PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex 400 Hornet Trophy

aadam
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
hi guys
i have recently purchased the boat mentioned above. It is a 2003 model and i was wondering how the pedestal seats are meant to come out. I have tried lifting them straight up and also screwing them out but they wont come out. I am just trying to lift the floor so i can run wiring for an electric motor and also to clean out the bilge area and the shift the seat to another position.
Also i was wondering if anyone has any ideas for rod storage in this style of boat as i am having trouble keeping rigged rods out of the way whilst casting with another rod.
cheers and thanks in advance
aadam

yamp
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I have a 05 model and my seats just lift straight out they should't be hard to get out. I also lifted my floor to check things out , just make sure you get all the phillips head screws out, there was a couple that were a bit hard to find, you should be able to loosen off one side first then slid it over the other than lift up and out then do the same on the other side which will be alot easier. As for rod storage i zip tied a couple of those foam plastic type ones onto the ribs either side of the boat gives me storage for 5 rods each side cheers Yamp

Bear001
02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
My seats lift out pretty easy with a little bit of twisting too.

I have some of those Berkley plastic/foam rod holders on the front of my side console - sorry not sure if yours is tiller or console. When Im up on the front deck casting, they dont worry me at all.

Cin

Dan5
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Mate the bottom of the seat pole has proberbly flared out in the spigot,it's fairly common.If you can get it out just sand back the effected area then cut some teflon bread board disc's out with a holesaw and drop them back into the spigot holes,,,,,,,that'll stop them from flaring again. (car jack should get them out).

Cheers Dan