PDA

View Full Version : 1st Tinaroo trip Feb 2009

Marc350
10-12-2008, 11:49 AM
G'day all
My name is Marc, I live in Perth and I've been lurking around this site for 3 or 4 weeks sponging up heaps of details about impoundment Barramundi fishing and decided it was about time to subscribe and pay up.

Firstly thank you all for the great info on here, you sound like a bunch of top blokes (on the most part) willing to share in the knowledge, stories and pictures of IBD - (a disorder which seems to be becoming more common day by day and one of which I soon WILL become inflicted with no doubt!) and always having a laugh.

My girlfriend and I are hiring a houseboat on Lake Tinaroo at the end of February and have started to amass some fighting gear in readiness. Spending heaps of $$$'s. Been spending many a late night with Ausfish and a beer or 4 in front of me and finding it hard to sleep. Can't wait to get on the plane! The addiction is starting to set in and I'm not even on the water yet!;D

We've never been Barra fishing so thought about trying to get a guide for the first day of our week up there. Do you think this would be the best plan of attack? Any recommendations?

We're probably lessening our chances of catching big Barra being that we'll be fishing out of a houseboat and might not be able to get into certain spots :( but will give it a good crack anyway. Might have to try trolling! ::) Is there dinghy hire on the lake? Might be an idea to get out in something smaller for a couple of days here and there!

Feel free to PM/Email me with any ideas or info or your experience if you've been out with a guide on Tinaroo.

Regards
Marc

Pete62
10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the circus Marc, I know nothing about Tinaroo and not much more about catching Barra but having done a trip to Monduran I found the information and tips from a guide to be very helpful.

Good luck on your trip, we look forward to seeing a report on your return.

BTW put a post up b4 u go, u may find other AF members r going to be there at the same time.

Cheers, Pete.

BR65
10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Sorry mate, dont know Tinaroo at all, blokes like Matt (Barraboss) and Theo (Tinaroo Triumph) are local to the dam, and pull some big girls on a regular basis. If you duck back thru the freshwater reports section, and look for their threads, it would be a good start.
Thats what I did when I first started impoundment bara fishing, trolled the pages looking for reports and info from trips by others around the same time I was heading up, even if it was a year old it was all good background.
Welcome to IBD, good luck on your trip
cheers
brian

NAGG
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome to IBD Marc

You'll enjoy Tinaroo ....... Its an amazing impoundment.

Hopefully Matt , Wheezer & Theo can give you the heads up ...... they fish Tinaroo on a weekly basis

Chris

TinarooTriumph
10-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks boys. Good onya's

Marc - PM sent mate.

Theo

Barraboss
13-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Marc,

There's no fish at Tinaroo, you should fish the southern dams;D 8-) ;D 8-)

Nah, only joking.

I have sent you a PM and will no doubt be writing some upcoming reports regarding Tinaroo.

I have just had some detox time from fishing the ABT so will be back on board shortly and will add some more info to some reports and threads

Cheers
Matt