PDA

View Full Version : kurwongbah

allthumbs
09-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Just wondering if anyone has details regarding a carp day at kurwongbah. If it has been and gone etc.

Little grey men
10-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Few tilapia days here and there mate. Haven't heard of any carp days.
Kurwongbah 's problem is these mongrel mouth brooders, not sure what the carp population is like in there.
The latest tilapia cleanup is just an informal thing with a few like minded fisho's getting together.
Perhaps some other members here have more info.

allthumbs
10-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you for replying, LGM.When is your next informal cleanup happening? I have my kids at home with me for the school hols and the eldest one loves anything to do with fishin.

rayken1938
10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Will be an informal get together on Sunday 21St December from 8am till aprox 2pm at Mick Hanfling park, Corner of Torrens and beehive Roads Petrie. We were going to have a comp to raise funds for local stocking group and get rid of some tilapia but SEQ water required us to have indeminity insurance so we had to cancell and are just going to have a bit of a fish and a BYO sausages barby.
The area is looking really good with the dam full and plenty of area for the kids to run around in.
Cheers
Ray

Cammy
10-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Thnx for that info rayken, i'll try and make it this time it will be my top priority!

Also is worms still the gun bait?? or what els would be good?

Cam

rayken1938
11-12-2008, 06:54 AM
worms or small bits of raw prawn. ( Not imported)
Cheers
Ray