PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the blank old tinny

joshcarty
17-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Alright so lately i have been tampering with some ideas of modifications i can do to my tinny just to make it work better for me. I have done all the standard stuff (false floor, Rod racks etc) but being easily bored, i am always lookin for new and excitin ideas of things that can be done to a tinny. There must be neverending ideas/inventions out there so why not share these ideas and post what mods you have done to your tinny. Lookin forward to seeing what people have done. Cheers

finga
20-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Come on now...there's got to be some pictures about...somewhere???

Kleyny
20-12-2008, 10:57 AM
apart from the normal decks i have a drawer setup that come out form under the front deck

neil

Didley
20-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Cool Honky D, that's a neat job.

dreemon
20-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Heres a pic of my elect box, It's a glovebox fr whitworths about $ 50 bux? then I housed it in T & G Iron bark hardwood flooring , ( any sealed and painted ply/timber of 20mm would work) alloy angle on the corners,

the box origanaly has 2 drink holders so took one out and a 4 panel switch fits in the space perfect, theres a good spot for your 12 v cig acc socket, inside the box has all the wiring and room for your wallet, smokes, keys, mob and is lockable if ya need, from there you can add what you like to the outside of it, it's easy to make once you get the box , Cheers

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/JerahsRainbow/boatconsol09_08.jpg

BaitThrower
16-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Heres a pic of my elect box, It's a glovebox fr whitworths about $ 50 bux? then I housed it in T & G Iron bark hardwood flooring , ( any sealed and painted ply/timber of 20mm would work) alloy angle on the corners,

the box origanaly has 2 drink holders so took one out and a 4 panel switch fits in the space perfect, theres a good spot for your 12 v cig acc socket, inside the box has all the wiring and room for your wallet, smokes, keys, mob and is lockable if ya need, from there you can add what you like to the outside of it, it's easy to make once you get the box , Cheers

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/JerahsRainbow/boatconsol09_08.jpg

How is this secured to the boat?

stevej
16-02-2009, 08:41 PM
lots of pics here http://ausbream.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5507

my 385 explorer that was just bought as a base hull

now has a diff motor and new sounder it never ends :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/LUKKAT/DSCF6938-1.jpg

nipsta
16-02-2009, 10:28 PM
yes looks good this is my 385 explorer mod start out as a open blank hull and i have enjoy the process overtime turning it into a good looking boat and pratical ;D

dreemon
17-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Baithrower,

On mine I have the box sitting on the side pocket and has 2 nuts n bolts holding to the top lip of sidepocket and an L bracket screwed to the back of the box and a rib,

otherwise you could fix 2 lengths of alloy to two of your ribs and step the top one out with spacers, ( maybee tube ) so the box sits level and fix from the rear of box, or L brackets onto the alloy and box, Cheers

BaitThrower
17-02-2009, 08:55 PM
yes looks good this is my 385 explorer mod start out as a open blank hull and i have enjoy the process overtime turning it into a good looking boat and pratical ;D

Mate are your red/green nav lights on wrong sides? It appears they are in the pics
Also, are they visible abeam and 22.5 degrees (or whatever the regulation is) from behind abeam?
Wouldn't like to see you cop a fine (or get hit coz someone didnt see you) :-[

BaitThrower
17-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Baithrower,

On mine I have the box sitting on the side pocket and has 2 nuts n bolts holding to the top lip of sidepocket and an L bracket screwed to the back of the box and a rib,

otherwise you could fix 2 lengths of alloy to two of your ribs and step the top one out with spacers, ( maybee tube ) so the box sits level and fix from the rear of box, or L brackets onto the alloy and box, Cheers

Good ideas there mate thanks. Dont have pockets but will find a way like you describe to attach mine (if I go down that path) :)