PDA

View Full Version : The Freshwater year, Musters and bashes...

Tropicaltrout
31-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Just to reflect on the year that was..

Well lthe year started off with RAIN finally after such a long time of nothin and the dam we all got to know of 18 went up to 38 and we all went into what do we do mode but the fish started to play again as the dam settled and we all started to find good water and new ground with this influx of water.... Winter was long but still some great fish where reported and I think many were swaying to fishing the winter a bit more...

Nagg went to work on the typing board with the birth of the Monduran Muster a trip for all of us IBD sufferers... around 20 or so turned up for the weekend we ran a comp for the trip on the saturday which TonyM took out the first muster big fish trophy...

The muster sparked nearly 1200 posts and still counting which shows just how much we are all taken by these fantastic fish, anyhow there was a bet on what post number would reach and a mikooth took it out only to re-donate the prize to start of the muster hard luck award with the creator took out, with a serries of mishaps and monkeys etc

To top the weekend of we all enjoyed the camping fishing and companionship that goes with this great condition we call IBD, and some enjoyed it so much they simply stayed up all weekend.....

November saw many of us take to the Goat track again for some hard fishing early in the month but as time went it fired and it was on for young and old with Simon taking out the Big Fish award for the month with his 126cm fish, many of us nailed fish through this month but none better then the touch typer himself Nagg with the great finnish in his first ABT experiance... Many of a new angler was born which is great and what its all about and now have jumped head first into the IBD world here on Ausfish, I read many of reports of donut breakers throught this later year rush....

The New Year well its A dash up the goat track again to the mighty mond pond for a few of us, but there was a new trip born The Borumba Bash our mate Deano got on the button board and threw the idea out and as bunning anglers we all are it was on... and at last count nearly 30 of us will be heading to the dam fo a bass and toga run with a fun little comp running not sure if its settled what the terms are but if the muster is a bit of insight it will yet again be one to remember with the traditional campfire yarns, trying to get chris to drink xxxx and trying to catch a fish aswell...

To all of the Ausfish mob and IBD sufferers All the best for the New Year and to those travelling up that goat track safe passage hope everyone has a great year....

Nath

Whitto
02-01-2009, 06:21 AM
And the fantastic thing is Nath.....We can do it all again this year.....In my case there will be more Winter trips and hopefully more Barra.........bring on the Bash and of course the Muster

Tropicaltrout
03-01-2009, 01:50 PM
You got it Whitto, bring it on!!!!!

BR65
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
And the fantastic thing is Nath.....We can do it all again this year.....In my case there will be more Winter trips and hopefully more Barra.........bring on the Bash and of course the Muster

Mate, are you prepared for the sacrifices winter fishing involves?
Clear cloudless skies, no one at the ramp, gentlemans hours on the water, casting in your Ugg boots at free swimming barra in shallow water, and frosty toes warmed up by a campfire and a few bundies at nite - tuff stufff!8-)

Whitto
04-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Mate, are you prepared for the sacrifices winter fishing involves?
Clear cloudless skies, no one at the ramp, gentlemans hours on the water, casting in your Ugg boots at free swimming barra in shallow water, and frosty toes warmed up by a campfire and a few bundies at nite - tuff stufff!8-)I can't wait Brian....even if I have to make the sacrifices you mentioned;D.....It will even make the trip up the Goat Track half reasonable

NAGG
04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Well written Nath & a nice little summary of the year that was.

2008 was certainly the year that our affliction was identified & named (Dr Awoonga) - I cant forget returning from our March trip & feeling something had changed ....... I was depressed & lost ....... It was I . B . D

Once I admitted to my condition ..... life changed & for me the decision was made to up stumps & head North ...... not too far away now:P

The Mondy Muster ....... Far out , who would of thought that the birth of such a great weekend away could come from a group of like minded fishoes banging away on keyboards ............ The success & roll up can only see the event grow ...... Most importantly friendships have been made.

So on the back of the successes & frustrations of 2008 we move into 2009 enthusiastic ......... & thanks to Deano's insight we have the opportunity to get together again at the BASH! ....... Ego's will be checked at the gate as we move away from our barra experiences to target the elusive SARATOGA ..... & friends
Yes bring it on !!!!

Hopefully we will learn a little more from each other during 2009. it would be cool to see some new faces join in & some of the lost ones return to these pages - 8-)

so everyone have a great IBD 2009.

Chris

PS ..... What will be the 2009 innovation :P ....... we did frogs , hollowbellies & spin gear during 2007/2008 ........ Maybe ultralight tackle:P

Tropicaltrout
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Hopefully we will learn a little more from each other during 2009. it would be cool to see some new faces join in & some of the lost ones return to these pages( like toomanylures)

PS ..... What will be the 2009 innovation :P ....... we did frogs , hollowbellies & spin gear during 2007/2008 ........ Maybe ultralight tackle:P and trolling??????;D ;D

NAGG
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Hopefully we will learn a little more from each other during 2009. it would be cool to see some new faces join in & some of the lost ones return to these pages( like toomanylures)

PS ..... What will be the 2009 innovation :P ....... we did frogs , hollowbellies & spin gear during 2007/2008 ........ Maybe ultralight tackle:P and trolling??????;D ;D

now now now ...... be good Nath ;D Love it !