PDA

View Full Version : Best campsite westside Moreton Island

Luxyboy
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Going to Moreton 5/1/09 for a week and just wondering where the nicest camping is?

Something with toilet/shower facilities, ability to launch my mates 4.4m runabout close by and campfires allowed preferably.

Cheers,
Brad

Blackened
03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
G'day

Jump on the qpws website and they should have all the info needed. I'm not sure if the wrecks campground still has toilet/shower but it used to. May be worth a look

Dave

Luxyboy
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Just found out; friends we are going with have already booked the wrecks so i guess I'll find out when i get there ::)

Mayney
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Luxyboy,

Last reports were that the Garage at Bulwer was closed. I don't know the answer on how you would get addition fuel, if required.

chisel
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Not sure you can park your car close to the campsites at the wrecks. Further up near Bulwer might be better if you are driving. If you want a calm spot to anchor then the wrecks would be best I guess.

Luxyboy
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Luxyboy,

Last reports were that the Garage at Bulwer was closed. I don't know the answer on how you would get addition fuel, if required.

Thanks guys, taking jerries and will just to a fuel run in the boat if needed ;)