PDA

View Full Version : Useless G.C fisherman

FISHAWN
29-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Decided to take the girlfriend out today to the 24's to give her a taste of some offshore action AAAND to blood in my newly aquired tryrno's 20.
Left Paradise point ramp at a very lazy 11am and dropped some pots for back up plan C. Was pretty hairy for her coming through the seaway in the 4.29 tinny but she held on ( screaming NO NO NO we not going out there in this ) and made it out to the 24's in relatively smooth seas.
Not long after dropping the rigs ( paternosters with Squid ) the sounder lit up rediculously huge bait balls and the biggest arches ive seen in my whole 3 months of offshore fishing. My pulse began to race and i began thinking to myself ' this is it im going to get absolutely slammed in a second, the reels are going to screeem and i will be landing fish in front of the girlfriend, impressing her to the max and justifying all the $$$$ i spend on this crazy fishing thing i have become addicted to.
Well, seems this wasn't to be the case and all i managed to bring up was a lazy old flathead which got off right at the boat ::). FOund more awesome shows and then it happened, the girlfriend started whinging uncontrollably, when can we go home, ive got period pain, its too windy , blah blah blah blah blah blah blaaaaargh !
Anyhow she claims she notices a 'shark' which i quickly passed off as being a dolphin and ignore her commotion as the show on the bottom is drawing all my attention, then when quizzeed on the way back in ( yes her whinging and screaming got the better of me ) ' darling what did this fin look like? ' ................................... ' oh erm ahh it was kinda short for a shark, very black in colour and i saw a kinda long pointy beak type thing on it' AHHHHHH sH&* holy *(^#(*^%#(*&#A^$)(*(_()@_$(*)@#($*&)(*_)(@_+*)@_$(*@#)$(&@$)(&*@$)(&*@$)(*&@$)
That darling sounds like a black marlin !!!! after many deep breaths and trying not to look at the skirts i recently aquired and were awaiting ready for the chance at a marlin, i managed to get over it and kind of feel priviliged that we did get close to one on the 24's and began the slow journey home to carry out plan B, dusky lizards for dinner.
After many a drift around the usual haunts in the broadwater using plastics, mullet and squid managed no hits and decided to check on plan c for some crabs. Pots came up..... MMMM nothing Holy FK*^%*%&%@#*@#*)(%@#)*%@#)$*%@$)*&% we going home darling.

All in all it was nice to get out on the water but no fish and crabs! not happy Jan ! second trip now to come home with nothing :-X

skipalong
29-12-2008, 07:56 PM
unlucky mate next trip may be bettergood luck

cheers justin

bigjimg
29-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Mate get the cheese and kisses hooked up.Don't worry about yourself pullout all stops to get her hooked up,then just maybe she will get bitten by the the nasty fishing bug.Then it'll be this type of whinging,"HONEY WHEN ARE WE GOING FISHING".Too which you will softly reply "when you have got the boat hooked up dear".We can only live in hope.Don't give up at least she went out with you.JIm

Angla
29-12-2008, 08:37 PM
She may also force you to get a bigger boat for her comfort.

You have to see the bright side

Chris

bluwater66
29-12-2008, 09:10 PM
It's all relative. As a mate asked me "How do you get your wife to go out fishing ?" My reply was "How do you get yours to stay at home ? " I'm sick of my missus catching all the big ones.
:D ::)
Chris

hungry6
29-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a normal day fishing for alot of peoples.It's just so they dont write it up, but it was a good read.

dreemon
30-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Great post Fishawn !! identical to when I have fish in the same areas, only diff is my wife doesn't whinge, she just lays on the filthy floor of the boat all curled up in fetal position and not that she wont cry about it , she cant because she gets scared when there is swell, on the flat days she's ok, I think part of it is that they know that theres that much more water depth under them, and the boat seems smaller the further out ya get, Cheers

mangomick
30-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Look on the bright side mate. She's only your girlfriend and not your wife:-X :-X :-X

THE FLY
30-12-2008, 08:43 AM
My last girlfriend absolutely loved coming out with me fishing! So I found & married one that absolutely hates it!
Works for me!!!

BR65
30-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Good read mate! I had the missus out the front of the cape one time and she was adamant that all the fish were on my side of the boat, in 40 meters lol. Threatened to throw the rod over the side when I refused to swap sides with her, we still laugh about it.