PDA

View Full Version : Took the E-tec for a run.

juju
24-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Its been about 3 mths since i was on the water...between work and weather the chance just hasnt come up....but i had yesterday off and the weather was good...so up at 5 and down to sandgate...i was getting worried about the batteries and the tank of fuel going stale (undrefloor tank so a bit hard to drain)..anyway...she kicked over first turn as is the norm...and off i went...i took along a rod to have a flick at these spottys that ive been hearing about...went over to the sandhills keeping an eye out for birds working.., up theinside to the cape played around there a bit then back down the inside to the sandhills again...across to mud and back to the creek...goal was to burn up some fuel...well she was full on the way out..so i worked out i used 40 lts......had about as much luck with the the birds as ive had with the ones on RSVP (subnote please advise , if you have found a deckie on there...give a guy hope) good weather but and it was nice just to have a drive...came across these fish playing right on the surface near curtin....havent seen them before id please...

Ratman
26-12-2008, 08:27 PM
JUJU,

I'd say some form of marine termite. :D Don't panic, it's been nearly 5 months since I've wet my rig. SAD. :'( Hows that E-tec going mate. You still in love. :-*

Mick

datamile
26-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Been 2.5 months for me as well.. Drained the old fuel , charged the battery and she started first time in the yard... fingers crossed for tomorrow.

juju
27-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Yep still love the e-tec...would get another one anyday...I think all outboards have come along way in the past few years..with mine ive never had a problem...at the service i had it was found the there were some stress cracks in the plastic moulding of the lower cowel where the screws held it on.....it was as if the leg had been hit with something....but that had never happend....anyway BRP replaced them under warrenty something that they may have knocked back...but no...so i was very happy

Jabba_
28-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Yep, I love my donk too. 250 E-tec. Took it to Tangalooma for 2 days, and trolled from 5:00 to 11:00 without missing a beat.. Like all modern outboards there very reliable....

RobSee
07-01-2009, 10:17 PM
the fish look like hump headed batfish (Platax Batavianus)

Cheers
Rob

catfishkid
07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Here is a better look at those fish,my son has caught and released a couple of them at curtain recently,they go like freight trains on light gear.

Cheers Craig

Donny Boy
08-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Geez Craig,

is THAT what happened to my Goldfish ??????? ;);D

TimiBoy
08-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Lol at Donny Boy! Geez Craig, the kid's a spitting image of his Dad!

Cheers,

Tim

suzygs1000
10-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeh, I'm amazed to Juju,

that motor has to be (according to my reckoning) at the very least, three months old. And it is still running ok!!!

Maybe Etechs are ok afterall!!

Dave.