PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Generosity

moreton
30-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I think it is only fitting that I honour Pin Head for the generosity he gave today at the Southern Moreton Bay M & G at Victoria Point.
He told me that he wished to make a donation to VMR Victoria Point in the memory of his Mother and Father.
I refused at first as this was a substancial amount of money. Then he told me about his Dad teaching him to fish and honouring his memory. Pin Head we thank you very much.
Regards Ian

oldboot
30-11-2008, 08:47 PM
We all know that pin head tries to maintain the gruff exterior....but we all know the truth is he is a deep careing and generous man.

Just don't tell to many people it wil spoil te illusion;D

cheers

Crestcutter
30-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Couldn't have said it better Oldboot. Well done Greg, it went to a great cause.

oldboot
30-11-2008, 10:25 PM
the other thing is Pinhead is smart enought to realise that VMR is a cause worth supporting.

cheers

Braddles
30-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Ian / Moreton... What a lovely gesture to thank Pin Head and recognise the honour of his Mum and Dad.

I dont know Pin Head at all personally, but I think by his generosity to such a great community cause demonstrates the level of his integrety, and the worth he is to the community.

Pin Head probably is shy / wishing he wasnt thanked publically - but hearing humble stories like this makes you feel like there are still genuine, top fellas around.

Good on you Pin Head, and may much good karma flow your way!!!! Your Mum and Dad would be VERY proud of you I am sure!

theoldlegend
01-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Yeah, Greg's like that. The Quiet Achiever. :-X He's probably a bit embarrassed about it by now, but credit where credit's due. :-[

It's people like him that makes the whole thing go round. :D

TOL

BigE
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Well done champ, and although I dont know you or your kin
I'm sure your old man is smilein and your mom is proud of your generosity.

BigE

PinHead
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
well guys..thanks but it really was a gesture we make every year to one charity or another in memory of mum and dad. Just glad that VMR appreciate the donation.

Mods..can ya lock this thread please..I can do without any more embarrassment.

Chimo
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Good on ya Greg

Chimo

Lucky_Phill
01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes Greg,,,, soon, having trouble with the " Lock " key.

TX Greg.

phill

Mac1952
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
As an "adopted" Australian, this is what has drawn us to this great country:
Another great example of The True Aussie Spirit

Vitamin Sea
01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Credit where credit is due

Honor of ones Mother and Father is a most important thing, especially if they are not with us anymore.

A most worthy cause to boot.

VS

Horse
01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Well done Greg:thumbsup:

At least you know with a VMR unit the donation will not be "absorbed" by administration costs and the like

That is a very nice way to honour the memory of those who you have lost

Neil

mod5
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM

Suffer. :P

manchild
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Good on ya Greg ,i knew i was right .I only met you once ,but the mans handshake says it all.
George

castlemaine
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
well guys..thanks but it really was a gesture we make every year to one charity or another in memory of mum and dad. Just glad that VMR appreciate the donation.

Nothing to be embarassed about ... thanks for supporting the community.
Cheers8-)
Ps Blown your cover though;)

2DKnBJ
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Good on'ya Greg and Sue.
For the people that know this couple this would not come as a surprise especially those members that attent the Rod Building Weekends.
Greg,i think even if you had words with the man himself this won't be getting locked any time soon.

Cheers Dazza

theoldlegend
02-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Bloody computers!! You can never get them to work properly when you want them to.

Keep trying Mods, I'm sure you'll get that 'Lock" function to work in due course.

Let's not forget the old adage: "behind every good man there's a good woman". :-/

This is particularly true in Greg's case with his lovely wife Sue, who incidentally, has a wicked sense of humour.

TOL

finga
02-12-2008, 06:58 AM
You embarrassed yet Greg??
Goodo matey on your 'contribution'

PS The cook wants to know where you got your shirt. Or should I be asking Sue as you (hey, that rhymes :)) couldn't be bothered shopping for such frivolities.

PinHead
02-12-2008, 07:19 AM
You embarrassed yet Greg??
Goodo matey on your 'contribution'

PS The cook wants to know where you got your shirt. Or should I be asking Sue as you (hey, that rhymes :)) couldn't be bothered shopping for such frivolities.

The shirt is from a shop in Montville..I could not resist getting that one..but she made me buy another with "GRUMPY OLD MAN" on the front of it.
They have a huge range and they put them on the shirt of your choice while you wait.

PinHead
02-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Bloody computers!! You can never get them to work properly when you want them to.

Keep trying Mods, I'm sure you'll get that 'Lock" function to work in due course.

Let's not forget the old adage: "behind every good man there's a good woman". :-/

This is particularly true in Greg's case with his lovely wife Sue, who incidentally, has a wicked sense of humour.

TOL

LOL TOL..might have to have a chat with the big fella...perhaps get some Mods that know what they are doing..hehe.

Reefmaster
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Well done Greg we all need more people like you in this world!
It's a pitty we can't embarrasse you more. Oh hang on let me do my best..;D :P ;)

Legend Pinhead:laola:

;D ;D ;D
Cheers,'
Greg

tigermullet
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Nicely done! It's great to see that we have at least two 'genuine' human beings in our midst.