PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Coast 13 8 2

JustOneMore
06-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Hit the sunny coast friday with a game plan to find the fish. SP's didn't work close in, so we started trolling for mac's. That didn't work out either. We travelled out to a mark i found and have been using for live bait to troll up a marlin.

Our plan paid off straight up with 4 shots in the first 30mins. They seemed to be all around this area with constant strikes on the lures. Only prolem was we couldn't get them to stick. Called out to Clint over the phone to get out here. We keep trolling and the scores are at 8 5 0 when he arrives. Not 20mins after arriving, he's onto a nice black tailwalking behind his boat, he stays connected and lands his first marlin. Tinny bastard!!!

At this point we start thinking about what we're doing wrong? Tactic's are changed slighting just as the bite slows but we keep getting strikes, hook up's but not keeping them on the line. North-easter gets stronger and we work our way back. About to pull in lines we have a strike and drop on short rigger, then a hook up on short corner and a marlin goes aerial at the back of the boat. A little bit of panic, shaking knee's and a good fight we get hold of the leader, and the fish jumps a couple of times next to the boat followed by a dive under the boat. I'm hanging over the side with the rod in the water as dan reverses the boat hard. Next attempt and we have his bill in hand and the hook is released. Photo's, high fives, back slapping and a beer ensued.

Lines weren't pulled in but put back out as we continued home. Scored a hoo on long corner to finish the day 13 8 2. A long day with a lot of lessons learn't, and can't wait to get some more.

oddbudman
06-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Nice work boys! Have a beer and a few more for me.

Experience is something you get after you most need it. Good to see you've got the runs on the board now. Sounds like top action with so many hits.

Jeez I'm jealous.

oddbudman

Silent
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Mission accomplished... finally it took you bloody long time to nag your first black
Well done!

iceknight
06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
nice fish boys, were the marlin far out?

skipalong
06-12-2008, 08:16 PM
nice efforts they must have been thick or holding some great bait well done

cheers justin

captain rednut
06-12-2008, 09:23 PM
hi jom well done it appears to be a good pelagic season this year and i hope the billies hang around for a while to make up for the last couple of seasons.
cheers jim

bluefin59
07-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Got a call in the morning yesterday from the goldie a mate of mine got3 blacks in 50mt of water ne of the seaway ,apparently their is a distinct colour difference in the water out there at the moment .work always seems to get in the way of fishing and great photos guys looks like a great day on the water...matt

megalongzilli
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks again for a top day mate. Next time we'll increase those hookups! All in all a good learning experience.

twist
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Great work Mate,
You said you were due, you will have to tell me more when we speak next. What a day!

Clint06
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the call Damo! Still cant believe you managed to lose so many ::)

Cant wait to get back out and get another one!