PDA

View Full Version : weather burrum heads

lippa
14-12-2008, 01:01 PM
just wondering what weather websites people use for burrm heads.
i notice on seabreeze, hervey bay seems to fall under sunshine coats.
bom alway hit and miss!.

cheers

lippa

wayneoro
14-12-2008, 03:27 PM
u r right sunshine seems more like it . right now 10kts 36deg . bom forcast frasier is harvey bay and bundaberg work from that cheers ps there is no fish in this area

the gecko
15-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Yup, same for me. Since Ive moved up this way a few months ago, Ive had to work it out myself. I use seabreeze for sunshine coast, and check BOM forecast for Hervey Bay and Bundaberg. Then I check BOM observations for Hervey Bay, and maybe Brownies coastwatch for a 4 day chart. Then I stick my head out the window and make a decision.

I find these sites plus your own judgement are just as good as the info I was using for gold coast calls.

Roos right, fishing has been poor up here lately.

cheers
Andrew

lippa
15-12-2008, 05:06 PM
hopefully the fishing improves, i plan to fish the southern and northern gutters.
ant reports on these areas fellas?

the gecko
17-12-2008, 01:47 PM
I fished it monday nite from the northern gutter back to walkers point and the gregory. Got 2 large stingrays, 1 catty, and an undersized cod. Its been that way for a while. Im thinking that I'll have to try 8 mile reef next.

Andrew

garman1
01-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Try www.weatherzone.com.au (http://www.weatherzone.com.au) you can put in your postcode and the site will give you a choice of the nearest weather stations.

If your wanting tide times for your local area try www.tide-times.com.au (http://www.tide-times.com.au) , again put in your post code or area, if it is not available, email them the spot and they will work it out and then post it on the site for you.

I submitted "deepwater bend" for the area I am interested in and within two weeks it was on their site. It displays a clock face with high tide mark at 12 oclock, low tide at 6 oclock and then hours till the next high/low tide etc plus other useful information.

Hope this may be of some use for you.....................................

griz066
04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Mate just cameback and said the Gar are on the chew up the river they got 60 one day. Muddys are about but not too full. Prawns are a bit scarce