PDA

View Full Version : Not worth reading

Angla
29-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Perfect plans were upset by a lack of co-operation from the fish.

3.00am start from home and launchby 4.00 at Scarborough for a beaut trip over to moreton where it got a little sloppier from Combuyoro to Flinders reef. Spotted the aground dive boat then tried a spot for bottom bashing with the plastics and found thew current a bit quick so straight into trolling the new skirts and a couple of hard bodies Greens and lumo one corner and purples in the other. A proven winner in a couple of hard bodies too. Slapped out the teaser and the bird. Trolled for about Three and a half hours with not even a tickle. Went over some great shows of bait and some little bird activity but still no takers. We Trolled from Flinders to Hutchies and did a heap of passes over Hutchies then up the trench towards Wide Cal. We found clean water and dirty water and weaved our way in circles and straight lines all over.
Gave that away and zipped to Wide Cal to check the bottom as we trolled some more. The bottom looked very clean and clear of fish so Ryan and I decided to check for sure. The current seemed to be pretty strong but the sea anchor held us nearly still as we burlied and bashed the bottom with SP's, Squid and some nice whiting frames.
I won't say that we accidentally hooked an anchor rope with three lines and very red faced asked for help from the owners of the anchor rope. They acted with the most respect and tried to gently untangle three lines and various tackle but we insisted they free our lines more quickly (snip)and keep any tackle. Sorry for the very rude inconvenience if you read this. I misjudged the changing drift from the parachute.
Not one fish to speak of for the whole trip but was a great day.:D

Chris

jtpython
29-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh well chris least you were on the water and not sitting at home wondering mate
We are saddling up for another run tomorrow hopefully to some wide ground to chase reds
JT

Wahoo73
29-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Gday Chris and all Ausfishers,
Have been reading posts for a while now without replying. Thought id let you all know i had similar luck today at Hutchies. Trolled and bottom bashed all day for not a lot. Managed to raise a small black on skirts early on, but no hookup. Heaps of birds, bait and dolphins. Great day out, will head down goldie tmrow.

Thanks for all the posts over the last 12 months. :D

Cheers

Wahoo73 - Shaun

trueblue
29-12-2008, 06:28 PM
How about the new targa - what was the verdict on that and the new lights??

cheers

Mick

chris_s
29-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Yep similar story here, trolled some skirts and livies east of the cape and up and around hutchies for nil result. Certainly nothing like it was on Tuesday. But great day finished off with a dip at the wrecks and a coupla coldies. Oh yeah trailer bearings decided to give up just as i turned into my street, so i know what im doing tomorrow.

skipalong
29-12-2008, 07:11 PM
everyone has them and gotta hate those days

Angla
29-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Trueblue. Lights are awesome. Looks like a light bulb factory from a distance.

As far as the fish not playing the game. I know it happens to all of us, some more than others

I might try wednesday for an overnighter

Chris

brisryan
29-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the great day mate, is always a treat to go out with you!

Below is a couple of snaps from my camera,

Dolphins:

http://www.maxfonts.com/fishing/dolphins.jpg

shipwreck:

http://www.maxfonts.com/fishing/shipwreck.jpg

Fishing:

http://www.maxfonts.com/fishing/fishing.jpg

When I got home I was still in the fishing mood, so I went to bunnings, purchased around $30 worth of pine and built a new rod rack (only supports 5 rods, that's all I have.), pics:

http://www.maxfonts.com/fishing/newrodrack.jpg

http://www.maxfonts.com/fishing/newrodrack2.jpg

Regards,

Ryan

Angla
29-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks Ryan for putting up a pic of the only fish caught all day. I remember it as being bigger than that.

you have the fishing bug alright

Chris

sharkymark2
29-12-2008, 09:11 PM
For heavens sake man :( only five rods!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you fish with only five rods...... and that pin k one really ;) :).

iceknight
31-12-2008, 07:30 PM
i trolled all day aswell.. Not even a reel turn.... was shocking. found a TON of bait saw a few blacks free jumping and yet not one taker!!!

mirage
01-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Never thought I'd say it but there almost seems to be too much bait around Cape Moreton area. Can't even raise a puffer fish at the moment. They're all full!

MyWay
01-01-2009, 10:03 AM
i was on gold coast yesterday no bait at all
did not turn reel all day

the best condition i bin for long time
would be nice if if i could sign off for year with fish but always next time

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn101/mywayphotos/2008_1231fishing0008.jpg

bdaearth
01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi MYWAY just was looking at your photo and can see a hose squirting out near your line is there any therory for that or just happened to get in the shot???

Brenden

finding_time
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi MYWAY just was looking at your photo and can see a hose squirting out near your line is there any therory for that or just happened to get in the shot???

Brenden

That's just some dodgy Russian fishing technique::) ::) Fadil's got heaps of those;D ;D ;D He should just use a teaser like everyone else but he thinks they scare the fish!!;) Little does he know that it's the donging his bar crusher make that really scares them!!!;D ;D ;D :P :-*

Vindicator
01-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah like the rest of you, I trolled for about 6-7 hours on tuesday for only one hookup on a black which was just south of shallow tempest. Dirty bugger waited till he was turned to before he gave a big head shake and spat the hook. I travelled from hutchies to tempest and then over to the trench for the lonely soul. Everyone was in the same boat that day.(pardon the pun) Was nothing like a week ago.

Cheers
Kezza

MyWay
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
That's just some dodgy Russian fishing technique::) ::) Fadil's got heaps of those;D ;D ;D He should just use a teaser like everyone else but he thinks they scare the fish!!;) Little does he know that it's the donging his bar crusher make that really scares them!!!;D ;D ;D :P :-*

Ian there was no trick left out to try attract any fish ;D;D
i hope we will have more luck next year

happy new year to all:)