PDA

View Full Version : Springwood Marine

Katcaddy
14-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Guys, i thought i would give you an update before the rumor mongers get out of control, we have closed our Gold Coast Four Winns Store, with the state of the economy and the low Aussie dollar it is not viable to bring boats in from the US at the moment so we have decided to focus more on our Aussie built boats Signature and Quintrex at our Springwood Store which is probably what we should have been doing anyway. We would appreciate your support in this very trying time, i am sure you all have seen how tough it is out there with businesses closing down all over the place so it is extremly important that you support the locals. Let me know if we can be of any help with any of your boating needs
Gary Brenchley:D

lippa
14-12-2008, 09:03 PM
lovely peice of advertising there gary, and good to see you have business sense.
if ya throw a few bob mr ausfish's way, youll get a very special black nicname, and the ability to advertise ya arse off on these forums. considering 90% of members are in the se corner, be bucks well spent!!!!!!!

merry christmas

lippa

Mindi
15-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi Guys, i thought i would give you an update before the rumor mongers get out of control, we have closed our Gold Coast Four Winns Store, with the state of the economy and the low Aussie dollar it is not viable to bring boats in from the US at the moment so we have decided to focus more on our Aussie built boats Signature and Quintrex at our Springwood Store which is probably what we should have been doing anyway. We would appreciate your support in this very trying time, i am sure you all have seen how tough it is out there with businesses closing down all over the place so it is extremly important that you support the locals. Let me know if we can be of any help with any of your boating needs
Gary Brenchley:D

Rumour mongers being anyone with an opinion other than yours I presume Gary..?...if it comes from you then it is to be trusted, but not from anyone else. Thats how your sanctimonious advertisment reads to me. So the people who alerted members to the imminent closure of several boat yards during 2008 (in one case allowing my neighbour to retrieve his $30,000 boat from consignment just before the gates were locked) were "rumour mongers".....we think they were great and thanks to them. Have a happy christmas Gary.

Luxyboy
15-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Let me know if we can be of any help with any of your boating needs

Reduce the Blue secondhand Signature 580F by about 30K :)
Beautiful looking toy ;)

TimiBoy
15-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Rumour mongers being anyone with an opinion other than yours I presume Gary..?...if it comes from you then it is to be trusted, but not from anyone else. Thats how your sanctimonious advertisment reads to me. So the people who alerted members to the imminent closure of several boat yards during 2008 (in one case allowing my neighbour to retrieve his $30,000 boat from consignment just before the gates were locked) were "rumour mongers".....we think they were great and thanks to them. Have a happy christmas Gary.

WOW Mindi! Bit harsh?

Cheers (I think!);D;D;D

Tim

Noelm
15-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Jesus, I hope he doesn't mention E-tec!

dnej
15-12-2008, 10:30 AM
E tec.... did someone say E tec

the gecko
15-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Good on you gary for telling us. The rumour mill can certainly get out of control. I know springwood marine has always supported ausfishers.

Id like to apolagise for the rabble that jump the gun without facts, and cause dealers problems. theres nothing more dangerous than a well meaning boaty with one hand on a beer, and the other on a keyboard.

I know of 2 dealers that have received personal injury threats over the phone in relation to ausfish posts a few years ago. In both cases the dealers were in the right, but hadnt put their point of view across on aufish. It made me ashamed of my ausfish stickers on my boat. Its not good enough.

Good luck with your new business direction.

FNQCairns
15-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Good on you gary for telling us. The rumour mill can certainly get out of control. I know springwood marine has always supported ausfishers.

Id like to apolagise for the rabble that jump the gun without facts, and cause dealers problems. theres nothing more dangerous than a well meaning boaty with one hand on a beer, and the other on a keyboard.

I know of 2 dealers that have received personal injury threats over the phone in relation to ausfish posts a few years ago. In both cases the dealers were in the right, but hadnt put their point of view across on aufish. It made me ashamed of my ausfish stickers on my boat. Its not good enough.

Good luck with your new business direction.

I find it hard to believe in this day and age (not saying your lying obviously), today grimace out a car window and you are a road rage-er, ring up unsolicited and you are a stalker, take a photo in a family place and you are a ...... the amount of times I have heard the 'threat line' used or related as leverage, well I wish I had a dollar, it's simply too easy today under a society that doesn't give a crap about anything but the money and one-upmanship within a lack of personal quality so acceptably displayed.

IMO what you wrote above is not really something most would put over in broad conversation as opposed to who it was probably aimed at.... expressly private conversation and all that entails.

cheers fnq

Mindi
15-12-2008, 02:05 PM
WOW Mindi! Bit harsh?

Cheers (I think!);D;D;D

Tim

Yes it was indeed a bit harsh, I react poorly to people who try to control the agenda or silence commentary. I thought the guy who originally said he had heard Springwood was closing was bullied when all that was required was a polite explanation that it was in fact "not the case". He was entitled to a presumption of good faith in my view.
However I was rude to Gary earlier and I apologise.

TimiBoy
15-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Aw Geez, I'm starting to feel all warm and smooshy!!!

Cheers,

Tim

FNQCairns
15-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Aw Geez, I'm starting to feel all warm and smooshy!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Mate it's just the season, it sneaks up on a person....need to fight it;D

cheers fnq

levinge
15-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Never, Bah Humbug I say, I'll be happy when I can go to the shops and not trip over small grunting things they call children...Get em all back to school quick smart.

Lure cast and waiting for the elusive bite!!!!!

1lastcast
15-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I do not make a habit of flying flags for businesses but i would like every body know that gary has been a great help sponsering tournaments including one this year that i know of .
Donating some great prizes that go to fisho`s , tournaments do not run without sponsers and i for one have thanked him this year with the purchase of a new outboard .
I would encourage everyone to support a business that supports our sport not just sells the stuff .
One good turn deserves another doesnt it ?

Thats my say
Regards MONOSTRETCHO

disorderly
15-12-2008, 05:52 PM
i for one have thanked him this year with the purchase of a new outboard .

Thats my say
Regards MONOSTRETCHO

But wasn't that a 4 stroke M/S....
I'd actually be calling that purchase a charitable donation and you really should feel good about it...::);D...

PinHead
15-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Reduce the Blue secondhand Signature 580F by about 30K :)
Beautiful looking toy ;)

is that the one that started at about 54k..then went to about 57k then to about 62k then back down a bit again? The one with the mark in the gel coast down one side?

I have heard a bit about that boat.

levinge
15-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey Dis, not everyone has the beer goggles on when they go to buy a donk. That lack of balance from beer affected sight, saw you teeter over to the evinrude shop when we all know you actually wanted to buy a 4 Stroke. Come Clean, come out of the cupbaord TIC

levinge
15-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey Pinhead, don't they call that "Character"

whichway
15-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Gee

Tough world out there in boat dealer land. Up goes the dollar and its see you later Aussie boat builders we'll import them from countries using cheap labour (eg USA). Down goes the dollar and its back to the Aussie builders with open arms. Hope the aussie builders kept paying their staff when the dealers were importing boats so that there's someone to build the boats over here still (ignore Haines Marine Industries or whatever their called who got in on the act by importing boats themselves) .

I feel a bit sorry for the Aussie manufacturers, they go from competition with imports to the middle of a big recession when its going to be hard to sell any type of new boat.

Hopefully I'm wrong - I have no real insight into the industry, but I do have a right to my perhaps mistaken view.

Rant finishes now

Whichway

mik01
15-12-2008, 07:37 PM

yep - wasn't too long ago that Gary threatened LEGAL ACTION against a member for stating the obvious - that a yard was closing its doors and all wasn't rosy at SM.

So now we find out that TCM was right after all....::)

egg... face.... anyone?

Luxyboy
15-12-2008, 08:09 PM
is that the one that started at about 54k..then went to about 57k then to about 62k then back down a bit again? The one with the mark in the gel coast down one side?

I have heard a bit about that boat.

Didn't see a mark down the side, as the wife was trying to drag me by my ankles to get away from it.
It is this one:
http://www.springwoodmarine.com.au/used-boat.php?used_listing_id=642

EDIT: can see the mark in the picture ::) probably why they had it boxed in on that side ::)

Tangles
15-12-2008, 10:41 PM
yep thats the one, to be fair it started at 57k, then 59k then 62k then back to 60k all in 2 days...

had a deposit on it, well i think i did ?, but thats another story

ps, nice boat with a lot of fruit but suggest you have a hard look at it, right side.

think ill buy new, but just love how the old mystery keen buyer is always out there lurking lol,,,, maybe one day ill meet him.

PinHead
16-12-2008, 05:37 AM
yep - wasn't too long ago that Gary threatened LEGAL ACTION against a member for stating the obvious - that a yard was closing its doors and all wasn't rosy at SM.

So now we find out that TCM was right after all....::)

egg... face.... anyone?

there is a big difference to a business making a decision to close a yard than a business "about to fall over" as per that member's post.

disorderly
16-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey Dis, not everyone has the beer goggles on when they go to buy a donk. That lack of balance from beer affected sight, saw you teeter over to the evinrude shop when we all know you actually wanted to buy a 4 Stroke. Come Clean, come out of the cupbaord TIC....but then again I really,really wanted an E-tec too but unfortunately ended up with an overpriced silver anchor...silly me :'(

Yeah I know mate but you can always dream...::):P;D

mik01
16-12-2008, 09:52 AM
there is a big difference to a business making a decision to close a yard than a business "about to fall over" as per that member's post.

yes there is a big difference between those assessments I grant you, however only time will tell if he was correct in the long run.

have people lost jobs? was it a simple 'oh well we'll close this yard for a bit, and nobody gets hurt' scenario?

The advice, whilst not 100% correct, WAS 'on the money'. I guess we don't know the financial situation of the business so we can't comment whether the member was correct in his assessment of 'about to fall over'.

I'm just making a point that he was threatened and bullied into retracting his comments, yet a month later his 'defamatory' comments appear to have merit...

ps - I hope SM remains open for business as I don't wish ill on anyone in the current economic climate.

levinge
16-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice editing there Dis but alas I like my silver rocket. she's performing really well and hasn't skipped a beat yet, into the 90's on the hour meter and not even 6 months old yet... Can't complain about the economy either, 140klm round trips and using less than 70 litres of juice

FNQCairns
16-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice editing there Dis but alas I like my silver rocket. she's performing really well and hasn't skipped a beat yet, into the 90's on the hour meter and not even 6 months old yet... Can't complain about the economy either, 140klm round trips and using less than 70 litres of juice

hey levinge are those numbers correct? I have a lighter boat than you by a hundred or two possibly 3 all full up but more or less the same length and I did a solid 156km for 82L of fuel on the weekend, it's an old smoky 90 Yamaha. Should you be getting better than what you wrote?? or are you confident in them?

Always looking to make sense of new tech fuel economy as so far reports and claims vary so very wildly.

cheers fnq

levinge
16-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Those are very rough figures as I dont run a fuel monitoring system, just what I top up on when I put in the water, distance out to the spot I fish is about 40NM and we trolled for about 4 hours so I suppose the figures might be a little cloudy. The funny thing is the fuel guage barely moves off full after the trip of 40nm out.

All the trips out also have been into about 10kts SE'ly winds so right into the teeth of it. Can't wait for perfect weather so I can see what she does then. Maybe in January up at Mission Beach...

TheRealAndy
16-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I get the feeling that Katcaddy just posts and does not read. If he does I went to springwood marine and got fobbed off by a salesman. Will never go back again, cause thats the way I do business. Snooze you lose, I take my business elsewhere after one bad experience.