PDA

View Full Version : New Targa and pics of LED lights

Angla
02-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Finally lashed out for a new Targa with a slide out bimini. Must say that I am impressed with the first outing. Easier to get to the rocket launcher. Great head clearance everywhere. Easier to walk around with the grab rail.
Very happy with the metal fabrication and the upholstery guys.
Added some new lights to the cabin and Targa too.
2 x 316 grade Stainless 5 watt LED spotlights with pivoting heads to the sides of the Targa
1 x LED swivelling strip to the cockpit at the throttle control
2 x white/red LED cabin lights to the sides of the cabin below the seats
2 x strip LED lights to under the gunnels

The LED choices for lighting seem to be getting better in leaps and bounds

The old frame is up for sale in the for sale boats section for anyone who is interested

Chris

Spaniard_King
03-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Looks Good Angla Just currious if they stitch the clear flap on the bottom of the clears up against the windscreen to stop the water coming up the screen and over the edge??

Got mates with cruisecrafts who have had this done (aftermarket) and it works wonders.

trueblue
03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
fantastic Chris. I had a look at it yesterday - looks really good.

Angla
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Garry, There is a edge on the windscreen that looks like it may try to stop this water but I can see a gap in near the centre that may be a problem spot. I will look into a solution before it becomes a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Spaniard_King
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Took a pic for ya chris. Ypou can see the clear flap pushing down onto the windscreen. to acheive this you have to have it sewn so that it forces down onto the screen when the clears are on;)

John Buoy
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey Gazz down in Melb theres a mob called Bundoora Boat Covers and they
fitted a weather mould to the inside of the existing clears front and side
It's a rubber thats stitched and the press studs go over it which creates a tight fit
over the alloy window mould
Got my CC Exp clears done for 60bucks.
Top product and saves a lot water coming thru;)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6340/luresetups003fp4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Regards Frank

Spaniard_King
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Frank,

when you get a chance can you please post a few more pics of the moulding, I am finding it hard to work it out :(

John Buoy
03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Frank,

when you get a chance can you please post a few more pics of the moulding, I am finding it hard to work it out :(
Sorry mate I would but the boat has been sold :P
The photo is a bit confusing basically you can see the shape of the mould
(In the above photo the clear has been folded back to take the photo.)
The thicker part of the mould gets compressed against the window surround.
This is achieved by removing the existing studs off the clears then stitching on the mould to the bottom of the clears and refitting the studs.
When you press the studs back on (with a bit of force) the rubber becomes compressed against the windows alloy frame.
Hope that clears it a little.
Material is available from this mob(dont know if they wil post)
http://www.boatupholstery.com.au/index2.html
Regards Frank

Fatenhappy
03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey Chris ...

Really like the idea of the leds and the white/red LED cabin lights in particular.

As I am all but to the stage of fitting out new internal lighting for our cats refit/reno, mind me asking who supplied this set up for you ?

Cheers
Greg

Angla
03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Garry and Frank, Thanks for the input. I have a foam strip that I might try out first. It will be stuck at the top of the window frame (above the press stud bases) and should force the clears to press harder onto the window as well as acting to stop the water as a barrier as well.

Greg

The internal cabin lights that are red/white and the swivelling strip at the throttle control came from north side mar ine at 2294 Sandgate road and the 316 grade spot lights on the outer sides come from Ideal Electrical at Enoggera. The long Led lights under the gunnels come from the electronics store on the corner of Albany creek road and Gympie road at Aspley.

Chris

thelump
04-12-2008, 01:09 PM
All your missing is a couple of reindeer with red noses.;D Hasn't LED technology come a long way. Should be great for those overnighters.

Angla
07-12-2008, 12:47 AM
LED technology is great. It's good to see some great product coming onto the market and it all seems to be sealed and weatherproof. Looks great at nightime, specially the ones under the gunnels.

Chris