PDA

View Full Version : First Spaniard Of Season Off Jet Ski.

seapup
05-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Went for a quick troll before work this morning for an hour. ;D Was towing lures as I had to make it a quick fish. Caught this little fella first up, then hooked up again and dropped a bigger Spaniard near back of ski after a 10 minute fight. Then had 1 more hit on troll home but by time I grabbed rod the fish had gone but left some nice teeth marks in my new lure. Nice morning on the water! 8-)

Te Whiti
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Well done Ben,

so 3 hits (maybe all Spainish?) within an hour.

Thats a pretty productive session, sounds like they're now starting to turn up.

How cheap is the session as well!, jetski fuel and no bait....

Mark

seapup
05-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks Mark. Its quick and easy on the ski to get out for a quick session before work compared to putting the boat in water then cleaning her down etc. I reckon the other 2 fish were Spaniards for sure.
Cheers,
Benny.

Well done Ben,

so 3 hits (maybe all Spainish?) within an hour.

Thats a pretty productive session, sounds like they're now starting to turn up.

How cheap is the session as well!, jetski fuel and no bait....

Mark

Pistol_P
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Nice Benny,

Thats the same size we got the other morning.
Plenty of rat spannies around....good sign.

Pete

WestOzDesertFisher
05-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice! i've allways wanted to fish off my ski. Might give it a go very soon.

How were you trolling? Have you made up holders for the ski?

seapup
05-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Mounted 2 rod holders on the grab section on back both on angles pointing out each side so i can troll 2 lures. One deep diver and the other bibless. I mount my esky on duckboard on back to put fish in and take donger and gaff along. Its good fun have caught some good fish off it over the years. 8-)

Nice! i've allways wanted to fish off my ski. Might give it a go very soon.

How were you trolling? Have you made up holders for the ski?

lido76
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Nice going benny,I have finished my bathroom renos now so I can get out myself. Cant wait havent caught a fish since the 28th august few billies starting to show up so I might try my luck on one of these. CHEERS MATE LIDO......

seapup
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Lido you big mongrel let me know if you come up my way for a fish ;) We could chase some Spaniards...

Nice going benny,I have finished my bathroom renos now so I can get out myself. Cant wait havent caught a fish since the 28th august few billies starting to show up so I might try my luck on one of these. CHEERS MATE LIDO......

skipalong
05-12-2008, 07:53 PM
nice work benny, looking good will be up there in a few weeks for 3 weeks going to give the mackerel a run over the christmas break, hopefully better than last with that non stop rain,

should try and catch up with a few of you guys over the break put some names to faces,

cheers justin

capt
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice ski there S P...........do you do tow in with her ?

Jimmy

Wax_head
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
G'day, where about's were you trolling today. I was out off of Mooloolaba and saw plenty of tuna but no macs. Trolled for about an hour using RMG's to about 5mtrs but no luck.

Cheers Bicko

JRJR
06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
How far off shore did you go?

And yes, were you trolling Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

seapup
06-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes Jimmy when the swells up i use it to tow or do step offs.

Nice ski there S P...........do you do tow in with her ?

Jimmy

seapup
06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I fish up to 15kms offshore o the ski at times. I was trolling off the Sunny Coast.

How far off shore did you go?

And yes, were you trolling Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

abbot_86
07-12-2008, 05:24 PM
nice ben. youll turn into one of those jet ski river hoons now!!