PDA

View Full Version : Some mothers do have em

mangomick
15-12-2008, 01:34 PM
It’s funny how the holiday season brings the idiots out of the wood work, and on to the water.
We came across five young blokes on Temple Island at Cape Palmerston on the week-end.
Boat got completely submerged when they went off and left boat poorly anchored.
They had one life jacket luckily and by waving that it was just enough to attract our attention.
They weren’t carrying any paddles, bailing buckets, flares,radio or V sheet. Mobile phones don’t get real good reception in the area.
The only bucket was a viewing bucket which was a 20 litre bucket with a clear perspex glued in the arse. It arse fell out as soon as they started to use it.
Cape Palmerston is an area of the central Queensland coast where the high tides can reach 6 metres. This week-end they were over 6.2 metres. You can imagine the run in the water.
When we got there they looked like they were trying to push a boat full of water up the beach so they could drain it,with no chance at all. They really didn’t have a clue
I got them to tip the water out of the boat sideways turn the nose out to sea and then bail out the rest.
I guess they could have sat under a tree for a few hours till the tide dropped then pull the bungs out.
We towed them back to the mainland to their 4WD and trailer and hoped they just learnt a few lessons in common sense.
Unfortunately I doubt it.
I hope when your kids go out with their mates for a week-end away they have enough sense to carry and stow their safety gear properly and think about the consequences of their actions.
But then thinking back to when I was younger ;D

ifishcq1
15-12-2008, 02:12 PM
They are everywhere Mick

but Cape Palmerston has 1 lot every weekend one of the blokes at work goes up there most days off
he reckons he takes extra first aid and towing gear and if he charged a carton each time they were used he would have a pub

the odd time you get the place to yourself makes it all worth while

did you take the pots or just fishing gear?

Cheers
SL

mangomick
15-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Just fished around Temple island. The young bloke had fished down at the point before and we thoght they may have been a few mackies around the island. The place was chockablock with small bait fish but no mackeral. its bloody shark central up there. A mate told me he used to get good trout and sweetlip about 200 metres off the beach butI'm buggered if we did. He tells me now he meant off the point so we should have camped down at windmill bay.
I tell you what though, those marsh flies show no mercy up there:'(

We fished all around Temple but only sharks and one small grassie and wirenetting cod

Greg P
15-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Yep - Xmas holidays sure brings them out. I had a classic yesterday at Spinnaker Sound ramp - I had driven the boat up on the trailer and still had the engine in gear to keep it in position while I jumped off the bow to fix the safety chain. I jumped back up in the boat only to see the guy on the ramp next to me pushing his boat out while holding the bow line. He then proceeded to walk around the back of my boat about 30cm away from my prop - I politely gave him a gob full and asked him to wait till I had turned the engine off. :o:o:o:o8-)8-) He couldn't wait that long and just kept going :'(

Luc
16-12-2008, 06:22 AM
At this time of year it's a must to have a video camera anytime you're near a boat ramp.

I'm sure we'll hear a few more 'golden' moments over the next few weeks.

Luc

Chris Ryan
16-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I reckon we could have a boaties funniest videos Luc. Besides cringing with disbelief at the idiots, it would be a good belly laugh too.

trueblue
16-12-2008, 09:26 AM
certainly is a lot of clowns around at the moment