13-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Which Bunya creek.

shorty 01
13-12-2008, 07:06 PM
myles

its about 15 min away from albany creek and it joins on to the pine river

Luc
13-12-2008, 08:59 PM
You sure you're not referring to Cedar Creek?
It's the first creek that joins the South Pine upstream of Albany Creek.

As far as I know, there is no Bunya Creek that joins the South Pine River.

Yellowbelly very unlikely, bass are a possibility.

First you need to find any likely places like deep holes etc.

A good map and some legwork (or paddle work) are the only way to find out for sure.

Luc

Bearclaw
14-12-2008, 12:00 AM
You sure you're not referring to Cedar Creek?

I thought the same Luc? if it is Cedar Creek bass are there if you know where to look specially now we have constant water running in the creek, which has been missing since 2000. I have personally watched bass moving back up stream. Soon the mullet will start to make their presence again.

Myles

Luc
14-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi Myles,

It's great to have running water in the creeks feeding both Pine rivers.

In my younger days;D , along with a few mates we often went kayaking down the South Pine when it had a few feet of water running in it.

We used to start well above Samford and go all the way to Albany Creek.
There used to be some magic stretches in the river.
Unfortunately, since those times, the South Pine especially has suffered badly from erosion and development.:-[

Still if you're prepared to put in the effort, there are still some great spots in there.

Luc

Bearclaw
14-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Shorty to answer your question yes there are bass up Cedar Creek, if that is the Bunya creek you know. Not sure about the lower sections but there are some pools that have good numbers. Yella's I don't think would survive as I understand that they don't survive below the pumping weir below NPD.

Luc, above Samford now that would have been great, need a chainsaw now to get past the weeds and lantanna. Then you would need a dredge just to get a Yak down.

Gordie
14-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Remember leaning on that bridge near the Samford Bowls club early one morning watching the Platapus play in the water below.

It was sad to see the way that weeded up in the years that followed.

Regards Gordon