PDA

View Full Version : Who's helped you in 08?

Leighton
15-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Just a way to publicly thank other Ausfishers who have helped you catch that elusive prize in 08.
For me its a big thanks to Matt Hill and Marty_z.
Had plenty of trips with Matt, talked a lot of crap, had plenty of laughs and caught plenty of fish.
Another thanks to Marty_z who put me on to my first Jack.
Thanks boys, Merry Christmas to you and your families.

slyman
15-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Careful reading of posts by a lot of the freshwater barra blokes has helped my brother and I score barra on each of our 3 trips to Monduran, so a big thanks to those blokes.

TimiBoy
15-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, what a good idea!

Wags - got me outside more, taught me tolerance (by being a constant pain in the ar$e!) and kindly loaned me the rod that caught my pb snapper.

Cheech - showed me how drunk a man can get and live. Also introduced me to Team Wave. I may forgive him one day...

Revs57 - preached up a storm in my boat one night, and so I reciprocated with a lecture delivered to a Pro and a Charter Operator, to show him how it's REALLY done!

Outsiderskip - full of good tips and info about where, when and how.

tropicrows - taught me not to feel guilty about taking guys fishing and catching nothing!

Chong, Blackrat and Aigutso - made me very welcome at Team Wave.

Lucky_Phill - for feeding me masses of Cobia at meetings. It's the closest I'll ever get to one of those black bastards.

Mik01 - for taking me on my first night adventure, and helping my confidence no end!

Mowerman - for helping me understand the politics and history of fishing in the Bay.

Litenup - for being a good bloke.

And so many others who've loaned me gear, thrown up intelligent, helpful remarks, delivered good tips and participated in some good fun debates through the year.

I think that's covered it. Jingle Bells, and many thanks!

Tim

wags on the water
15-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, what a good idea!

Wags - got me outside more, taught me tolerance (by being a constant pain in the ar$e!) and kindly loaned me the rod that caught my pb snapper.

Cheech - showed me how drunk a man can get and live. Also introduced me to Team Wave. I may forgive him one day...

Revs57 - preached up a storm in my boat one night, and so I reciprocated with a lecture delivered to a Pro and a Charter Operator, to show him how it's REALLY done!

Outsiderskip - full of good tips and info about where, when and how.

tropicrows - taught me not to feel guilty about taking guys fishing and catching nothing!

Chong, Blackrat and Aigutso - made me very welcome at Team Wave.

Lucky_Phill - for feeding me masses of Cobia at meetings. It's the closest I'll ever get to one of those black bastards.

Mik01 - for taking me on my first night adventure, and helping my confidence no end!

Mowerman - for helping me understand the politics and history of fishing in the Bay.

Litenup - for being a good bloke.

And so many others who've loaned me gear, thrown up intelligent, helpful remarks, delivered good tips and participated in some good fun debates through the year.

I think that's covered it. Jingle Bells, and many thanks!

Tim

Glad I could help Tim.....::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(

maztez
15-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I have a few also who helped or put up with me over 08....my son Brett (brejen ) and grandson Adam for being there and sharing our projects , to Grahame (gawby ) Bretts father in law for his help ,advise and numerous trips out wide ,and to Phil (pedrodepacus ) Viper boats , for going the extra mile to ensure his customers and mates are looked after .
merry christmas to all

TheRealAndy
15-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Where do I start? There is too many here to name!

bennykenny
15-12-2008, 06:13 PM
id like to thank my good mate Tracin' Em for putting me on to my Pb flattie during the flathead classic, 86cm of pure gold, cant wait til next year champ, and for showing me numerous times how to catch jewies(maybe ill get one next time), and for the hours of laughter and bull s*#t that we go on with all the time. and also to all ausfishers who put in a gallent effort to help each other out, with tips and advice, thanks guys and girls, Cheers and merry christmas. Bennykenny

ronnien
15-12-2008, 08:20 PM
would like to thank the t'ville boys, scott, brett, mozza, & rod for taking me out in their boats.
matt for helping me catch my first barra, scott (fnq cairns) for taking me out in his boat & catching my first largemouth (nanny).
all the t'ville boys who put in reports, even the boys to the north & south of t'ville.
to each & every ausfisher that makes this 1 hell of a site.:)

ron.

marty_z
15-12-2008, 09:41 PM

Just wish I had been there to see it! Sometimes you read a few posts from someone and you get the feeling they are a pretty good bloke (and know how to keep a secret) - always happy to help someone like that.

I'm sure there are many more red fish to come on board - just say the word.

Marty

Dunkxx
16-12-2008, 07:16 AM
the boys from the ville deserve another shout out. Thanks all for helping me start with sp's and hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas.

New years resolution,,, Hardbodies. hahaha
cheers
dunks

Chris Ryan
16-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I would like to thank all those who helped me with the protests early this year, Lucky_Phill is a stand out as a top bloke and a passionate force fighting for the bay. Also those members helping now with SOBA; it is the enthusiasm you bring to this that keeps us all going as a team.

Thank you all.

Fishing - well haven't actually done that in 12 months!

the gecko
16-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Martys a jack magnet, he put me onto my first one a few years back. From what I hear, anyone can catch a jack when theyre in the boat with marty, except for marty:-X , who selflessly lets everyone else get em.

Andrew

Peter4
16-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Just a way to publicly thank other Ausfishers who have helped you catch that elusive prize in 08.

Funny you should ask Leighton - it was you.

Earlier this year Kyle & I struggled a bit trying to catch decent snapper around Peel. After I read a few of your posts, tried a few of your suggestions (including line, leader and plastic choice) then you were generous enough to give me a couple of your GPS marks, our snapper success has improved dramatically.

Still no real big ones to the boat but have hooked and lost a few as well as catching quite a few up to 40 odd cms (and heaps of undersize ones!).

We actually head out to Peel each time quite confident we will do OK...

So thank you very much and have a great Xmas..........

Pete & Kyle

Ozie_3
16-12-2008, 05:40 PM
I will echo that Pete, thanks Leighton after a post by you about peel (when you moved down the coast) the photo of your gps was most helpfull, along with the info...cheers

and a heap of other members for all the useful information, company and general chat...

looking forward to 09...merry christmas to all and a very happy new year...

:) :) :) :) :) :)

cheers chris

TheRealAndy
16-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I would like to thank all those who helped me with the protests early this year, Lucky_Phill is a stand out as a top bloke and a passionate force fighting for the bay. Also those members helping now with SOBA; it is the enthusiasm you bring to this that keeps us all going as a team.

Thank you all.

Fishing - well haven't actually done that in 12 months!

I would like to thank you for all the work you put in! I can honestly say that you put up an absolute stella effort for the 2 I attended.

Also to webby and crew for the R2M (hope you enjoyed the rum;D).

And lets not forget steve for this place and his little helpers phil, mod5 (is he a real person?) and everyone else involved with ausfish.

Chong
16-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Nice post for this time of year8-)

I would just like to thank everyone i know and have meet this year and years past for a top group of fisher folk;D ;D .

Thanks to Steve (mr AF) if it was not for this site i would not be good mates with many, and we are all of graditude to you and the members of this great fishing forum;) ;) ;D ;D .

I hope that 2008 and many more years to come will have us all feeling the same.

Have a very merry and safe 2008 and i looking forward to 2009.

Cheers,
Chong

webby
16-12-2008, 10:38 PM
would like to thank Cheech and Chong Charters, for the denouncing the good name of the red Rocket one night in mid july, where a RBT could have saved this denouncing ????
Merry Chrissy to All
regards

dnej
18-12-2008, 09:07 AM
To Webby for his ongoing advice to me. On ya Webby.
Outsider 1 for help with whiting spots.To Grand Marlin,well just what can one say for your professional advice.
The list goes on,and for those I have missed,thanks heaps.
David

roz
18-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Well I would like to thank the Chongster and his offsider Cheech, or is it the other way around???? for inviting me out to fish aboard C & C charters back in October. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, my boat is a tad small to steam out to Bolt & Lady Musgrave.

I am in absolute awe of their rum drinking skills:o :o :o .... they could only be described as superhuman & godlike creatures, they left all in their wake (except for Newbs).

Would also like to thank Wags for being such great company out on the water,;D both off shore from 1770 and out on Awoonga .... on the other hand Mike, if ya don't like my photography skills ya can bash it mate.:P

Oh I must not forget Blaze & Mark!!! anyone who brings me crayfish all the way from Tazzie WHAT A PAIR OF CHAMPIONS... :-* geeze this list is going to be long.

The Decky can also be elevated into the C & C level of excellence...8-) both drinking and fishing skills are amazing........ at this point I should mention all of Team Sunlover '08 without naming everyone were the absolute BEST company. Closely followed by Team Wave of course!!!

Fish'n Junky
18-12-2008, 05:28 PM
My thanks list:

BarraBoy7 - for putting me onto Brian Readman.
Thegecko - for a post he did earlier this year about Jacks for beginners.
I got my first jack two days after studying that post. It went 48cm.

BrandonH - Tutelage in the art of catching bream on plastics.

NicoDr - For always being friendly, and sharing a few tips when we meet out on the water.

PinHead
18-12-2008, 05:36 PM
WAGS..needed another pair of hands on a couple of jobs to help get them finished before Xmas..thanks

roz
18-12-2008, 05:49 PM
OH!!!! Almost forgot to thank PINHEAD for allowing myself and the rodbuilding orphans to again invade his home for another excellent RBW.

Not to mention the emotional support with regard to my loss earlier this year... words can not express my gratitude.

His generosity and kindsness toward so many is well known and of course very much appreciated.

thankx again Greg.:)

breamnut
18-12-2008, 06:05 PM
i would like to thank leelee for puting his boat up for sale and allowing me to break my 7month drought without a boat (i never want to go there again and nobody deserves the pain i had to go though)

wayneoro
19-12-2008, 05:46 AM
FNQCairns has helped me solve so many boating problems . he is the ultimate ausfisher . thanks mate merry xmas:D

castlemaine
19-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Too many to thank ... every snippet, has increased my fishing prowess. Webby and Beastmaster for new fishing sites, methods and rigs that have led me to good fish.
To SOBA members for their interest and enthusiasm, in a civilised manner, to raise the real story to the general public.
Cheers and Merry Christmas ;D:)

dnej
19-12-2008, 09:42 AM
and who could forget Old boot,and Finga
David

BigE
19-12-2008, 02:09 PM
a Big thanks & merry and safe Xmass to all ausfishers!!! the VMR Guys get a special mention because they havent had to get to know me but it is good to know their there for us thanks guys.

Outsider skip gets a thanks for putting up with my shit and putting me on some fish(read alot of fish)
Webby for some bay tips that helped me pin a 10kg+ bay snappa (in the daytime no less)
Rocket & JayT for being mates when i was new to town
Rocket gets a second mention for the 15kg jew (my first jew and it gos 15kg you are special mate)
Cokeacola girl for the moral support when i was boat rebuilding

And to those who didn't agree with my views the same best wishes to you as well ( I'm not god and sometimes i'm not even right but i have a say anyway)

Merry Xmass All

jeffrey_h
20-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Of course big thanks to Ausfish, No. 1 site for anything boating.

Many people have helped thru out the last 2 years, thank-you.

The lastest and best would have to be JEFF ORR Marine. I had some backyard jerk 'fix' my vro, refused to give receipt and when it failed after only one run refused to fix it knowing I was going on fishing holidays, gave him 2 weeks of phone calls.

Rang Jeff, recommended off Ausfish, said he was fully booked out, asked what the problem was and realised my situation and said he would have it fixed by today. He just showed up with a fuel pump, took out the old leaking vro and had it fixed in an hour.

Thanks Jeff Orr Marine 0419 765 002

Jeffrey

ifishcq1
20-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Gary "Spaniard King" has given me help on a couple of areas and a few of the local guys give me plenty of pics but I think it is just as much the stuff you pick up by reading the forums and getting the wide cross section of opinions from the whole Ausfish community

Cheers
SL

DC
20-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I've been in 'Ausfish wilderness' for most of the year but I've got to give a big shout-out to finga (Scott) for his help earlier in the year, in addition to the countless number of times in years-gone.

I'll also give marty_z another plug for giving me the 'heads-up' come flatty season - we picked up a couple. Thanks to those guys and to everyone who has posted a report this year; while I don't reply to many threads, I love reading about what's biting and where. It keeps the fishing bug alive between fishing trips (13 weeks 0 days, and counting).

Merry Christmas,

Dane

SummerTrance
20-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks to you Leighton for your invaluble advice at the start of the year, and For Steve for offering to show me some spots around Mud Is. For Steve and I have been on numerous trips now and become mates. Congrats on your very recent addition to your family!

With the help of these two guys I went from being a soft plastics virgin, to a PB of 77cm snapper on plastics in 6 months.

Thanks again guys! and look forward to many more trips with Brad this coming year.

wags on the water
21-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Where to start.....

Steve Brown for a very informative website.
Scott (Finga) for the fingamajigs and his help throughout the year.
Timiboy for countless fishing expeditions.
Roz for providing me with a great location for my R&R days towards the end of the year.
Jez and Suzy for allowing me the use of their boat after I had to sell mine.
Murf for ....moonshine.....
Rhys for his guidance through some troubled times.
And to Greg for allowing Santa to pay my xmas bills...and for the surf rod. Greg, if you're in need for extra help through the new year just give me a bell and if I'm in town I'll help you out.

These are just some of the many members I how met through this great site.
Thanks to all members for providing very useful information year round.

Regards,

Wags

jake0
21-12-2008, 03:16 PM
i would like to thank Daza ( Wahoo ) first ausfisher i have met, he did a bit of work on my boat, this guy is a true gentleman, looking forward for the fishing trip

AR

Dean1
04-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks to Wadeo for the floatling tips he has taught me.. Sid Fishes for the sexy launcher, Frank and Barry as well and everybody on here who has lead me in the right direction. Looking forward to an inspiring 2009. Cheers and Happy New Year!!

sandbankmagnet
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I've never met anyone as willing to give up information about their spots and techniques as Robersl. Thanks Shane. Kind of makes up for running over my dilly that day. ;D

Noelm
08-01-2009, 07:31 AM
I guess I would like to thank everyone who disagreed with me on a dozen or more of my "whinging" sessions, and took anything I said in the manner it was intended, I guess a site like this can make some great friends, a couple of good sparring partners and a gold mine of info for those that care to sift through the crap that is sometimes posted.

snagking
08-01-2009, 08:49 AM
I would like to thank Damned67 (my dad) who has taken my on practically every fishing trip we've been on(hasn't taken me on a charter yet :(), and showed me how to use lures, along with driveing me to and from the fishing spots, along with buy almost all the bait and lures, and even taken me on camping fishing trips in state and national parks :D

And A big thanks to all of the many people that have given me advice on all manner of fishing things

84mick
08-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I like to thank Peterm! You took me under your wing when I first started fishing the sunny coast! Thanks mate!
Youngy, your an endless supply of information and helped me catch me first jack, thanks mate!
Yourself Leighton, Pistol_P, Childers and Pommy have all helped me out, Cheers guys!

Mick. ;)

reidy
08-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Every member of Ausfish,the good, the bad and in my case the ugly.
It's everybodys imput that makes this site such good value.
All the best for the new year and stay safe out there.
Cheers
Reidy

reidy
08-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Every member of Ausfish,the good, the bad and in my case the ugly.
It's everybodys imput that makes this site such good value.
All the best for the new year and stay safe out there.:)
Cheers
Reidy

reidy
08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
sorry about the double post
Question how do i remove it aaggghhhh

Tassie JR
08-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Well i have to say Frank OO for teaching me how to use soft plastics the right way, well thats the only person i can remember but there is a whole bunch more on this site that have gave me some great information, so thanks every one.;)

cheers tassie JR

Fishbait
08-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks to:

Steve B - for showing me and my family the ropes up at Lake Monduran Dam - and catching our first big meter Barra
Frank 00 - for showing me soft plastics and my first huge AmberJack
Reel Scream - for introducing me to other AusFishers, and catching Cobia
Shance C - for showing me and my brother a great time at Deep Tempest and o/night at Tanga's - a nice esky of snapper
Tassie - for giving me a ripper time out at Wide Caloundra for some pearlies
AusFish - for a great site !!!

Cheers, Darren.

Poodroo
09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I guess it is time for me to say something. I have to be very thankful first of all for Scalem for being a great fishing companion and sharing his knowledge with me not only during my time on Ausfish but also for my entire live. Growing up like minded all of our lives has led to some awesome catches over the years.

Secondly to Frank OO for being my mentor for my entire life. What he doesn't know about fishing is simply not worth knowing.

To Whynott I thank you for being a first class deckie. Whilst you have not really helped me catch anymore fish you have done the next best thing. You helped me to laugh during our fishing exploits. The comraderie is second to none.

Lucky Phill has been a great leader and good friend so I thank you for all your efforts that you have put in over the years. Great memories.

There are lots more on here worthy of a mention but I need to keep this to just one page.

Poodroo

tailorboi99
09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
So many to name but I will try -
Keechie - True mate, gone on lots of trips
Marty+Jojo - Helping me out a few times
Imnotoriginaly - For all the hints and tips
Iceknight - For all the hints and tips
NicoDr - Lots of hints and tips
Chief - Help with lure ranges, spots etc and very kind guy
Didley - Info on jacks, he's the jack master
Fishbait - Encouragement
Alleycat - Helping me out with local knowledge
Juzo - Helping me out with local knowledge

The list goes on and on, sorry if I didn't mention you I can't be bothered typing more :(

Tom

Why-ting
10-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Martys a jack magnet, he put me onto my first one a few years back. From what I hear, anyone can catch a jack when theyre in the boat with marty, except for marty:-X , who selflessly lets everyone else get em.

Andrew

Id have to agree with you Andrew. Last time i took Marty for a jack fish he selflessly let me catch 3 jacks while he took home a big donut;D Thanks Marty.

Big Richie boy would have to be at the top of my people to thank. Got me up to Darwin put me up for the week, treated me like a king, put me onto the fish and even let me catch the most fish;) A big cheers to ya mate for makin a Brissy boys top end tour so enjoyable.

Cheers Whytey