporting actor. (Fishing Shop Section) &
(Serial Pest Section/Comedy).

It reminded me of the Hey Hey it's Saturday back on the 93 ashes tour when
John Blackman dubbed in his own voice over Boonie's when he was talking to the Queen.

Do you remember that one? The conversation went like this.

Boonie to Queen: G'day mate how are you going? (In a deep voice).
Queen to Boonei: Good thanks Boonie, i heard you had a good flight over.
Boonie: Yeah. Pauses. I don't remember much of it.
Queen: Really, i thought you remembered every innings where you scored over 50???
Boonie: It was actually more like 55-60+ as they didn't count the warm ups
we had at the airport....

Funny stuff. For those of you that don't know the story, Boonie drank over 50 stubbies on the flight from OZ to England etc.

Back to the dvd: Well done JM the water current and the whole DVD's content will be appreciated by people who like to think about their fishing. As usual there is a stack of helpfull gems that will make you pay attention while watching.

The DVD (Fishing Monduran) like his first DVD (Fish Awoonga) will need to be watched many times as there is a lot of helpfull content spread over the length of the DVD. Fishing Monduran goes for just over an hour which is great value.

The Tackle Warehouse have sold out of their first batch of Fishing Monduran. They are on to their second box already (One week).

It's great to hear there is a lot of local support for a self made production.

See you at Monduran on the Aussie Day Long Weekend
Cheers Lyndon.

nipsta
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep i'm nominating Steve B for the Acadamy Award (Fishing Section).

Foxie for best supporting actor. (Fishing Shop Section) &
(Serial Pest Section/Comedy).

It reminded me of the Hey Hey it's Saturday back on the 93 ashes tour when
John Blackman dubbed in his own voice over Boonie's when he was talking to the Queen.

Do you remember that one? The conversation went like this.

Boonie to Queen: G'day mate how are you going? (In a deep voice).
Queen to Boonei: Good thanks Boonie, i heard you had a good flight over.
Boonie: Yeah. Pauses. I don't remember much of it.
Queen: Really, i thought you remembered every innings where you scored over 50???
Boonie: It was actually more like 55-60+ as they didn't count the warm ups
we had at the airport....

Funny stuff. For those of you that don't know the story, Boonie drank over 50 stubbies on the flight from OZ to England etc.

Back to the dvd: Well done JM the water current and the whole DVD's content will be appreciated by people who like to think about their fishing. As usual there is a stack of helpfull gems that will make you pay attention while watching.

The DVD (Fishing Monduran) like his first DVD (Fish Awoonga) will need to be watched many times as there is a lot of helpfull content spread over the length of the DVD. Fishing Monduran goes for just over an hour which is great value.

The Tackle Warehouse have sold out of their first batch of Fishing Monduran. They are on to their second box already (One week).

It's great to hear there is a lot of local support for a self made production.

See you at Monduran on the Aussie Day Long Weekend
Cheers Lyndon.

i must say to all also complents to you and johnny on the book lyndon you have done a great job and would be recomended to all to have a read as it is full of little hints here and there and some great storys of these fellow youth and the land they grew up in
Lyndon has the book done as well as the dvd i hope so yous derserve it with the efforts yous have put in great job

Big_Ren
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Big Ren,

Just as well the words were taken out as the script reads somrthing like
FOXIE "Hey Steve did you see the Swiss backpacker that was just in here"
STEVE Nodds head Nodds head { as wife just out of camera shot]
FOXIE Hope she is down at the pub on Friday Night
STEVE Nodds Head, Nodds Head, Smiles a lot

Last shot of me towards camera you can't see Jackie's hand as she drags me by the ear to the office to give me a flogging For Purving.

Hope this clears it up for you Ren

Sure Foxie...that clears it up....like rubbing lollies on a pimple:P The card game also deserves an Oscar nomination.....Cool Hand Lyndon vs Quick Draw Mitchell...classic....just like the healthy looking kitty...there was even a barra message in there about the importance of upgrading your lures8-)

Obi _ Wan
07-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Well the DVD arrived in the post today, thanks Jackie & John.

Have only watched it in full once and just started a second viewing when visitors arrived, couldn't get rid of them, i was hoping that they would go but alas they have only just gone.

So far? ABSOULTELY BLOODY AMAZING, FANTASTIC STUFF JOHNNY, BEST BARRA INFO DVD I HAVE SEEN. Thank you very much, there is a massive amount of good solid information contained in the DVD.

A TIP! If you fish for, or want to catch a Barra this is a must have DVD.

Certainly a Gold Medal Edition, well done.

Cheers,
John.

PS. I'M OFF TO WATCH IT AGAIN BEFORE I GO TO BED AND DREAM OF THE MIGHTY BARRA.

PPS, Geez Foxie, i didn't know anyone could open their eyes so far, almost saucer sized, Did someone scare you???

rc@hinze
07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Just finished watching the DVD and been reading the book this arvo after they arrived via the post yesterday. Both are great stuff. Lots of good practical info that can be used straight away next time I'm any lake. Good to get to learn about Lyndon in the book. You sure had a great and unique childhood mate. Inspiring and motivating stuff in both the book and DVD. Thanks guys.- Richard

SeekingBarradise
08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Simon thanks for the kind words.

You didn't have to print them. But you did, thankyou.
I wasn't going to talk about the book much online as i thought people might complain a bit etc. The plan was to let the book do the talking etc. Since you asked a question mate i'll write a little bit more about the book as a few people are interested etc.

Ausfish Connection - DVD Filming: The Taylors, Scotty (Plasticin) and i also had fun camping with JM when he was filming his DVD in those cold conditions at Monduran last year. We all had a fun time. We bumped in to Trev and friends who snuck down for a quiet Monduran trip. I'm pretty sure he got a couple of fish that day as well. Steve and Simons huge Barra images are amazing and will spark many a traveller to go barra fishing...

The Book: The book is going really well. One of the biggest distributers & producers of fishing media is the Australian Fishing Network (AFN). AFN have ordered a full pallet of books which was a fantastic Xmas present for JM an I, especially as it's the first time either of us have written a book.

For us it's about as good as it gets in the fishing book industry so the Job is done mate and we are happy. At the end of the day we are proud that we gave it a go and funded it with our own dough. Like engines we now have one to tinker with. At the start your first car is a good starting point. You can then tinker with it and future cars to make them better. This will provide many years of fun.

Local support from tackle shops, caravan parks & people on the net tops it all off.
It doesn't get any better for us.

Now that Fishing Monduran the DVD is released, the book makes even more sense as all the roads link up to the highway (pardon the pun). E.g. the written word (Book) to the audio and visual images of the DVD. As the book and DVD were written and filmed at the same times they both work well together.

The Card Game: Hi Paul the card game was running through my mind for about 6 months as i thought it would be a good G-up scene which would make people laugh & remember to have fun on fishing trips, even while camping.
(I watch too many Clint Eastwood movies)...

JM's ever thinking mind then advanced this idea to create a learning outcome for barramundi fishing. After watching the card game i thought it was a crackup, with a couple of fishing messages thrown in to the mix.
I see you spotten one - nice work.

You have a few funny stories as well. That scene of your boat on a fence line would make a good cartoon!!!! With Ben, Vinnie and Navi laughing at you in the background...

Hi Richard it's great to hear you are enjoying the read and i'm sure JM would be glad to hear you enjoyed the DVD mate. Thanks for the feedback. We are grounded and have been self critical to the max about the book and found a few mistakes like typo's etc. You can't please everyone and luckily we never set out to do so. Hopefully the helpfull learning content and funny fishing and camping stories will override any mistakes.

For many travellers to our barra lakes the wife/partner that's not in to fishing should have a laugh reading the first half of the book with the hubby sinking his teeth into JM's fishing section. Most guys so far have read the whole book and most ladies have enjoyed reading the first half etc. A good combo.

Future: I hope it does inspire more people to enjoy their lake barra fishing, and to get our future generations (kids) outdoors.

Observation: If JM's Dvd and his section in the book is used wisely it should provide a good platform for people to start from with their lake barra fishing. There are also a few thought provoking gems in there that advanced anglers can use to explore further. I'm sure the Taylor Brothers are already doing this as we sit on the computer LOL. Camping with them at Monduran for the filming was good fun.

With JM adding a couple more pieces of the puzzle to the lake barra scene, 2009 should be a great year of experimenting for many of us.
I know i have a long way to go with my fishing, but that's the fun part.
I look forward to seeing a few of you guys at Monduran on the Australia Day Long Weekend.

Cheers Lyndon.
ps I've posted a few photo's from the filming of Fishing Monduran
and the camp site editing of Cruisin' The Barra Highways.

Big_Ren
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
You have a few funny stories as well. That scene of your boat on a fence line would make a good cartoon!!!! With Ben, Vinnie and Navi laughing at you in the background...

Hi Lyndon

It was all Ben's fault mate. He was the driver and said he wanted to fish structure....I just didn't know that he wanted to fish "on" it.;D

I have now finished reading the book........a fantastic freelance effort you two, and an easy read for sure. Only have positive messages for you and will convey them further when we catch up at Mondy in a few weeks if not beforehand on the phone.

Been offline a little bit lately as we are moving homes.

Talk soon and congratulations....a great start on your literary adventures.

Cheers
Paul

BR65
12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Watched the dvd yesterday for the first time, congrats to JM, wish you well with the next ones as well mate.
Big fish, good action, hints and tips aplenty.

Pete62
14-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Congrats to JM and his mottly crew of local ringin's for a very informative and thought provoking Barramentary.

I have only watched it once so I am looking forward to drawing the more subtle tips from the presentation.

And thanks to Foxie for the quick delivery, good head for radio;)

Cheer's Pete.

NAGG
22-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Well .... I got my copy today (Thanks Foxy) ....... A thought provoking DVD - & well worth getting a copy whether you're a newby or a seasoned campaigner !

Well done Johnny

Chris

PS ..... some of the supporting cast are a bit suss ;D

alphas
22-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Bought my copy today and have just watched it...It is fantastic.
Found the water temp.-current part very interesting.Must do some more study!!!

Congratulations to everyone involved