PDA

View Full Version : the Borumba bash 5th 6th 7th march 2010.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DEANO68
28-11-2008, 08:36 PM
hi all ausfisho's,:) with recent intrest during posts, of a weekend bash at borumba in the summer months , in beween I.B.D. sessions of course. thought of mabe a late feb early march weekender at borumba. bit closer for many to do just the weekend or friday off and make a long weekend out of it. saturday nite being the main m&g nite ,and of course on the water..any input to a prefered weekend at all.???? before we throw it too the m&g board.....???? interested..???

BR65
28-11-2008, 08:59 PM
interested - yup

DEANO68
28-11-2008, 09:08 PM
weekend , FRIDAY 13TH march, full moon......spooky....8-) ?????????????

TonyM
28-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Sounds good to me - I've still got to get my first Toga outa that pond!

Will also be nice to celebrate the postponement (hopefully cancellation) of the Travesty dam)

Cheers
Tony

nipsta
28-11-2008, 09:53 PM
weekend , FRIDAY 13TH march, full moon......spooky....8-) ?????????????

would lov to dean if i get clearance bub is due 10th of march and i might not get out of the house some how but still might be a goer also better check if any comps are on and will you have you own vessel bye then

DEANO68
28-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds good to me - I've still got to get my first Toga outa that pond!

Will also be nice to celebrate the postponement (hopefully cancellation) of the Travesty dam)

Cheers
Tony

good to hear from ya tony....reckon your toga is due in 09...hope your all good and catch up in the near future..mabe before borumba, if not ,at the mg.. josh is keen as , he just had a little boy ..Riley, last w/end so hes keen to get out for a fish, and leave the missus to it.....;) ....cheers deano..
p.s the lad cries,,, he puts a baitcaster in the cot ,,he stops,,good breeding i reckon...;D

DEANO68
28-11-2008, 10:09 PM
would lov to dean if i get clearance bub is due 10th of march and i might not get out of the house some how but still might be a goer also better check if any comps are on and will you have you own vessel bye then

mabee simon mabee.. still softening up the holder of many moneys;)

nipsta
28-11-2008, 10:12 PM
mabee simon mabee.. still softening up the holder of many moneys;)
thats ok i might be able to sneak out for a overnighter then as i will be on holidays as well for 3 weeks when bub is born im sure i can get a granma to tekr care of kaitlyn and that way i can bring the father inlaw as well time will tell

thesav
28-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd be interested. When you settle on date I will square away with the better half.
Where do you propose we camp - at the grounds below the dam wall or back at deer park?
Regards
Sav

TonyM
28-11-2008, 10:54 PM
good to hear from ya tony....reckon your toga is due in 09...hope your all good and catch up in the near future..mabe before borumba, if not ,at the mg.. josh is keen as , he just had a little boy ..Riley, last w/end so hes keen to get out for a fish, and leave the missus to it.....;) ....cheers deano..
p.s the lad cries,,, he puts a baitcaster in the cot ,,he stops,,good breeding i reckon...;D

Looking forwards to catching up Deano!

Next weekend is 1770, then I'm hoping to get a couple of trips to Mondy in before the year is out. I've been flat out lately and any free time I had has been soaked up doing maintenance on boat, trailer, reels etc so I can hit the ground (water) running! :)

Pass my congratulations on to Josh - sounds like the bub is a bit like my 3 y/o, he's gradually claiming all my lures and has 5 bloody fishing rods allready!

Simon - if you go fishing you'll do the missus a favour by helping bub to come along sooner :scholar:

Cheers
Tony

nipsta
29-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Looking forwards to catching up Deano!

Next weekend is 1770, then I'm hoping to get a couple of trips to Mondy in before the year is out. I've been flat out lately and any free time I had has been soaked up doing maintenance on boat, trailer, reels etc so I can hit the ground (water) running! :)

Pass my congratulations on to Josh - sounds like the bub is a bit like my 3 y/o, he's gradually claiming all my lures and has 5 bloody fishing rods allready!

Simon - if you go fishing you'll do the missus a favour by helping bub to come along sooner :scholar:

Cheers
Tony
yes i agree but im hoping my gut feeling is right and she will go early which means i would be sweet for that weekend for sure but just have to wait and see at least its only a hour drive for us sunny coast people so no to far anyway and i have a mobile bed so a nighter should be a drama

DEANO68
29-11-2008, 06:53 AM
I'd be interested. When you settle on date I will square away with the better half.
Where do you propose we camp - at the grounds below the dam wall or back at deer park?
Regards
Sav

hey sav , prob at the dam up the back of the park i think..

Whitto
29-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Im in......Whitto

culbara
29-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Yep Jen and me love to count us in

eotbmg
29-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Book it out Deano, i am a starter for sure, will have approx 5 or 6 with us as well!!!
Ben

nipsta
30-11-2008, 05:19 AM
yeah i agree with ben book it out dean it will bring a hell of a lot of ausfishers out there for sure ill bring a 1 o 3 with me also try and get shanoo from brissy up with his crew if i can escape and bub has come early

ill have to take the boat out monday now just to see if i can catch a red devil as welll on lure i have never got one on lure i have connect but always lost mid fight so monday afternoon it is the river look reasonable since im lucky and its my rdo

DEANO68
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
ive only ever done daytrips out there so not to sure on the layout of the camp ground... anyone know more about it ,? is there an area out of the way a little, dont want to upset other campers if we are up a tad late..any other ideas.?
happy with saturday 14th march..??
deano.

Tropicaltrout
03-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Sounds Good but why so long away?

Tropicaltrout
03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
The camp is good fire wood there and plenty of room right down the creek crossing end to escape the quieter campers

chewy01
03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Borumba???? near gympie?? can i catch anything on my flyrod???im in if fishing is involved but may need some pointers.. any restrictions??

TonyM
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Chewy - Toga on fly sound good to you? I know a few fluffchuckers that fish down there and they seem to do alright sight fishing for them ;)

I don't think there's any restrictions, last time I was there there were a few ski boats in there with big ole 2 strokes

Deano - good thinking mate! You're an ideas man! :idea:

Cheers
Tony

DEANO68
03-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds Good but why so long away?

hey nath ,long away from chrissey crowds, and prob a few lads doing mondy sessions in jan and feb, prob march also, just a date with a bit of notice ...and hey time flys, its friggin christmas again, already..;) talk to you tmoz bout sunday session...8-)

DEANO68
03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Borumba???? near gympie?? can i catch anything on my flyrod???im in if fishing is involved but may need some pointers.. any restrictions??

plenty good toga water for fly chewy...top lake..

nipsta
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
hey nath ,long away from chrissey crowds, and prob a few lads doing mondy sessions in jan and feb, prob march also, just a date with a bit of notice ...and hey time flys, its friggin christmas again, already..;) talk to you tmoz bout sunday session...8-)

hehehehe dean all goes to plan im going out again friday night for a jack hunt or a jew hunt or to get some crab bait for my boss at work catfish of course

chewy01
03-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Does it get cold...?? i ummm am not a fan of below about 15 degrees

DEANO68
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
hehehehe dean all goes to plan im going out again friday night for a jack hunt or a jew hunt or to get some crab bait for my boss at work catfish of course

got crissy party friday nite ( mrs) and mine sat nite,so im out till sunday...>:( and ive gotta mow the bloody lawn in there some ware...>:( >:(

DEANO68
03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Does it get cold...?? i ummm am not a fan of below about 15 degrees

march ?? reckon you will be fine chew.....get on to the pottsville connection see if there in for it to...8-)

nipsta
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
got crissy party friday nite ( mrs) and mine sat nite,so im out till sunday...>:( and ive gotta mow the bloody lawn in there some ware...>:( >:(
yeah im out to dinner sat night so got to go friday for sure and i might get a leave pass for sunday night too tide is good both ;D ;D

NAGG
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
We (Mighty Whitey & I) plan to be up at Mondy & Awoonga during March ........ So I guess we can always give it a couple of days

Chris

Apollo
03-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Probably count me in as well (especially as I live nearby). Probably convince Mark (TryMyLuck) to come as well if he can stop stabbing himself with scissors. Very close to my 40th as well, so maybe a drink may be needed.

DEANO68
04-12-2008, 06:36 AM
We (Mighty Whitey & I) plan to be up at Mondy & Awoonga during March ........ So I guess we can always give it a couple of days

Chris

if your in the area why not.....see if you can fit it in on the way up or back....

DEANO68
04-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Probably count me in as well (especially as I live nearby). Probably convince Mark (TryMyLuck) to come as well if he can stop stabbing himself with scissors. Very close to my 40th as well, so maybe a drink may be needed.

more the merrier, but tell mark to leave the sissors at home...:)

themissus
04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Sounds good, we're in!! We'll try and arrange a few clingons too. Let me know if you need a hand organizing anything.
Cheers Kim.

NAGG
04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Deano

Spoke to MW & we will include the BB as past of our trip

So

WE ARE IN !:laola:

nipsta
04-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds good, we're in!! We'll try and arrange a few clingons too. Let me know if you need a hand organizing anything.
Cheers Kim.
dont forget the rocky road kim we might finally get to try it and i wonder if we can get those gin gin blokes to come done our way hey foxie and stev b so they can attend

chewy01
04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Organise???? what is this organise that you speak of... throw in some rods(or in ur case kimmy,just one Rod)food lures flies and ur set...

nipsta
04-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Organise???? what is this organise that you speak of... throw in some rods(or in ur case kimmy,just one Rod)food lures flies and ur set...
she has to get the rocky rod orgnasied and a cake too

Tropicaltrout
04-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Ok lads ran it by my lady and have a pass so I am in I will fly solo but look forward to a Toga on the fly..

Nath

nipsta
04-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok lads ran it by my lady and have a pass so I am in I will fly solo but look forward to a Toga on the fly..

Nath

i will be for sure as hopefully bub has arrived and all is good and then again if bubu has arrived i may not get a pass trust dean to pick a good date lol

DEANO68
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Deano

Spoke to MW & we will include the BB as past of our trip

So

WE ARE IN !:laola:

wooo good one chris, should be a good turnout...8-)

themissus
05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
RR and ginger cake was a given boys!!;)::) I wouldn't dare turn up with out it. (I've already made 3 batches this week, it's sending me broke!!):-/
I'm sure there will be a few boxed of sweet and salty popcorn for Chewy too.
Really keen to get up there and have a crack at a toga or two.
We'll have to get the Gin Gin connection to book days off.

Cheers Kim:)

chewy01
05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
im taking my last packets this weekend.lucky jode is at work.....bahhahahah you snooze u lose

NAGG
08-12-2008, 05:26 PM
:-/ OK ..... so what lures / plastics do we need for Borumba ......... & what are we targeting ?????? (toga , bass ?? ?? ??)

I need to let MW know so he can stock up ........ & not pinch mine ::)

Cheers

Chris

DEANO68
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
:-/ OK ..... so what lures / plastics do we need for Borumba ......... & what are we targeting ?????? (toga , bass ?? ?? ??)

Cheers

Chris

hey chris, both of the above, and the odd yella, jackels or the same style whitey can get cheeper like the river to sea tungsten vibe 50. spinnerbaits are a must,and quite often a go too as they are reasonably snag resistant, the jackels are good but expensive, havent used plastic apart from small frogs, but when i did the fish were not playing at all, but josh has had some good days useing them in the past..favroite color ,purples, but thats an individual thing..
deano.

DEANO68
08-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Cheers

Chris

you know what they look like but whitey may not,ha, mainly testing new camera , think it works....:)

NAGG
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
you know what they look like but whitey may not,ha, mainly testing new camera , think it works....:)

Thanks Deano ....... I do a little bass fishing but keen to know what works at borumba ........... so I can kick MWs butt ;D ;) ....... Tell him he needs smilen jacks & stump jumpers:LOL: .......

Chris

DEANO68
08-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Deano ....... I do a little bass fishing but keen to know what works at borumba ........... so I can kick MWs butt ;D ;) ....... Tell him he needs smilen jacks & stump jumpers:LOL: .......

Chris

or mabe vipers...::)

NAGG
08-12-2008, 06:54 PM
or mabe vipers...::)

Good call ...... I'll sell him mine at the discount price of $20 each:P

DEANO68
08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Good call ...... I'll sell him mine at the discount price of $20 each:P

seriously, its a great dam if ya want to bring up your fly gear, walk some banks and sight cast toga, dont do it my self but a mate does with some great results,
think you will enjoy the place, plus quite a few socialy minded crew headin out.::)

NAGG
08-12-2008, 07:11 PM
seriously, its a great dam if ya want to bring up your fly gear, walk some banks and sight cast toga, dont do it my self but a mate does with some great results,
think you will enjoy the place, plus quite a few socialy minded crew headin out.::)

I will take the long wand Deano ....... I reckon that would make my trip "Toga on fly"
Hey with you lot ...... I enjoy it regardless - CANT WAIT :P

Chris

DEANO68
08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I will take the long wand Deano ....... I reckon that would make my trip "Toga on fly"
Hey with you lot ...... I enjoy it regardless - CANT WAIT :P

Chris

will get some info off him, fly patterns and what not, he is an accredited fly instructer and knows the dam well...will give him a call and let you know..
better fill in chewy too hes keen for the fly toga also..

NAGG
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
will get some info off him, fly patterns and what not, he is an accredited fly instructer and knows the dam well...will give him a call and let you know..
better fill in chewy too hes keen for the fly toga also..

Mate .... that will be unreal

You've got me going now !!! :P Gunna be an easier trip - coming up from Brissy

Should be a fun way to start our Mondy & Awoonga trips

Chris

nipsta
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Mate .... that will be unreal

You've got me going now !!! :P Gunna be an easier trip - coming up from Brissy

Should be a fun way to start our Mondy & Awoonga trips

Chris

yes its a great dam chris and stump jumpers work at times dont worry about that but like dean said allthe lures he suggested work

NAGG
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
yes its a great dam chris and stump jumpers work at times dont worry about that but like dean said allthe lures he suggested work

Borumba has been an itch that needed to be scratched .......... You guys have now given me the excuse:P ...... So yeh bring on the BB !

Chris

catch_n_cod
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi guys,
I am a relatively new ausfish member and have read heaps about the Mondy Meet and Greet. Sounds like everyone had a ball. Would be good to put some faces to some of the names that I read so much about so I am going to try to do the Borumba Bash. Good excuse for a trip there as I don't get over enough. Am i reading right that you are mostly camping at the park below the wall, or are you staying at the deer park? Look foward to meeting some of you.
Cheers , Todd.

NAGG
09-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi guys,
I am a relatively new ausfish member and have read heaps about the Mondy Meet and Greet. Sounds like everyone had a ball. Would be good to put some faces to some of the names that I read so much about so I am going to try to do the Borumba Bash. Good excuse for a trip there as I don't get over enough. Am i reading right that you are mostly camping at the park below the wall, or are you staying at the deer park? Look foward to meeting some of you.
Cheers , Todd.

Do you really want to subject yourself to this ....... specially with this lot - just make sure you get your shots first ;) ;D
You'll need to start conditioning yourself now with a strict regime of pub crawling ....... get that liver hot ;D ......... specially if the rocket fuel makes a showing.
Finally ...... go to Guantanamo bay for some sleep deprivation therapy
Do this and you may just be prepared enough to survive it

Fortunately for me ........ I'm in permanent training::)

Chris

PS ...... Bound to be a hoot & I'm sure you'll enjoy it .......... good practice for the Sept Mondy Muster

Tropicaltrout
09-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Oh chris can you pick up 2manylures, I think he needs a lift......

NAGG
09-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Oh chris can you pick up 2manylures, I think he needs a lift......

:-X :-X :-X SILENCE IS GOLDEN :-X :-X :-X

Besides ...... Probably on the golf course shooting a 66 ;)

Tropicaltrout
09-12-2008, 06:26 AM
:D Are aslong as your smiling mate:D

What else can I say.........::) 44444444444;D ;D

nipsta
09-12-2008, 06:37 AM
nah i think he missed the cut off the pga ;D

DEANO68
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
....... get that liver hot ;D ......... specially if the rocket fuel makes a showing.

havent heard from the rocket fuel duo yet, daryl is a keen borumba fellow so no doubt he will show with a tank full of the shite.8-)

NAGG
09-12-2008, 06:51 AM
....... get that liver hot ;D ......... specially if the rocket fuel makes a showing.

havent heard from the rocket fuel duo yet, daryl is a keen borumba fellow so no doubt he will show with a tank full of the shite.8-)

I'm sure those 2 moonshiners will surface ........ probably in the cellar concocting something illegal:P

Jeremy87
09-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I should really go to one of these meet and greets. March is too far away for me to commit to anything though. How many boats does it look like at the moment?

Whitto
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I should really go to one of these meet and greets. March is too far away for me to commit to anything though. How many boats does it look like at the moment?Jeremy don't think twice about it....do yourself a favour and if work or time permit's front up....all u have to have to qualify is be an Ausfish member.....u won't regret it........Numbers will be around 30+ and about half that in boats...... Not all can commit till we get closer to the dates

Tropicaltrout
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Callop do your roll call...........lol

nipsta
09-12-2008, 08:01 PM
yrs looking like a big event would be keen to know how many might be a drink for the new bub then too also has anyone sussed the gin gin crew out yet or are they hiding from us all
\

DEANO68
09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
yrs looking like a big event would be keen to know how many might be a drink for the new bub then too also has anyone sussed the gin gin crew out yet or are they hiding from us all
\

havent heard from the glueamedic on the issue at hand, must be STUCK working.;) ...plenty of intrest out there hey...:o ..

NAGG
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
\

I think a few of them that competed in the ABT ..... have slashed their wrists:(

nipsta
09-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I think a few of them that competed in the ABT ..... have slashed their wrists:(

ah the joys of competion i cant wait to have a crack my self just to get some experince and i look like i have a partner to go in it as well and in his boat since its a older version skeeter type my boss from work who has fished mondy with me several times but i got to see yet im not sure what the next 12 months wil bring so if i can i will go in the southern rounds maybe im up for a challenge and can handle defeat with teh best of them bottle of sourthern can drown and disapointment of not succeding lol

Jeremy87
09-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Jeremy don't think twice about it....do yourself a favour and if work or time permit's front up....all u have to have to qualify is be an Ausfish member.....u won't regret it........Numbers will be around 30+ and about half that in boats...... Not all can commit till we get closer to the dates

I'll make an effort, borumba is one of my favourite dams. I'll see if i can organise a crew. If I can't if anyone wants to be shown around I'm reasonably proficient at getting the toga in there.

catch_n_cod
10-12-2008, 12:34 AM
[

quote=NAGG;938607]Do you really want to subject yourself to this ....... specially with this lot - just make sure you get your shots first ;) ;D
You'll need to start conditioning yourself now with a strict regime of pub
crawling ....... get that liver hot ;D ......... specially if the rocket fuel makes a showing.
Finally ...... go to Guantanamo bay for some sleep deprivation therapy
Do this and you may just be prepared enough to survive it

Fortunately for me ........ I'm in permanent training::)

Chris

PS ...... Bound to be a hoot & I'm sure you'll enjoy it .......... good practice for the Sept Mondy Muster

Nagg,
Don't see the liver as a prob, seem to have more trouble dealing with the rough water motion sickness in am's.:wreck: Sleep deprivation happens most fishing trips, seems to be par for the course. :wreck: Hopefully work allows Borumba Bash and 09 Mondy Muster. Am stayin in a cabin at Deer Park, Silver Prado, not sure what boat yet, am looking at new toys this week, will advise at later date.
Cheers, Todd.

Tropicaltrout
10-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey NAGG isn't the ABT going boater non-boater next year?.....

NAGG
10-12-2008, 05:55 AM
ah the joys of competion i cant wait to have a crack my self just to get some experince and i look like i have a partner to go in it as well and in his boat since its a older version skeeter type my boss from work who has fished mondy with me several times but i got to see yet im not sure what the next 12 months wil bring so if i can i will go in the southern rounds maybe im up for a challenge and can handle defeat with teh best of them bottle of sourthern can drown and disapointment of not succeding lol

Good onya Simon ....... Hopefully you can do it - Its worth the experience

NAGG
10-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Hey NAGG isn't the ABT going boater non-boater next year?.....

There was certainly talk of it ...... but with the success of this years tour both Northern & Southern - I'm hearing they probably wont change - madness if they do
Everyone I spoke to about the subject said they would not compete & that sentiment has been voiced on another forum which is asking for suggestions for next years tour.

Chris

Whitto
10-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Good onya Simon ....... Hopefully you can do it - Its worth the experience Im pretty sure you won't be able to compete Simon with the new rules....Im fairly sure about that..........RULE 34: Competitors with more than 3000 lures will be automatically disqualified from the competition ;D

NAGG
10-12-2008, 06:03 AM
[

Nagg,
Don't see the liver as a prob, seem to have more trouble dealing with the rough water motion sickness in am's.:wreck: Sleep deprivation happens most fishing trips, seems to be par for the course. :wreck: Hopefully work allows Borumba Bash and 09 Mondy Muster. Am stayin in a cabin at Deer Park, Silver Prado, not sure what boat yet, am looking at new toys this week, will advise at later date.
Cheers, Todd.

sounds like you'll be fine Todd ..... look forward to catchin up - Its looking like a good roll up

Chris

NAGG
10-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Im pretty sure you won't be able to compete Simon with the new rules....Im fairly sure about that..........RULE 34: Competitors with more than 3000 lures will be automatically disqualified from the competition ;D

Thats 3000 lures in the bag ;D ....... I think there is someone you could give us an opinion on that though;)

chris

nipsta
10-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Im pretty sure you won't be able to compete Simon with the new rules....Im fairly sure about that..........RULE 34: Competitors with more than 3000 lures will be automatically disqualified from the competition ;D
yes and i think once i metined it to the chief of operations i think it might get squashed anyway so yeah a idea that i will look into when it gets closer andd ill be right ill cut back to 2999 just for that comp

Whitto
10-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Ahhh Shite....forgot about the Golfer....This could stir up trouble.....very remiss of me;D

Tropicaltrout
10-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Ok here's a roll call so far....
DEANO68
BR65
TONYM
NIPSTA
THESAV
CULBARA
WHITTO
EOTBMG
CHEWY
NAGG,MW
APOLLO
ROO,THE MISUS
CATCH N COD
TROPICALTROUT

and some will have a few crews with them aswell

Tropicaltrout
10-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey Whitto you going to mondy boxing day?

Whitto
10-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Don't tempt me Nath.......at this stage January sometime PS will be a tad busy me thinks

DEANO68
10-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Hey Whitto you going to mondy boxing day?

where we stayin nath..?? park or up the dam..??:P

Tropicaltrout
10-12-2008, 06:45 AM
shhhhhhh my missus is floating around here, but where ever we can set camp up the dam if ya like?

Whitto
10-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Don't forget to take a Whipper Snipper;D

DEANO68
10-12-2008, 07:00 AM
shhhhhhh my missus is floating around here, but where ever we can set camp up the dam if ya like?

my missus hasnt said no yet,,, prob cause i havent told her yet.....8-)

Whitto
10-12-2008, 07:09 AM
my missus hasnt said no yet,,, prob cause i havent told her yet.....8-) Im thinking a Really Really nice Chrissie present may do the trick;D

NAGG
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM

:Mr-T: MAN UP !!!! Deano ....... Storm into the room ...... get on the knees & grovel;D

Chris

trymyluck
10-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Good one Steve:-[
The missus has hidden all the scissors so i should be in one piece although i might have throw the chainsaw in so the boat comes back in one piece.
Black Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! should be interesting. Count me in.........I'll send the missus a message when we get there that i won't be home for dinner.;)
Mark

nipsta
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
are extras allowed or is it limited number for this journay i seem to miss my invite nath i think the posty keep it

DEANO68
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
:Mr-T: MAN UP !!!! Deano ....... Storm into the room ...... get on the knees & grovel;D

Chris

no groveling needed, she has already made plans for us to go to summerset dam boxin day as her brother will be camping there with the kids, nite or two, fishin for bass and of corse beer...i didnt even mention north.;) best plan she has ever made, all good, will be at mondy 15th jan for 4 days anyways;D but it was a good idea.!!! got me twitchin...8-)

nipsta
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
no groveling needed, she has already made plans for us to go to summerset dam boxin day as her brother will be camping there with the kids, nite or two, fishin for bass and of corse beer...i didnt even mention north.;) best plan she has ever made, all good, will be at mondy 15th jan for 4 days anyways;D but it was a good idea.!!! got me twitchin...8-)

yes i just got informed that the chief has to work the next day after boxing day so im ut as well damm i got to find a weekend free i want to get up there before bub is born but not looking good you bloke teasing me with trip plans

chewy01
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
i might have to do a sneaky trip, scope the place out. think its closer tan mondy

DEANO68
10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
i might have to do a sneaky trip, scope the place out. think its closer tan mondy

hey chewy, might try for one or two also, havent been out there for a few months,last time was freezin and windy, and yep no fish..

chewy01
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
freezing????? wat the??? illll be a no show if its below 15 at night

Tropicaltrout
10-12-2008, 08:51 PM
are extras allowed or is it limited number for this journay i seem to miss my invite nath i think the posty keep it

Nah mate never sent them Just a breif thought really may go may not, it will be a quick trip, on the h2o for two days with a swag as comfort. So yeah not 100% yet around the 50% so yeah see what happens.

I thought you were out you were saying there's no more barra trip till next muster or something, the power of IBD takes all pain away and fear of the female one... good stuff

DEANO68
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
freezing????? wat the??? illll be a no show if its below 15 at night

harden up chewy, that was months ago, prob wont get below 20 in march, if it does rum and fires...;)

nipsta
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Nah mate never sent them Just a breif thought really may go may not, it will be a quick trip, on the h2o for two days with a swag as comfort. So yeah not 100% yet around the 50% so yeah see what happens.

I thought you were out you were saying there's no more barra trip till next muster or something, the power of IBD takes all pain away and fear of the female one... good stuff

yeah after brians report and a started reading lyndons book im getting keen and i love to see a silver flash again and i now have the chief convinced to do a trip in june and we are going to book a house or cabin if we are on our own whitto sounds keen for a winter trip and think my mate mick and his with kim will come up too as he prefers house and cabin rather then tent plus mum will be confortable with bub in the house too so we will make a decsion soon to pay depsiot

chewy01
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
no rum or set up the boxing ring. thouh pretty sure i wouldmt win the fight. even if it was against kimmy :):)
nope 15 is it

Callop
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
woohoo post 100.
Sorry I've been a bit quiet.You might say I've been in the doghouse.
Subject to being locked up again - I'll be there with bells on and rocket fuel in hand.

Tropicaltrout
11-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Dave your in mate good stuff.

Simon, yes the winter trips will be on this coming year, will have a good hard crack i reckon, just got to make it through the summer, with the trips to mondy and jackin every other chance I am realy enjoying it. oh and Borumba too that will be fun.

NAGG
11-12-2008, 07:10 AM

Simon, yes the winter trips will be on this coming year, will have a good hard crack i reckon, just got to make it through the summer, with the trips to mondy and jackin every other chance I am realy enjoying it. oh and Borumba too that will be fun.

Good to see that plans are being made for some winter trips , but I've got to say ...... After seeing the latest fishing DVD , I reckon a cod trip down to Copeton in April would be sensational ....... the place looks pretty cool & those cod look like crackers :P ....... might have to write that one up in my 2009 fishing diary (::) Yes- I've got one::) :P ;D )

Chris

nipsta
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM

yes winter trip in a house will be the go for me gunner take the girls and do the week of the show and labour day week as i only need to take 2 days to get the hole week off and bub will be 4 months old then so should be fine mum can chill in the house and me and kaitlyn can go for a fish or me on my own

Barry Ehsman
11-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Good to see that plans are being made for some winter trips , but I've got to say ...... After seeing the latest fishing DVD , I reckon a cod trip down to Copeton in April would be sensational ....... the place looks pretty cool & those cod look like crackers :P ....... might have to write that one up in my 2009 fishing diary (::) Yes- I've got one::) :P ;D )

Chris

Hi Chris.
There was a Cod caught here in the fishing comp last weekend that went I meter ::) ...........not by me :'( .........lots of Yellas, Catfish & redfin, & a few more smaller cod........

A lot of Cod are caught here around the magic meter !!!!!! my best is only 87cm.....

Now is normally the best time (straight after the spawning season)...not realy sure about April i know it is just before the frosts 8-) start......... i will get some more info & let you know....

Cheers Baz

NAGG
11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi Chris.
There was a Cod caught here in the fishing comp last weekend that went I meter ::) ...........not by me :'( .........lots of Yellas, Catfish & redfin, & a few more smaller cod........

A lot of Cod are caught here around the magic meter !!!!!! my best is only 87cm.....

Now is normally the best time (straight after the spawning season)...not realy sure about April i know it is just before the frosts 8-) start......... i will get some more info & let you know....

Cheers Baz

Hi Baz ....... Here as in Borumba or Copeton ??? SILLY ME >>>> YOU'RE FROM INVERELL ::)

Mate any info on Cod would be awesome ...... as they are on my list of things to catch
I know there are some good impoundments to catch cod in Qld ....... but Granite country is something else ( according to a couple of people that I've spoken to) - Once I relocate to Brisbane ........ It would only be 5 or so hours away

Chris

eotbmg
11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
no rum or set up the boxing ring. thouh pretty sure i wouldmt win the fight. even if it was against kimmy :):)
nope 15 is it
Thats why you drink shandys, No good on the Aggro Cowboy Juice?
Ben

chewy01
11-12-2008, 08:33 PM
nope no good at all :):) i might bring the tequila though, in case it gets cold

eotbmg
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Do you have any plans for the 3-8th Jan?

chewy01
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
5th im back at work.looks like if they get rain my mackay trip is a goer again. going to try n go for 5 weeks. do faust,then allt th mackay dams,plus the salty bite in october when they go nuts

nipsta
11-12-2008, 08:40 PM
nope no good at all :):) i might bring the tequila though, in case it gets cold
stones ginger wine will do the trick if its cold chewy but i think in march might be nice in the evenings

Tropicaltrout
12-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey Chewy with the ample free fire wood around and the 30 of us hanging around it will be fine and it wont chill off till early in the am and it wont be that cold anyhow.... The toga will be up and the bass will will be schooling and the beer will be cold, bring it on......

Whitto
12-12-2008, 07:24 AM
AAaahhhhh the Serenity.....A raging Fire...a JDW in hand.....RR to munch on.....what more could u ask for::).....I might even bring my Bass gear;D

DEANO68
12-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Do you have any plans for the 3-8th Jan?

no plans here benny, mrs is away for 3 weeks::) , im fishin as much as possible..;D ...what did you have in mind.8-)

nipsta
12-12-2008, 05:37 PM
no plans here benny, mrs is away for 3 weeks::) , im fishin as much as possible..;D ...what did you have in mind.8-)

how did you get that much time on ya own dean damm imagine what you could do if ya had the tinny

BR65
13-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Sorry, but in all those previous posts, did we decide the camp near the dam, or the deer park, and do I need to book a site early?

Tropicaltrout
13-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I think we are at the dam Brian, more toward the far end towards the creek crossing so we are out of the way of any campers.... So yeah should not have to book.

Nath

Tropicaltrout
13-12-2008, 08:57 AM

Go hard mate I might come if you are going... its been a while since I ran a line through my fly rod and I am keen to get a toga too:)

Whitto
13-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry, but in all those previous posts, did we decide the camp near the dam, or the deer park, and do I need to book a site early?
No need to book anything Brian ,unless there's a comp on that weekend....Ill be heading to the Dam camp at the far end near the crossing.....everyone else can please themselves;)......A fly rod I think I've got one of those somewhere...could be good for a laugh;D

BR65
13-12-2008, 10:36 AM
C ya up there Whitto, but there will be no poofy long wand in my tub mate::)

OK boys, Ive hung out the target, whos firing the first shot...........;D

chewy01
13-12-2008, 10:51 AM
ill be lucky if i remember how to throw mine. it doesnt perform well in the cold either

Whitto
13-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Ill wait till the last minute to see if I want to make a fool of myself......Brian Im not sure if there are too many wand wavers....u could be struggling to get any sort of comment;D

Tropicaltrout
13-12-2008, 12:04 PM

;D ;D now, there's nothing wrong with waving your wand around mate;D ;D

NAGG
13-12-2008, 12:45 PM

:jester: :rifle:

so are you going to have a cast off the shore Brian ;)

Actually there is something appealing about a Toga on fly ........... I'm up for the challenge (mad enough0

Chris

Whitto
13-12-2008, 06:26 PM
;D ;D now, there's nothing wrong with waving your wand around mate;D ;D Well there's a mental picture I'd rather do without:LMAO:

NAGG
13-12-2008, 06:59 PM
so where are we all staying at ........... & how do you get there ?

Chris

BR65
13-12-2008, 07:00 PM
:jester: :rifle:

so are you going to have a cast off the shore Brian ;)

Actually there is something appealing about a Toga on fly ........... I'm up for the challenge (mad enough0

Chris

To be honest, Im scared where it might take me if I picked up the long stick. The whole barra thing for me started with a cast of a mates bait caster on the footpath just to see if I could, and look where thats ended up............... :o

NAGG
13-12-2008, 07:45 PM
To be honest, Im scared where it might take me if I picked up the long stick. The whole barra thing for me started with a cast of a mates bait caster on the footpath just to see if I could, and look where thats ended up............... :o

Fair enough ...... I had the same happen with golf (as you described) - It became a 15 year obsession that was difficult to shake;D ...... till I wised up;)

Chris

chewy01
13-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey guys, think some1 asked about flies for toga. John rowe??? i think used to tie some sort of dhlberg divers..i tied some up b4 i went to cania and they worker a treat. basically a deer hair surface fly with a ribbit fur tail... rabbit.. no frog s at borumba i hope. thats probably what ill start with and a couple other nameless chew specials that havent seen the light of day for a while:)

Big_Ren
13-12-2008, 08:10 PM
If I can get up there I'm there with bells on. Just not sure how long I can go. I'll bring a long wand as well Brian, so don't feel like a leper. Flyfisho (Chris) should have all the guff for toga on fly at Borumba.......I need to get some casting lessons off Chris as well at some stage. 10wt might be a little overkill for toga though:o

Cheers
Paul

nipsta
13-12-2008, 09:51 PM
no wand for me just one to make sure bub is born before that date

Tropicaltrout
13-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, think some1 asked about flies for toga. John rowe??? i think used to tie some sort of dhlberg divers..i tied some up b4 i went to cania and they worker a treat. basically a deer hair surface fly with a ribbit fur tail... rabbit.. no frog s at borumba i hope. thats probably what ill start with and a couple other nameless chew specials that havent seen the light of day for a while:)

Uncle Johno, featured in a few brownies coast watches and dam hot fishing DVD's yep he's one of the old school fly men, he's back in Tassie now with my old man doing it tuff living basically on the lakes, :D

The fly he tied was called the scruffy, and the madum X two of the best I will have a few with me and you are welcom to take one for replication, I don't tie much these days but I might wip a few up for those interrested

chewy01
14-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks m8,
the ones i tied should be called the ruffy:) they worked realy well on the bass at lenthalls till they all went over the wall :( i havent tied any contraptions for 18 months... probably a good thing

Callop
14-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Uncle Johno, featured in a few brownies coast watches and dam hot fishing DVD's yep he's one of the old school fly men, he's back in Tassie now with my old man doing it tuff living basically on the lakes, :D

The fly he tied was called the scruffy, and the madum X two of the best I will have a few with me and you are welcom to take one for replication, I don't tie much these days but I might wip a few up for those interrested
from 1 wand waver to another- I'll gladly take you up on the offer
As they say in the classics - you can never have enough fluff

NAGG
16-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Ok here's a roll call so far....
DEANO68
BR65
TONYM
NIPSTA
THESAV
CULBARA
WHITTO
EOTBMG
CHEWY
NAGG,MW
APOLLO
ROO,THE MISUS
CATCH N COD
TROPICALTROUT

and some will have a few crews with them aswell

Any more ???

Jeremy87
16-12-2008, 10:31 AM
You can probably count me in, still don't know wether i'm going to take a boat and crew up through. If I'm not do any of you southerners want to be shown around the dam?

Whitto
16-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Come on Boys and Girls don't be shy.....Come and have a great couple of days...This will undoubtly become an annual event "Borumba Bash 2009"in March....As is "The Monduran Muster 2009" in September......The inaugral Monduran Muster was a great success....If you enjoy a Camp Fire and a guzzle or two...you will love it......You are all welcome.......Cheers Whitto

nipsta
16-12-2008, 01:19 PM
[quote=Whitto;941429]Come on Boys and Girls don't be shy.....Come and have a great couple of days...This will undoubtly become an annual event "Borumba Bash 2009"in March....As is "The Monduran Muster 2009" in September......The inaugral Monduran Muster was a great success....If you enjoy a Camp Fire and a guzzle or two...you will love it......You are all welcome.......Cheers Whitto[/quote
yeah and dont forget 2mmanylures as well come along we can all have in depth discussion all seriousness it will be a great weekend and we are all pleasent fellows who love fishing and also putting it onto cocakroachs as well ;)

NAGG
16-12-2008, 05:22 PM
[quote=Whitto;941429]Come on Boys and Girls don't be shy.....Come and have a great couple of days...This will undoubtly become an annual event "Borumba Bash 2009"in March....As is "The Monduran Muster 2009" in September......The inaugral Monduran Muster was a great success....If you enjoy a Camp Fire and a guzzle or two...you will love it......You are all welcome.......Cheers Whitto[/quote
yeah and dont forget 2mmanylures as well come along we can all have in depth discussion all seriousness it will be a great weekend and we are all pleasent fellows who love fishing and also putting it onto cocakroachs as well ;)

One good fish & he thinks he can stick it into us southerners

Just remember ....... We have Whitey :P ....... It would be embarrassing if we caught more fish than you Simon ;D ......... Ohhhhh sounds like a fishing / drinking & sleep deprivation challenge :P :P :P

BRING IT ON

DEANO68
16-12-2008, 05:33 PM
[quote=nipsta;941483]

One good fish & he thinks he can stick it into us southerners

Just remember ....... We have Whitey :P ....... It would be embarrassing if we caught more fish than you Simon ;D ......... Ohhhhh sounds like a fishing / drinking & sleep deprivation challenge :P :P :P

BRING IT ON

but what has whitey got,,,hes alredy sleepin.....recon the sunday fish might be a tad painfull...but if you drink xxxx you will be fine;)

chewy01
16-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Garr guys i may not make the trip.i think this falls on the best tides all year for my fraser island barra....:(

NAGG
16-12-2008, 05:49 PM
[quote=NAGG;941582]

but what has whitey got,,,hes alredy sleepin.....recon the sunday fish might be a tad painfull...but if you drink xxxx you will be fine;)

MW is just contemplating his next move .......... A fall flat on his face;D

He's the fishing machine ....... Me I will drink anything ...... even , dare I say it xxxx:P

TonyM
16-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Garr guys i may not make the trip.i think this falls on the best tides all year for my fraser island barra....:(

Geez Chewy, can I come on the Chewy Bash? :P:P:P:P;D

Tropicaltrout
16-12-2008, 08:12 PM
New Roll Call

Deano68
BR65
TonyM
Nipsta
Thesav
Culbara
Whitto
EOTBMG
Chewy01
Nagg,and MW
Apollo
Roo, and The Missus
Catch N Cod
Jeremy87
Callop
trymyluck
Big_Ren
Tropicaltrout

Hey wheres Daryle????

Tropicaltrout
16-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I was typing away and noticed the darylive was missing, must be up at F for f@#$ knows

NAGG
16-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I was typing away and noticed the darylive was missing, must be up at F for f@#$ knows

Mate ...... We have to get Daryls commitment ...... otherwise we might have to settle for Billy Connolly (I know he fishes)

Chris

Tropicaltrout
16-12-2008, 08:43 PM
New Roll Call

Deano68
BR65
TonyM
Nipsta
Thesav
Culbara
Whitto
EOTBMG
Chewy01
Nagg,and MW
Apollo
Roo, and The Missus
Catch N Cod
Jeremy87
Callop
trymyluck
Big_Ren
Tropicaltrout

Hey wheres Daryle????

There's 20 blokes up there so far. Plus those that are coming along with the above so it will be a good turn up for sure

NAGG
16-12-2008, 09:05 PM
There's 20 blokes up there so far. Plus those that are coming along with the above so it will be a good turn up for sure

I think that roll up makes it officially musteresq in stature :P ........ It should be a cracker

TonyM
16-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Mate ...... We have to get Daryls commitment ...... otherwise we might have to settle for Billy Connolly (I know he fishes)

Chris

Or Normy Gunston! :D

darylive
16-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Fly

Isn't that those long gadgets with a reel you don't wind and you need as much room in front as you do behind? Handy in the middle off the dam or of the bank but not much bloody good in the sticks at borumba.

Well it seems some one mentioned fly a page or two ago:-/
hey where have I been?

1 Sometimes I fish
2 Sometimes I Ausfish
3 Sometimes I Drink
4 Sometimes I combine either options 1 or 2 with option three
guess which I am doing now ;D

NAGG
16-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Isn't that those long gadgets with a reel you don't wind and you need as much room in front as you do behind? Handy in the middle of the dam or of the bank but not much bloody good in the sticks at borumba

so can we lock you in Eddy .... I mean Daryl ;D

Chris

PS ....... Billy Connolly is waiting for a booking .... but you're our first choice :P ;)

darylive
16-12-2008, 09:55 PM
You people, you, don't you worry about that, now, especially you southerners from down south, south of the border 'n that.

Hey, hey, you people don't you worry about that, even though the bloody labour party took over hey, now who voted for those bastards? no one apparently now? They legalised poofters you know! What were they thinkin?

At least it is not compulsory like those southerners from down south.

NAGG
17-12-2008, 06:24 AM
You people, you, don't you worry about that, now, especially you southerners from down south, south of the border 'n that.

Hey, hey, you people don't you worry about that, even though the bloody labour party took over hey, now who voted for those bastards? no one apparently now? They legalised poofters you know! What were they thinkin?

At least it is not compulsory like those southerners from down south.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE PEANUT FARMER come Corrupt Politician ....... "You you mark my words on that!!!! ;D "

nipsta
17-12-2008, 06:35 AM
damm this is gunner be a good one criekey i hope the edtion is born before then i dont want to miss this one:)

NAGG
17-12-2008, 06:41 AM
damm this is gunner be a good one criekey i hope the edtion is born before then i dont want to miss this one:)

Mate doesn't everyone have a caesarean section these days ...... so they can pick the childs birthday::)

NAGG
17-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Now .... where is STEVE

come on down ........ we may need some medical assistance:P

DEANO68
17-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Now .... where is STEVE

come on down ........ we may need some medical assistance:P

if mrs nipsta does have a caesarean i think simon would rather have her stiched back up ....not glued...;)

Tropicaltrout
17-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Yes will they come to down a couple of K's as we do to them? the fishing in Borumba is great the dam its self is beautiful and the people are nuts what more could you want.....

Whitto
17-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Mate doesn't everyone have a caesarean section these days ...... so they can pick the childs birthday::)Or the Doctor plays Golf in the PM....::)

Whitto
17-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Now .... where is STEVE

come on down ........ we may need some medical assistance:P Me thinks he is still dealing with fusion problems and evil electrical smells coming from his Puta....He will rise from the flames like a Phoenix....eventually;D

Tropicaltrout
17-12-2008, 06:55 AM

You will be right, tell her not to be selfish you were there for the last one and as she seen then there's nothing you can do......;D

Whitto
17-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Gee's I hope Mel doesn't read this.....U could be in the S..t Nath.....He He;D

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:29 AM
if mrs nipsta does have a caesarean i think simon would rather have her stiched back up ....not glued...;)

Howabout staples ........

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Yes will they come to down a couple of K's as we do to them? the fishing in Borumba is great the dam its self is beautiful and the people are nuts what more could you want.....

MORE BEER MORE BEER ....... MOOOORRRRR BEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!:P

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:34 AM
HOW MANY POSTS :P ;D ;D

Whitto
17-12-2008, 06:34 PM
MORE BEER MORE BEER ....... MOOOORRRRR BEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!:PAnd lets not forget Dave and Daryl's Plonk....might come in handy if the nights are a tad chilly;D

Whitto
17-12-2008, 06:38 PM
HOW MANY POSTS :P ;D ;DIm going for.....502 :P

trymyluck
17-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Come on you guys, your just post tarts;D;D;D;D;D

Are we going to actually fish or do we just thow a couple of rods in to fool the boss.;)

nipsta
17-12-2008, 06:55 PM

yeah not wrong a few extra as they say

nipsta
17-12-2008, 07:03 PM
yes there is fishing but the fire of truth is where its at hope you like storys there is always a few good yarns thats for sure

nah nath not in troulbe yet lol mel has a good sense of humor just until you feel the chain tighening round ya neck lol

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Come on you guys, your just post tarts;D;D;D;D;D

Are we going to actually fish or do we just thow a couple of rods in to fool the boss.;)

Shhhhh not too loud:-X

darylive
17-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Don't risk it Nip!

BREAK OUT THE GAFF!

:P;);D

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Im going for.....502 :P

With this lot ........ ::) not enough;D

DEANO68
17-12-2008, 07:44 PM
blooody el, this was sposed to be a quiet weekend gathering , few people havin a fish and a cuppa , look what you lot have done to it , turned it in to a boooody big piss up.:o ...I LUV IT....::) ;)

Tropicaltrout
17-12-2008, 07:45 PM
With 2 months or so left till the trip 502 well maybe double that, whats the dammage for a guess? Deano this is your baby whats the go, do we have a pick-a-post for the borumba bash 09....

DEANO68
17-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't risk it Nip!

BREAK OUT THE GAFF!

:P;);D

Is that avatar kosher..?????? if so im gettin one......:-*

DEANO68
17-12-2008, 07:50 PM
With 2 months or so left till the trip 502 well maybe double that, whats the dammage for a guess? Deano this is your baby whats the go, do we have a pick-a-post for the borumba bash 09....

dunno , what ya reckon, i think thats a mondy muster thing and should stay there, origin and all.....any other ideas..????

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Is that avatar kosher..?????? if so im gettin one......:-*

Gee that got around ....... I was sent it today :P I needed a early lunch break;D

Chris

NAGG
17-12-2008, 07:55 PM
dunno , what ya reckon, i think thats a mondy muster thing and should stay there, origin and all.....any other ideas..????

agree ...... we need something else

NAGG
17-12-2008, 08:01 PM
blooody el, this was sposed to be a quiet weekend gathering , few people havin a fish and a cuppa , look what you lot have done to it , turned it in to a boooody big piss up.:o ...I LUV IT....::) ;)

You posted it ...... & then named it ! What do you think was going to happen 6 months out from the muster:P ........ Ignored ----- Me think not ;D BLOODY WELL DONE DEANO:laola: :laola:

Chris

Tropicaltrout
17-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes The Muster has drinking, laughing, fishing comp, hard luck lure prize.

but The Bash well Drinking ,Laughing, a bit of fishing ok maybe thats all it needs?;D ;D ;D ;D

NAGG
17-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes The Muster has drinking, laughing, fishing comp, hard luck lure prize.

but The Bash well Drinking ,Laughing, a bit of fishing ok maybe thats all it needs?;D ;D ;D ;D

What about some more drinking :P

But we do need something ......... BUT WHAT!!!!

Chris

nipsta
17-12-2008, 09:28 PM
damm all ideas feel simalar to the muster come on dean you must have one hey also is fred coming to it and if so time he joined ausfish as well and josh

Whitto
18-12-2008, 06:18 AM
With this lot ........ ::) not enough;DOk OK.......my final nomination is....1286.....now come on you blokes and Kim....lets get this thing going

Whitto
18-12-2008, 06:25 AM
dunno , what ya reckon, i think thats a mondy muster thing and should stay there, origin and all.....any other ideas..???? I agree Deano.....The Bash should have it's own unique status......:P...We need an Idea's man or women8-)

NAGG
18-12-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree Deano.....The Bash should have it's own unique status......:P...We need an Idea's man or women8-)

Whitto ..... You're dreamin! ;D

But we do need something ........ but what :-/

we did such a good job of the Muster ......... The big fish , The Mikooh , The beer & even the CD

What about ..... sorry to say ,fishing related ::) - BASHED "MOST SPECIES OF FISH BASHED" ( The big 5 ..... Mary River Cod , Saratoga , Bass , Golden & Silver Perch)......... It could even be done as a point score , degree of difficulty 5pts Cod , 4 Toga , 3 Silver , 2 Golden & 1 Bass :D Now that could be a challenge:P ...... & a worthy theme

chris

DEANO68
18-12-2008, 07:06 AM
damm all ideas feel simalar to the muster come on dean you must have one hey also is fred coming to it and if so time he joined ausfish as well and josh

they are both ausfish members simon, they just dont play much..

DEANO68
18-12-2008, 08:11 AM

we did such a good job of the Muster ......... The big fish , The Mikooh , The beer & even the CD

What about ..... sorry to say ,fishing related ::) - BASHED "MOST SPECIES OF FISH BASHED" ( The big 5 ..... Mary River Cod , Saratoga , Bass , Golden & Silver Perch)......... It could even be done as a point score , degree of difficulty 5pts Cod , 4 Toga , 3 Silver , 2 Golden & 1 Bass :D Now that could be a challenge:P ...... & a worthy theme

chris

theres an idea, or even total overall length of all fish per person..mabe even a photo comp,, for the best fishy photo, to be voted on by all attendees in the wrap up.....8-)

NAGG
18-12-2008, 08:52 AM
theres an idea, or even total overall length of all fish per person..mabe even a photo comp,, for the best fishy photo, to be voted on by all attendees in the wrap up.....8-)

This is your baby Deano :D

DEANO68
18-12-2008, 09:50 AM
This is your baby Deano :D

think this is everyones baby, i just threw a date up in the air after alot of intrest in a borumba weekend, the photo thing may be ok, with the winning photo, i will get it blown up, wack it in a poofy frame and send it back to the winning fisho......

BR65
18-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Any catties in Borumba:) :) :)

I love these santa smilies, just gold i reckon

NAGG
18-12-2008, 07:57 PM

I love these santa smilies, just gold i reckon

Go away ........ Mondy has enough , you dont need to go looking elsewhere::)

Whitto
18-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I love these santa smilies, just gold i reckon Pound 2 a pinch of shit Brian if there are any I"ll find em;D

BR65
18-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Ah catfish, an under estimated and much maligned aussie sport fish - not!
Rule number 2 in my boat, if it grunts and doesnt have scales, it doesnt come over the side!

Whitto
18-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Rule number 2 in my boat, if it grunts and doesnt have scales, it doesnt come over the side! You've got me wondering Brian......Whats Rule No 1......Im guessing no Banana's::)

NAGG
18-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Rule number 2 in my boat, if it grunts and doesnt have scales, it doesnt come over the side!

Trevally!!!! ;)

BR65
18-12-2008, 08:26 PM
You've got me wondering Brian......Whats Rule No 1......Im guessing no Banana's::)

Rule number 1 mate?

Do not, under any circumstances, embed an owner ST66 No 1 treble into any part of the skippers (read me) body.;)

Actually brought some nanies for brekky up there this week end mate

BR65
18-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Trevally!!!! ;)

Ah, quick mate.
Yep, exception for trevally.
What if I sub defined rule number 2 as follows:

no scales
grunts
slimey
fork tail
fresh water "lurker"
fights ok, but allways a disapointment when it surfaces
has whiskers;D

Whitto
18-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Yep gotcha definatedly talking about catties;D

NAGG
18-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Ah, quick mate.
Yep, exception for trevally.
What if I sub defined rule number 2 as follows:

no scales
grunts
slimey
fork tail
fresh water "lurker"
fights ok, but allways a disapointment when it surfaces
has whiskers;D

Got me now ..
....... & it is also the colour of SH#T;D

NAGG
18-12-2008, 08:45 PM
200 hey:P ...... keep it going

Tropicaltrout
18-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Rule no. 1 make sure beer and ice are in the boat, hey Brian .....
There is catties of the jew variety nat overly parcial to lures or flies.

Nagg cod worth 5 bloody hell they should be a 100 and if one is caught it wins what ever the prize is they are as rare as 80 year old with a erection........

NAGG
18-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Rule no. 1 make sure beer and ice are in the boat, hey Brian .....
There is catties of the jew variety nat overly parcial to lures or flies.

Nagg cod worth 5 bloody hell they should be a 100 and if one is caught it wins what ever the prize is they are as rare as 80 year old with a erection........

it was a simple scale :P ........ but they are there apparently:D

chris

darylive
18-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey come on guys I recon we should take the women along this time.

What you think?

Callop
18-12-2008, 10:33 PM

What you think?

nah I'm leavin mine at home but if you bring the ones in your avatur then we will all be very happy;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

darylive
18-12-2008, 10:51 PM
LOL..... I am so "bloody hot and desirable" I cant keep them off of me...... they don't call me "Fabio" for nothin you know

NAGG
19-12-2008, 05:46 AM
nah I'm leavin mine at home but if you bring the ones in your avatur then we will all be very happy;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very Happy ......... I'll give Whitey the flick & replace him with the blond (back left) ....... She can work the leccy & I'll stay down the back & watch :-* :P

Breast Wishes

Chris

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Very Happy ......... I'll give Whitey the flick & replace him with the blond (back left) ....... She can work the leccy & I'll stay down the back & watch :-* :P

Breast Wishes

Chris

bugger that, leave them at camp to protect the beer and have the barbie fired up on return, then fulfill our every comand....:-* :-* :-*

NAGG
19-12-2008, 06:49 AM
bugger that, leave them at camp to protect the beer and have the barbie fired up on return, then fulfill our every comand....:-* :-* :-*

Look at Whitey Vs Barbie ........... Hmmmmm tough decision - - - -NOT!

Beside I carry some beer on the boat that would require nurturing:P

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Look at Whitey Vs Barbie ........... Hmmmmm tough decision - - - -NOT!

Beside I carry some beer on the boat that would require nurturing:P

and opening.....;D :P

NAGG
19-12-2008, 07:06 AM
and opening.....;D :P

ahhh I can see it now

"Be a good love & grab me a beer out of the esky ..... ohhh & the opener is down the bottom of that hatch !":P

Whitto
19-12-2008, 07:43 AM
and opening.....;D :PNice Avatar Deano will we see a piccie of the latest capture....well done:P

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Nice Avatar Deano will we see a piccie of the latest capture....well done:P

more of a summer feel about it......pic on camera still,good week, 47cm on sunday and a 46 last nite........:D and a few beers of course....:P :P

Jeremy87
19-12-2008, 10:01 AM
For a comp.

Longest bass,

Longest toga,

Most fish, measured in cms for all species or what about a points system? you could boat 10 metres of bass a day in the bassin when the fishing is good yet a good effort in the sticks for toga is only going to yeild half that. Maybe separate pools for bass and toga are the go. Should we go ABT barra style? length of your best 5 per day so to put an emphasis on quality not quantity or just grand totals.

Wow no wonder i don't fish comps, pretty easy to overcomplicate. So whats the prize winner gets a slab? I'd be in for that.

Best photo is a good one too

Jeremy87
19-12-2008, 10:08 AM

chris

To me Borumba is all about the toga. We could have a dunts award for most toga dropped or something like most time wasted casting fly::) .

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 10:18 AM
For a comp.

Longest bass,

Longest toga,

Most fish, measured in cms for all species or what about a points system? you could boat 10 metres of bass a day in the bassin when the fishing is good yet a good effort in the sticks for toga is only going to yeild half that. Maybe separate pools for bass and toga are the go. Should we go ABT barra style? length of your best 5 per day so to put an emphasis on quality not quantity or just grand totals.

Wow no wonder i don't fish comps, pretty easy to overcomplicate. So whats the prize winner gets a slab? I'd be in for that.

Best photo is a good one too

good one jeramy, best five sounds good , per species..bass ,,toga....
im in for that.....
photo??? see what happens..could do that as well.....

NAGG
19-12-2008, 11:24 AM
What ever we do ...... It needs to be a bit of Fun ( A trophy where cudos is everything) ........ bragging rites:P ........... what about a teams event ?

Chris.

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 11:46 AM
What ever we do ...... It needs to be a bit of Fun ( A trophy where cudos is everything) ........ bragging rites:P ........... what about a teams event ?

Chris.

mmmmm could make it a teams event, 6 pack stubbs per boat entry fee, winning boat takes all......:P

darylive
19-12-2008, 12:05 PM

What you think?

AS A MATTER OF UNGENCY LET ME CLEAR THIS UP

>:(

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU LEAVE THE COMPUTER UNATTENDED WHILE SIGNED INTO 'AUSFISH ' AND THERE IS AN ADD ON THE TV
DURING ;
"Days of our young and restless neighbours Dr's desperate house wive's idol at home and away "or some other mind numbing S#IT.

Note to self: when going to the shed to get beer and likely to be detained by looking at boat, lures etc.
LOG OFF AUSFISH! CAUSE YOU CAN'T TRUST 'EM BITCHES!

Obviously the Fabio thing was a fair call, but this is more important than that this is FISHIN!

mind you it did keep the thread rolling :-/

darylive
19-12-2008, 12:10 PM
good one jeramy, best five sounds good , per species..bass ,,toga....
im in for that.....
photo??? see what happens..could do that as well.....

I think we stick with the biggest barra boated :o

Bob at the Borumba camp has some great hand made bass lures. I don't think there are many left as the old bloke who carved them has moved on :-/

darylive
19-12-2008, 12:15 PM
mmmmm could make it a teams event, 6 pack stubbs per boat entry fee, winning boat takes all......:P

sounds OK six pack or bottle 'o port?

Midday Friday? Why aren't you at work?

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 01:09 PM
sounds OK six pack or bottle 'o port?

Midday Friday? Why aren't you at work?

but i am at work daryl..flat out too, cant you tell..::) if i wasnt at work id be fishing.....:P ....and drinkin beer...:P :P

NAGG
19-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Now that would be a prize :P ........ & is in the right spirit (so to speak)

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Nice Avatar Deano will we see a piccie of the latest capture....well done:P

rito whitto,, sundy nite 47, thurs nite 46, and the fred droped one , not happy,,:'( :'( when are you cummin up.????

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Now that would be a prize :P ........ & is in the right spirit (so to speak)

two species , toga , bass, all six packs divided between the two species winners, any 6 pack you like, ( exept lite beer poofter drinks ie cruizers and vb.)..;) ..

Jeremy87
19-12-2008, 06:51 PM
two species , toga , bass, all six packs divided between the two species winners, any 6 pack you like, ( exept lite beer poofter drinks ie cruizers and vb.)..;) ..

Ted's it is then

Tropicaltrout
19-12-2008, 07:23 PM
fun, fun to be had, i will not be in the comp as I am flying solo, I will be happy to float around and get some pics of all the compeditors though For BBTB Comp Beer ,Bass, Toga at Borumba Comp, will be good to have a pictorial....

NAGG
19-12-2008, 07:36 PM
fun, fun to be had, i will not be in the comp as I am flying solo, I will be happy to float around and get some pics of all the compeditors though For BBTB Comp Beer ,Bass, Toga at Borumba Comp, will be good to have a pictorial....

Do you deliver pizza & cappachinos too ......... but no donuts:P ;D

Chris

DEANO68
19-12-2008, 07:41 PM

per boat means 1 or 8 so your in , solo or not, ....i might be in with you yet depending what the fred does,....see what happens...

nipsta
19-12-2008, 07:55 PM
per boat means 1 or 8 so your in , solo or not, ....i might be in with you yet depending what the fred does,....see what happens...

yes i might be one my own yet as well if things work in my favor what about stev b any news if they will come down to our little damm

Whitto
19-12-2008, 07:58 PM
rito whitto,, sundy nite 47, thurs nite 46, and the fred droped one , not happy,,:'( :'( when are you cummin up.???? Yep thats a I've just dropped one look from Fred.......Nice fish....don't tempt me, I've just got to get my arse in gear and get organized....I will do it just got to get my act together:P

Tropicaltrout
20-12-2008, 05:21 AM

Well allrighty then, but I will be buzzing around getting as many pics as I can, but if your in the tin mate we will go fishin;D

Tropicaltrout
20-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Do you deliver pizza & cappachinos too ......... but no donuts:P ;D

Chris

What if they are crispy creams???????

NAGG
20-12-2008, 06:24 AM

mmmmm Cappachino & Krispy Cream for morning tea - sounds good:P

nipsta
20-12-2008, 10:55 AM
mmmmm Cappachino & Krispy Cream for morning tea - sounds good:P

yes i could go a krispy cream that is for sure just so i can take it jack fishing this afternoon

Whitto
20-12-2008, 11:49 AM
yes i could go a krispy cream that is for sure just so i can take it jack fishing this afternoon Are u in the Boat or on the Bank

nipsta
20-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Are u in the Boat or on the Bank

whitto im going in the boat with my dad he hasnt caught a jack for a while so see what happens

Steve B
20-12-2008, 12:17 PM
yes i might be one my own yet as well if things work in my favor what about stev b any news if they will come down to our little damm

Simon,

I havent got my roster that far ahead yet....In saying that, I will probably arrange a shift swap or 2 to get down....sounds like a great weekend. I really want to get into them togas....I got a 90cm in the ABT there a few years back on a spinnerbait....hardest hit I have ever had.....ever harder than barra.. It was truly fun....pitty it wasnt a bass at the time...but still great.

cheers Steve.

darylive
20-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Will do you good to get away

DEANO68
21-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Will do you good to get away

Noooooo what have you done with the chicks Daryl, bring em back you selfish bas#*rd.......:-[

DEANO68
21-12-2008, 08:02 AM

bit yukky outside nath, still goin this arvo....???? im keen....

Tropicaltrout
21-12-2008, 08:04 AM
whats the plan deano we going today or what?

Tropicaltrout
21-12-2008, 08:18 AM
:D
whats the plan deano we going today or what?

must have posted at the same time;D

yeah well its started to rain here in my street, but still am keen to throw a line in later the sarvo

need to go get some bait though

DEANO68
21-12-2008, 08:20 AM
:D

must have posted at the same time;D

yeah well its started to rain here in my street, but still am keen to throw a line in later the sarvo

need to go get some bait though

just give me a yell and will go a huntin mullet.....

nipsta
21-12-2008, 09:05 AM
just give me a yell and will go a huntin mullet.....
no luck yesturday deano but you 2 should do alright i got to go to mother inalaws and fix there tv

DEANO68
21-12-2008, 09:09 AM
no luck yesturday deano but you 2 should do alright i got to go to mother inalaws and fix there tv

weather not good, but get out of the house for couple of hours i tink......

chewy01
21-12-2008, 09:11 AM
hey this is a bit of a hijack but do u ever ger any grief keeping mullet for bbait. eg30 cm min size foe sea??? mullet whatever they are. couple my mateshave been cautioned lately.just wondering how it is down ur way?

Tropicaltrout
21-12-2008, 09:25 AM
ummmmmmmm what mullet??????? lol

nipsta
21-12-2008, 09:31 AM
poddy mullet bit different to sea mullet and no we have never been cation yet never heard of that before

chewy01
21-12-2008, 10:10 AM
after a little more research it appears sea mullet are really river mullet.distinguishable by a transparent gelatinous eyelid. i may start a thread onit. no more talk of borumba mullet :):)
i think it will be aimed more at ppl targetting the mullet on the beach.though my mates were cautioned.
anyhow back to the toga n bass,speaking of which approx how for up the dam can you go.re fuel for the weekend

nipsta
21-12-2008, 10:51 AM
after a little more research it appears sea mullet are really river mullet.distinguishable by a transparent gelatinous eyelid. i may start a thread onit. no more talk of borumba mullet :):)
i think it will be aimed more at ppl targetting the mullet on the beach.though my mates were cautioned.
anyhow back to the toga n bass,speaking of which approx how for up the dam can you go.re fuel for the weekend

i just made a phone to the fisheries and asked the question soi we will see what they have to say i say your right though on the beach side yes and the river side also if taken for eating but if used for bait i think it might be different wait and see what they have to say cross fingers we can use them they a awsome but so are silver biddys too anyway back to bass my bass rods have just had a fresh spoil of line put on them as the braid has seen better days so they good for a sneak attack in a week or 2 :D