PDA

View Full Version : woody heads Iluka land based

fishyfrost
02-12-2008, 12:29 PM
hi everybody
heading down to woody heads next week for a few days with the missus taking the rod hope to do abit of fishing just wondering what the go is, whats biteing where and when are my best chances. I'll have the 4wd so will have access to the beach also maybe off the head land as well

Any advice would be awesome cheers

fishyfrost
05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
i guess no ones got info then..

coucho
05-12-2008, 08:40 AM
G'day
Mate Iluka and woody is a great spot. a spin from the rocks late arvo will have you looking for targets such as talior or jew. Whiting from shark bay beach are a likely target at the moment as well. Beach access is about 500 m north of the woody turn off some great gutters allong there.
Been a good run of the flat ones in the river of late as well.
As always late arvo and early morning are your best chance.
Going down there this weekend myself
Best of luck

fishyfrost
05-12-2008, 12:48 PM
cheers mate i'll take the 14 ft beach rod and have ago off the rocks and beach. pretty keen haven't been for a fish for a while i'm camping at woody monday through to thursday so should get abit in

mattooty
05-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Was having a bit of a snorkel around the boat ramp the other week after we went for a spear further out and there were plenty of big bream and flatties in close around the rocks just to the right of the boat ramp. Use as light as you can as these fish were very finicky. Unfortunately its a no-spear zone so taking the gun in is a no no.

theoldlegend
06-12-2008, 06:22 AM
G'day mate.

If you're thinking of putting your 4wd on Main Beach (between the breakwater wall and the Bluff), then I'm pretty sure you'll need a council permit to do so. It's the only beach where you need a council permit for some reason.

Fraser's Reef could be the go at low tide, but be aware of how the time is going so you can get back again.

Apart from that, it's a matter of trying all the usual haunts. Out the front of the Bluff is worth a shot, as is Shark Bay. Depending on what you're going to target, there should be pipis at Shark Bay and worms along Main Beach. The wall could be worth a shot as well. There's some good water a fair way out just after where the walking conditions get really bad.

Good luck!

TOL