PDA

View Full Version : Mack in Spitfire Channel

Fishbait
31-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Headed up the Spitfire Channel early this morning for only one mack. Plenty of boats around but I think most of them were gathering livies and heading off wider. My young boy Brenton got this Mack on his Stradic 6000 with 50pd braid on a ganged pilly with size 9 lead. Poor thing didn't have chance once hooked. Didn't see any birds all morning in either direction headin out or headin home.

Tried Bulwer and Curtain for a few drifts - no luck our way. The next boat beside us got a big cobe though lucky buggers.

Bit of swell and chop on the way out but a glass ride home at 11:00am. Weighed him at Keiths bait shop again and hit the scales at 2.4kg.

Happy New Year Ausfishers!

PS. Shane C - Sorry I missed your last post yesterday mate - could have caught up with you and family at Tanga's for a swim - it was hot hey!

Cheers, Darren.

BLOOEY
31-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Good on your'e son. Is that a grey or a doggy mac. Bit hard to tell from the photo. Ben

Tassie JR
31-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Nice work darren, good to see your getting out and getting amonst them.

happy new year mate.

cheers Dan

skipalong
31-12-2008, 07:01 PM
nice fish mate well done

cheers justin

Fishbait
31-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Ben - not too sure either mate. Young fella thought it might be a spottie mack.
Justin - Thanks mate - have you finished your holidays up at Noosa now. How did it go?
Tassie Jnr - Yeh mate, been flogging the estuary alot, so was happy to get outside for a while. Conditions were too good i think - you could see the bottom almost anywhere at Bulwer, Curt etc if you were less than 25ft - the water was very beautiful colour.

reel scream
01-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Well done Darren. What happened to the slugs as we discussed?

Cheers Scott

Fishbait
01-01-2009, 07:50 PM
G'Day Scott - I'm too much off an old bait fisherman mate. Gave it a go on 2 drifts for no success. Maybe I should have persisted a little longer. When I gutted this bloke he had a big squid in his throat - I wish I had squid on board then to throw down but didn't and had to make do with the pillies. Nice day out anyway. Should catch up again soon mate. Cheers, Darren.

jtpython
01-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Mate i'ts a feed and a great day out by the sounds
Champion stuff
JT
A mate has arrived here today so we are off tomorrow to try and catch a few