PDA

View Full Version : Good weekend on the Jacks

Pete62
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I knew this particular snag had jacks on it, I had been busted up a few times in the past so with an early finish on Friday i had good tides for catching livies( u QLD's have it good being able to use cast nets) and a mate who needed some counselling after a major client went ass up owing him a heap, we hit the creek about 5pm.
My mate was not fishing, he was happy to sit and pour Cononas down his guts and cuss his bad fortune so it was up to me to keep a livie swimming into the snag.
After a couple of missed strikes the anticipation was high, my buddy now had a beer in one hand and the landing net in the other, just on dark we got one to stick.

He went very nicely with ginger, garlic, soy and shallots, steamed in foil, Mmm.

Yesterday, I had to have another shot, so after doing all my chores like a good hubby and taking the kids to Surf Lifesaving I cut myself loose.

Same snag, instant reaction, 2 missed strikes then another fish from exactly the same spot in the snag. The leader was badly scuffed so I swapped to my backup rig and plopped another livie into the honey hole, bugga me these things must have been piled up one on top of the other in there.
Anyhoo that's it for me, got a good feed so it's C&R for a while now and I can relax a bit cause I was getting tired of not getting a result. The most frustrating of fish when u know they r there but they just won't strike.
Cheers, Pete

Peter4
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Good work Pete.....some nice jacks there.

Can't wait to see you back in God's country for another crack at the barra!

Cheers

Pete

Pete62
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks Pete, your report got me all fired up. Looking like Feb for my next run then again for the Muster.

I will amuse myself on the Jacks in the interim.

Cheer's Pete.

BLOOEY
08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Nice Jack spot you have there. Well done on nailing a few beautys. An over 50 in there too top stuff. Ben

abbot_86
08-12-2008, 07:17 PM
cracka jacks mate well done

Dorado
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
some real nice Jacks there mate and I bet they were great eating too!

Cheers,

mylestom
11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Pete,

Well done, nice jacks there, some great territory around here that for sure.

Regards

Trev