PDA

View Full Version : bribie passage undate please

lifestyle
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Just wondering what the water quality has been like at the southern end of the passage from donnybrook to the bridge. has there been much debri in the water. And with the forecast looking crappy, how busy do you think spinnaker sounds boat ramp will be in the morning at about 6.30am , do you think parking will be a drama.
Thanks Shane

Fishbait
06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
It looks nice in the mornings anyway before the wind picks up in the arvo's and the storms start to appear. If its not blowin, try the ramp near the Mark's bait shop at Spinakker there, always a park in there. Its also a dual lane concrete ramp. I can't get out this weekend but I'll keep an eye on any of your future posts to see how you go. Good luck. Cheers, Darren.

lifestyle
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I will put up a post for you all once the boat is washed and put away tomorrow arvo. I will have a few pots out so might get a crab or two hopefully.

Tailortaker
06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I was out on wednesday and the water was ok, there was just a little bit of weed.
Cheers TT

flatzie
06-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I was out there on Thursday, mainland side was alot of sludgy weed getting on my Sps, but on the island side and in middle area like the Avon wreck, pretty clean. I put in on the opposite side near the Marina. Been some big storms go across Thurs, Fri and today so not sure what the water will be like. I found it seems to mess with bream but the flatties are still always there
Hope you get some
Flatzie

Freeeedom
06-12-2008, 07:43 PM
I was up there on Monday - launched about 5.00 a.m. There were only about three other trailers in the car park at that time, but I guess it will be busier on a sunday. The water quality is pretty good but there is quite a bit of weed about which is catching on the crab pots. It's mostly the larger types of weed (not the snot weed - thankfully) but your pots will get a fair covering of it in just a couple of hours of they're placed anywhere where there is a reasonable tidal run. There are a few sandcrabs on the move - I got 11 keepers in about 6 hours. There were some nice whiting on the banks on the rising tide and a couple of decent bream as well, all caught on yabbies
Cheers Freeeedom

robersl
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
donnybrook plenty of sand crabs and clean water just a bit of grass on the surface in places

shane