PDA

View Full Version : (%$#$ Weather !!

Sea-Dog
29-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Don't you just love it....

Everything lined up for a spot of evening crabbing, run in tide about to start, seabreeze looks OK, buoy weather looks OK, BOM looks OK.

Hook the car up at about 10 to 6, take a look at the sky.

Back to BOM to double check - Severe thunderstorm warning issued at 6:00 PM

Take cover, large hailstones, damaging winds etc.

As they say in the Toyota ads - Bugger !

Maybe tomorrow ??

Leighton
29-12-2008, 06:30 PM
there is plenty of fresh punching out the creeks and river here on the coast.
Tally/ Currumbin and Tweed are chocky milk shakes
Might push the sandies out into the broardwater but the boat traffic and pot raiders are out in BIG numbers

lusco
29-12-2008, 07:20 PM
i am hearin ya seadog i am already to go waitin 2 see what happens.headin to bribie passage.if not tonight first thing tomorrow.

lusco
29-12-2008, 07:20 PM
i am hearin ya seadog i am already to go waitin 2 see what happens.headin to bribie passage.if not tonight first thing tomorrow.

Raesen
29-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Mate I am sitting at home with it plssing down (northern suburbs - Petrie). I/We missus and I just set up our Jayco for two weeks on the Maroochy River on a mates propety. Hope its OK. Going up New Years day for a couple of weeks.

Shit happens and whilst I do not want damage (all insured) hope the weather is reasonably kind.
Cheers
Pete

PinHead
29-12-2008, 08:46 PM
you guys think you have problems..I got caught walking back from a restaurant...bloody rain and thunder and lightning started..had to stop at bar on the way and have a coffee and a few ports..finally got back to room..still raining and some thunder around on sth straddie

Donny Boy
30-12-2008, 08:17 AM
you guys think you have problems..I got caught walking back from a restaurant...bloody rain and thunder and lightning started..had to stop at bar on the way and have a coffee and a few ports..finally got back to room..still raining and some thunder around on sth straddie

Sounds like you really did it tough for a while there, old mate !!;)

skipalong
04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
its always a waiting game

reidy
08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Same prob down this way winds been blowing now for three weeks non stop.
iiiiiimmmmm goooooiiinnnnggg crraazzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Reidy