PDA

View Full Version : Borumba Dam

greenie.77
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
As the Xmas holidays are coming up, i was thinking of trying a few spots i haven't before. Can anyone give me some info on Borumba Dam how it fishes, what lures work well, basically what i can expect. All info would be much great.

greenie.77
11-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess no-one here fishes Borumba then?

Either that or you are typical Freshies who really do HEAPS to help someone out, Thanks guys!!

DEANO68
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I guess no-one here fishes Borumba then?

Either that or you are typical Freshies who really do HEAPS to help someone out, Thanks guys!!

Havent been out there for a while greeny, aparantly the bass have been goin ok but the toga have fired up quite a bit....spinnerbaits and jackas, dark colors...
go get em....
ps didnt see your first post...

slyman
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Was there on sunday, only a handful of people fishing. Went chasing saratoga with my brother. He lost a decent sized one (70+) right by the boat as we went to net it, around 830am. Didnt see any more until midday when he hooked up to a 70cm fish, this time we got it in the net. I had only one swipe at my surface insect style lure that didnt hook up and my brother again had another fish, a fiesty 20cm one that also spat the hook by the boat, he was using a subsurface megabass lure. We were in all three arms and fish were found in all three arms.

greenie.77
11-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys good to see someone cares about me.

Jeremy87
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM
The edges at in the top of the basin hold good numbers of bass. timbered arms for saratoga. For the toga sight cast with fly or weightless soft plastics, or systematically work the warmer shallow water with spinnerbaits and hardbodies expect bycatch of larger bass. To target bass in the main basin look for schools in 3-8 metres of water. troll lures around the thermocline or cast heavy plastics and jackals.

NAGG
12-12-2008, 06:08 AM
The edges at in the top of the basin hold good numbers of bass. timbered arms for saratoga. For the toga sight cast with fly or weightless soft plastics, or systematically work the warmer shallow water with spinnerbaits and hardbodies expect bycatch of larger bass. To target bass in the main basin look for schools in 3-8 metres of water. troll lures around the thermocline or cast heavy plastics and jackals.

Thanks for that Jeremy ...... Its nice to know how to fish a place ::) :P do you know if there are any good maps available of the dam ?

Chris

nipsta
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks for that Jeremy ...... Its nice to know how to fish a place ::) :P do you know if there are any good maps available of the dam ?

Chris
have a look at sweetwater site i think there is one on there chris and a bit of info as well
www.sweetwater.com.au (http://www.sweetwater.com.au)

and yep every thing jermery said is the go but check ya sounders on the day and see what doing they can be fussy buggers out there

Jeremy87
12-12-2008, 09:30 AM
The best maps are on fitzys web page. unfortuneatley google earth doesn't have a high res image of it. It's not a big dam like monduran so it's not like your going to get lost in the trees. The best way to get to know the dam would be to travel up each of timbered arms taking note of where the creek bed is, where the flats are, and which bits of water are shaded at what time of day. When the toga are a bit flightly the morning bite is normally best in the stretches where the water is still shaded by the mountains. From my observations i'd be inclined to say that the bigger saratoga tend to eat alot more boney bream (all of my 70+ fish have come from sx48's and sx60's). A longer softer rod will dampen the head shakes and jumps and help keep the hooks in.

slyman
12-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Google earth has updated its images of Borumba, but you cant zoom in too close or you lose the detail, but they are certainly a lot better than the ones that used to be there. I think they were taken around the start of 08, and the water level looks pretty close to full. My brother and I were saying it would be great to have a map for Borumba like the new one for Monduran.

StevenM
12-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Can be a tough little number to crack.

No fifferent to any other dam, fish the edges with spinner baits and work the trees,

Its about a 4k to the treeline. We did ok up there in October in the trees, fish seem to be smashing SX60's in Black / gold.

Couple of follows from Toga but no hook ups. Check out the eckfc . com web site for the report.

Jeremy87
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Google earth has updated its images of Borumba, but you cant zoom in too close or you lose the detail, but they are certainly a lot better than the ones that used to be there. I think they were taken around the start of 08, and the water level looks pretty close to full. My brother and I were saying it would be great to have a map for Borumba like the new one for Monduran.

So they have, heaps better thn last time i checked it.