PDA

View Full Version : fuel/ markham whaler

bob f 57
04-12-2008, 07:13 PM
hi fish,os
i have a 3.8 m/whaler with a 30 yamaha early 90 model with a 30 litre in board tank i went out last week put in at vicky point did a lap of peel then fished around choochie then went home then a few days later thought go for a quick fish put in at sundale bridge fished around the nerang river then went up to north end of wave brake then back to ramp and home, now getting to my question i went out sunday arvo for a trip up the bay went to put fuel in and could only get 8.25 litres in the tank ,my motor can,t be that good on fuel do you think my misses is filling her up while i,m at work because i did that to her with her dish washer liquid kept filling it up when it got half full
cheers bob

Noelm
05-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I guess a couple of things need clarification, how long were you Motoring for? unless someone knows the area you mention very well, then the info means next to nothing as far as fuel use goes, next, are you sure you filled it? no air lock or something? a 30HP Motor is not exactly a gas guzzler, so give us some idea of distance and time.

Noelm
05-12-2008, 08:53 AM
OH and as far as someone filling it up "while you were not looking" why not just ask?

Noelm
05-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I might add, that at very wild guess, and assuming running at various speeds and so on, 8 and a bit litres will probably give you 3 to 4 hours running with a 30HP, is that about your time? remember it is a wild guess!

bob f 57
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
hi noelm yea that sounds about right i just can,t get over how good is is on fuel
its a great little boat for the rivers and creeks
my 5m centre console cat has taken a bit of a back seat since i brought the whaler
cheers bob