PDA

View Full Version : whalers, Ocean, pacific

Blista
29-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi,
thinking of upgading the 4.55 ally craft to a 5.5 aussie whaler. They reportedly handle the weather very well, im a little concerned with the low sides. My deckie is an arthritic retired builder who cant swim. I would like something that doesnt pound like the little cuddy ally craft, but the low sides has me wondering if i will need to get my mate to wear floaties. I live in central Queensland and would like to get out a bit further than I can now with out wearing a back brace and mouth guard.

FNQCairns
29-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Here you go buy this! but be quick...it looks a deal anyway on face value.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120341374932&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

cheers fnq

tunaticer
29-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Mate, buy your fishing amigo an inflatable lifejacket thats self inflating, he can wear it full time and will not notice wearing it.

Jack.

Chimo
30-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Blista

Are you talking about the walk around or the cab version of the AW?

I tried an AW 5.5 walkaround out in the sea off the Gold Coast including playing in the surf around the sandpumping jetty and IMHO the 5.5 that I tried was at least a meter too short. It didnt perform as well as my then 5.6 Al Express Overnighter so I bought a 6.2 Seafarer Vagabond instead.

Apart from FNQ's cat suggestion which would also be softer, IMO you cant beat length.

Have you had a look at the 6.5 AW which by the way happened after the then owner of AW, did the ride in the surf in old Express?

Cheers
Chimo

sharkcat one
01-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Blista,
i am the owner of a boat company on the gold coast, we have a 6m
Cathedral style centre console similar to aw but with a slightly deeper v .
we can built these for around $38.000 with tralier and 115 opti max ,
t-top, 2 x live bait tanks , kill tank , contact me if you need more info

Sandman
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Blista i own a 6.5 , have had it for a number of years now purchased off the riginal owner, have few complaints about , does the buisness for me and i imagine ould be good for FNQ. They can be picky about swell depending on wind and angle.
Goes through the bar nicely :) Just ask Rankinray and a few of the boys.
You cant beat the offer shark cat just gave you for the price.
Gives us a call if you wish or if your down this way with notice i can take you out.
Mick

Blista
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
You Know I have one that I give to the older kids that dont like the bulky ones, I never thought of giving it to the old fella!

Blista
01-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I was talking about the walkaround, I will look into the 6.5 but it might be a bit outside the budget.