PDA

View Full Version : New Quintrex 395 Trophy

BrettoM
29-12-2008, 03:07 PM
:) Hello All,

I have just placed an order for a Quintrex 395 Explorer Trophy with a 30HP (3 cylinder) 2 stroke Yamaha on a Quintrex (Telwater) Trailer. It has been optioned up with Hummin Bird 343 Colour Sounder and Bow Mount Minn Kota 55lb saltwater co-pilot/auto-pilot electric trolling motor. Will use for a mix of impoundment and estuary fishing. Would be keen to hear from anyone with a similar rig regarding their experiences.

I previously had a 3.7m Quintrex traveller with 9.9 Yamaha and was looking at the Hornet Trophy but this seemed a good all round boat at a reasonable outlay.

Coontakinta
29-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Nice one bretto.

I'm sure the extra stabilty of the explorer wont go unnoticed

Just outta interest whats something like that worth? Does it have flooring and under deck storage or are they extras to the package you've bought?

BrettoM
29-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Nice one bretto.

I'm sure the extra stabilty of the explorer wont go unnoticed

Just outta interest whats something like that worth? Does it have flooring and under deck storage or are they extras to the package you've bought?
Thanks Coontakinta. Boat with all regos etc (drive away) $12,300 (including fitting bowmount motor and sounder. Plus Minn Kota $2,300, Hummin Bird $550 and a battery $200 - with a few other extras thrown into package. Got a fairly good deal as dealer had the boat for close to 6 months.

BR65
30-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Nice sounding rig Bretto, Ive owned a few quinys over the years, and currently have a 4mt hornet. My tip to you my friend is have a good luck under the floor when you get the boat, Quintrex are a bit lazy when it comes to removing swarf, dropped screws, misplaced pliers etc, all nasties you dont need in your bilge

cheers
brian

mylestom
31-12-2008, 05:10 AM
:) Hello All,

I have just placed an order for a Quintrex 395 Explorer Trophy with a 30HP (3 cylinder) 2 stroke Yamaha on a Quintrex (Telwater) Trailer. It has been optioned up with Hummin Bird 343 Colour Sounder and Bow Mount Minn Kota 55lb saltwater co-pilot/auto-pilot electric trolling motor. Will use for a mix of impoundment and estuary fishing. Would be keen to hear from anyone with a similar rig regarding their experiences.

I previously had a 3.7m Quintrex traveller with 9.9 Yamaha and was looking at the Hornet Trophy but this seemed a good all round boat at a reasonable outlay.

Brett,

Congratulations on the new boat should go well.

Just swapped from a Quintrex Bass Buster( 3.7 Traveller with floors) 15 Yamaha to 3.95 Explorer Trophy, picked up boat in Oct but still awaiting arrival of new 30hp Etec (Long story).

Had a rear transom step fitted to mine and long side pocket on the starboard side, then fitted rod holders(Internal rack for five rods) to port side. Nav lights and bilge pump, cockpit led lights on inside of gunwale. Have opened up front anchor well to open both side. Also on front deck the area around the livewell contains nothing. Have installed two hatches, one either side of the livewell. Just wasted space otherwise. Dual batteries on port side read hatch, 70amp for outboard and accessories and 120amp Trojan Deep cycle for Bow Mount Minn Kota. Also fitting fuel filter for outboard. Swivel bracket for sounder. Now for bracket for handhelf Gps.

Once motor arrives, then into local tradie for fitting of covers for boat and outboard. Have always had on my boats and they really keep them tidy and clean and easy to transport with gear.

Good luck with your boat, lots you can do and would be interested to hear what others have done to theirs.

Happy New Year

Trev

BrettoM
31-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the tip Brian - I will definitely have a look under the floor.

BrettoM
31-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback Trev - certainly sounds like a nice rig. Have you any photos - I would be particularly keen to see how you did the rod holder / side pocket setup? The 30 ETEC should be a nice addition - I thought about one but my local dealer just pulled the pin on them. Hence, I have gone for the top notch electric trolling motor - so the Yamaha will be basically to get me from A to B. Have a good one.

385EXPLORER
31-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Good onya BrettoM,sounds awesome,i'm jelous

BR65
31-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the tip Brian - I will definitely have a look under the floor.

Worth the effort mate. Between myself and a mates quiny's, we have replaced a seized bilge pump - full of ally swarf, and removed a set of pliers, one screwdriver and plenty of small screws, rivet shanks and nuts and bolts. Why Quintrex couldnt task an apprentice to vacum out the hulls before the floor goes down is beyound me?
Anyways, enjoy the new rig mate, hope she is a fishy tub for ya.
cheers
brian