PDA

View Full Version : looking for a quick update on awonga

fatboyfishing
27-12-2008, 08:17 AM
just trying to work out weather to try awonnga
or should i just keep chasing Bass at cania?

awonga had been shut down my last two trips around a months ago
and no one has posted any reports so just chasing any one who has been out on the water .
thanks nigel

Awoonga
27-12-2008, 09:33 AM
just trying to work out weather to try awonnga
or should i just keep chasing Bass at cania?

awonga had been shut down my last two trips around a months ago
and no one has posted any reports so just chasing any one who has been out on the water .
thanks nigel its on the improve...The water is getting better every day Seven fish where encounted yesterday fishing from 530 to 930 in the morning...The sad part is not one was brought to the boat but thats another story ! l think unless you are switched on to the dam you may find it a bit tough

Sniper
27-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Trevor.
So its getting a bit better than a few weeks ago hey? Has the water color cleared up yet? Can't wait to get back up there again, preferably without the storms next time. Chat to you soon Trevor.
Bill

jeffrey_h
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Just wondering whether there are any more reports to date.

We may be going to Awoonga in a few weeks time for the week-end 14th - 15th March.

Jeffrey

Awoonga
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Just wondering whether there are any more reports to date.

We may be going to Awoonga in a few weeks time for the week-end 14th - 15th March.

Jeffrey The 14/15 March is still a way off ... That could be a good thing ! The lake has had two water rises ... and maybe it could get another this weekend ??.. .So no use in telling you that the fishing has been nothing short of sensational... { it hasn,t }.The lake changes day to day... ...Two weeks is such a looong time...Send me a PM or put up a post about a week before you go ... l will give you the best info that l can.....

BigChiefBarra
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Hit the dam early on Monday morning (4.30am start). Got absolutely smashed and busted up big time. Lost the favourite Blue Fox Barra. Landed a nice 79cm in the same bay. (Nth of NZ Gully). Water quality wasn't too bad, but as Trev mentioned another 100+mm of rain and possibly more this weekend will dirty it up again.

Headed up the Boyne arm (very dirty but HOT) up there. Lots of run-off coming in I guess. Saw a visitor from Nthn NSW troll up a 1125cm on softy. Helped with a photo and release.

BigChiefBarra
12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Doh!!! Photo to big - sorry

Awoonga
13-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Futter creek is running...a good steady flow into Awoonga

BigChiefBarra
13-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Hows all that noxious weed going to go - I wonder. Getting well & truly flushed into the dam !!!!!!!