PDA

View Full Version : New Boat??

Thorbsy
17-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Gday guys.

I"m currently looking at upgrading the old tinny to a new 435 hornet trophy, tiller steer with a 50 horse 4 stoke yammy. I'm getting pretty serious about fishing plastics and want a boat with heaps of clear uncluttered deck room. Are they as Stable as their made out to be ?? Anyone own one, and what is your opinion. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Brad.

Noelm
18-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I guess what it comes down to is, do you like the Boat? if the answer is yes, then go for it, I have been in a few, they are OK, probably better than some and not as good as others, but it is a personal thing, just like cars or anything else.

FNQCairns
18-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I always try and advise away from the hornet style of boat when fishing salt water due mainly to the restrictive nature of them if ever the opportunity arrives to head out somewhere, they can do it but quite simply not near as well as a V hull of the same length/power for example a trip to the cape to sink a few plastics or troll.

IMO there is nothing a V hull cannot do that a hornet can but apples to apples there are a few things not as nice/fully safe to do in a Hornet compared to a comparable lenght V hull = opportunities missed.
+ they are so bloody noisy! and overpriced...

cheers fnq