PDA

View Full Version : witch new boat

otto
24-12-2008, 09:00 PM
:) HI,AND A MERRY CHRISMAS TO ALL
I'm in the market to buy a new boat to go offshore .I was thinking about a alloy boat as I live about 5 hours away from the coast. I'm a bit confused with all the different makes around. And was wondering what's the best alloy boat out there? I was thinking about the Bar Crusher 560c or even 620C .I also was going to use it for a bit of skiing,and maybe fishing dams.
Could anyone give their oppinions on witch way to go ? what brand of boats are best ?

Wahoo
24-12-2008, 09:02 PM
:) HI,AND A MERRY CHRISMAS TO ALL
I'm in the market to buy a new boat to go offshore .I was thinking about a alloy boat as I live about 5 hours away from the coast. I'm a bit confused with all the different makes around. And was wondering what's the best alloy boat out there? I was thinking about the Bar Crusher 560c or even 620C .I also was going to use it for a bit of skiing,and maybe fishing dams.
Could anyone give their oppinions on witch way to go ? what brand of boats are best ?

talk to Scotty at Bluewater alloy boats

Daz

Wahoo
24-12-2008, 09:08 PM
also look at these
razorline
Platemaster
AMM
Fisher

backlash08
25-12-2008, 05:30 AM
otto, plenty of options for sure, wahoo has given you a good steer, I've owned a 560 BC and it was a good boat for a 560, now have a 700 fisher and it is a good thing, great boat, in the end it is a question of budget and personal choice but I would certainly buy another fisher

tunaticer
25-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Go for a platey if you are wanting an alloy boat mate, pressed tin hulls are not going to last as well or ride as well. The brands are endless to choose from.
From what has been mentioned so far add TABS boats to the list.

What sort of offshore fishing are you intending?? 10 miles offshore 50 miles offshore??? overnight fishing??? extended trips like to the Swains?? Game fishing??

In all honesty a 6m open platey will get you out there and back safely with less creature comforts and may suit your impoundment work a bit better than a 6m walk around cabin job.

otto
25-12-2008, 07:24 AM
I'd be looking at just going out for the day, And just going as far as the shelf from Bermagui and ulladulla.