PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for a yak

nufin_flash
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey guys

quick question regarding insurance for your yak in particular while in transport for any damage or theft.

ie - yak falling off roof rack while going round a bend , or dropping yak while taking it off the roof

i know some home and contents policy you can add your yak but the amounts they insure is very limited and the subject is very grey if they would cover accidental damage.

i currently have a hobie outback so looking to put some sort of protection, any ideas where to start looking , anyone have insurance for their yak ???

PinHead
10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
no insurance on mine..worth about 3k so I figure if anything does happen I will have to replace it myself.

Awesome
10-12-2008, 04:54 PM
My Suncorp Platinum house insurance said they will only cover my yak if stolen if it is locked inside the vehicle or in a fully enclosed box on the vehicle.....GO FIGURE
IT"S ONLY 4 METRES LONG

Scott nthQld
13-12-2008, 10:57 AM
check your car insurance policy, and maybe think of upgrading it. Your car insurance usually cover for loss or damage for things towed behind the vehicle or tied down. Not sure if it covers the damage to those items of just the damaged caused, but worth investigating, it only takes a phone call.

Either that or you could investigate some type of boat insurance, it is a vessel after all.

nufin_flash
15-12-2008, 11:17 AM
na no good i work in that industry, most will have personal effects cover if items are damaged but only upto a set amount $500 is the biggest i have seen,

imnotoriginal
17-12-2008, 06:43 PM
na no good i work in that industry, most will have personal effects cover if items are damaged but only upto a set amount $500 is the biggest i have seen,

That's not going to cover a hobie:P
Joel

jaredluke
18-12-2008, 08:23 PM
What about insurance that deals with a small boat, tinnie in particular?