PDA

View Full Version : Wondall Road Marine Tingalpa - Thank you

patrol50
15-12-2008, 07:14 PM
seeing its christmas and time for some good will - i bought my new boat with a mercury 4s OB boat from Springwood Marine and not at all happy about the alleged so called customer service etc i received from that particular marine outlet - so now i take it to Wondall Road Marine at Tingalpa to get the OB serviced etc as they are a Mercury service dealer and its done properly, at a fair price and the guys also organised the extra 2 years extended warranty for me on the Merc OB (lets hope i dont ever need it though) - just bloody great to meet some decent straight laced guys who dont bull$hit you and play the game fair and square unlike some others around - they have my full and totally impartial recommendation as a decent straight laced marine dealership who in my inexpert opinion appear to be top class OB mechanics to deal with and who do the right thing - ok thats it - see you rob

GBC
15-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm with you Rob,

They've been looking after our opti since we've had it.
Straight talk - straight pricing and by the book.

Kind of refreshing really.

I would endorse them to anyone.

C.J.

ozscott
16-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Brian, Jason and Troy have been looking after me and a couple of my mates for years - both Merc and Yammy. Cannot sing their praises enough. Honesty is the big thing and very experienced fellas too. Nice blokes to boot.

Cheers

patrol50
16-12-2008, 07:07 PM
good on yer Ozscott & GBC - just bloody refreashing to deal with decent guys who know their stuff and dont self promote by crapping on like another allleged useless smart arse marine dealer very recently on this site - like you guy i have found them to be honest, do excellent quality work and charge a fair and resonable price - just wish there were more like them around
thanks for your support rob

bobp
16-12-2008, 08:44 PM
i have started taking my verado there for services
great service good price and really helpful guy's

bob

patrol50
17-12-2008, 06:40 PM
thanks bob good to get your support on this matter - the guys do service both Mercury and Yamaha and do it extremely well by all accounts including mine - decent honest marine dealers like this need to be advertised widely by word of mouth and supported where possible by the ausfish members - unlike one or two other alleged shonky but supposedly high profile big name operators who cant get independent boat owners who have had some experience with them to promote them so have to do it themselves
thanks and best regards greg

Fish Guts
17-12-2008, 07:01 PM

rcfisher
18-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Well i would hate to add my 2 cents worth may change your mind in a hurry.

business class
18-12-2008, 11:07 AM
[quote=patrol50;941142]seeing its christmas and time for some good will - i bought my new boat with a mercury 4s OB boat from Springwood Marine and not at all happy about the alleged so called customer service etc i received from that particular marine outlet -]

They may be a good dealer to you and may look after your needs, and thats what every customer needs i believe, however you don't need to rubbish another dealer to make one look good. You might get a few decent comments over this thread.;)

Cheers
Matty

TimiBoy
18-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Yep, the Boys care for my Verado, too. Very happy with them.

Tim

ozscott
18-12-2008, 02:42 PM
rcfisher - you seem to have a different version about Wondall Rd...perhaps you might like to share it. All reasonable feedback on operators, as long as it is fair and unbiased is to be welcomed.

Cheers

patrol50
18-12-2008, 06:09 PM
so fishguts, rcfisher and business class some differing comments well this is a debate and so be it - but i cant help wonder aloud and thus possibly allege that perhaps you three may have connection to the so called allegedly rubbished dealer - but mate i did not rubbish anyone what i did was make an allegation i was unhappy with a certain dealers customer service - hardly a litigatible comment - and anyway mate truth is not slander and i do have significant records and diary enties of my dealings / conversations with that organisation re that matter and happy to table them if ever needed - other comments made where not specific nor referenced and hence not aimed at any particular issue just genral comments - plus as well a sort of a veiled threat from business class - mate at the end of the day that tells people more about what sort of people you are than i could ever hope to say - but perhaps now i had better check my boat over for any concerns and also have my fuel checked for contamination ??
see you rob
PS but as you say enough is probably enough and we will let it be now

patrol50
18-12-2008, 06:42 PM
A clarification re my final comment in the post above "but perhaps now i had better check my boat over for any concerns and also have my fuel checked for contamination ??" was a simply a comment as to what i personnally need to do in the next day or so prior to using the boat next week as it has been sitting out in the sun and rain for the past few weeks and i am quite concerned water may have contaiminated my fuel as the fuel cap was left off at one stage rather stupidly by me - it was comment that i should go off and do something more useful rather than wasting my time writing these posts and no other meaning was meant or inferred
apologies rob

gr hilly
15-11-2009, 09:18 PM
i know just how good these guys are thats why they get all of my praises too they look after me
hilly

AnthonyL
16-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I paid over $700 to have my motor repaired and serviced by Mr T’s (now at Coorparoo marine) and the motor came back and didn’t work. They were in the process of going under so didn’t take the motor back and repair it properly so I had to look for another local repairer.

I did a search as I didn’t want to get ripped off again and Wondall Rd Marines name kept coming up as being good.

I took the motor in and they fixed the problem up straight away and I was very happy with them. I got it serviced again when it was due and again was very happy with them and have been there another time since.

I called them this morning to book in and the earliest I could get in was on Thursday so they must be busy which is great in this climate.

BILLY THE KID
16-11-2009, 06:07 PM
ok this may sound familiar to alot of people ,

Sold the Haines in january and decided to get a tinny , as it was easier to launch myself etc . We went to every boat dealer on the southside looking at what was available . money was in the pocket everytime and here is what happened

Leisure marine had nothing in my price range but answered alot of questions even though i wasnt buying a boat from them ,

Bayside motorama was the same , very helpful and didnt pressure on any sale , even though the stacers were there ,

Stood in springwood marines yard for 20 mins and then left , no one even bothered asking if we needed help

Same thing at Stones cnr marine 20 mjins no one came out till we looked at their pride and joy Barcrusher outside the office

Cooparoo marine took time out and answered alot of questions , didnt pressure the sell , showed us the vipers and explained what to look for in a boat and was a extremelly good professional dealer . Thumbs up !! ;D

australian marine centre showed us alot of boats i wouldnt pay half the price tag on them in there condition

John crawford was straight to the point with boats in a price i wanted and didnt up sell anything . Consignment on boats bumps price up abit to i think

Wynnum Marine didnt have anything but still chatted about what to look for in what i wanted in a boat

Wondall rd took time out and explained everything that come with the boats , showed us one in the wrkshop 90 % completed , and as other have said No bullshit , straight answers and extremelly helpful

Boat was bought from Wondall rd . Was told it would be ready to pick up on friday ( was monday arvo when bought ) as i got electrics, sounder and battery fitted .

They rang me Wed morning at 9am saying it was ready to go .

This is my experience and not putting shit on any dealers but in Febuary/ March the market was dead in the ass , attitude to customers and helpful staff is a must in those times , to stand in a dealers yard for 20 mins looking at boats with no one coming out doesnt cut it with me , same with any shop really :D