PDA

View Full Version : Braving the dams?

Hairy_Harold
28-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Anyone braving the dams this weekend? Hopefully heading out to maroon tomorrow morning in the yak if this rain doesn't come. Thinking stick baits and poppers along the bank in the morn and spinnerbaits, vibs and sliders down the back in the sticks when the suns up. Have I hit it on the head? Any other ideas on what will work?

Hoping that it's not too dirty from all this rain, going out to the dams because it screwed all my local ponds/rivers up (mt crosby) from the floods and still waiting for it to clear up again. Would maroon be the best bet for a yak? Never really done much fishing from one (borrowed my mates).

SWANY22
28-11-2008, 08:22 PM
going to give nth pine a go sunday hopefully they will be hungry after saturdays rain.did well 2 weekends ago got 11 in the mid 40s.

Hairy_Harold
28-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Last bit of fishing I did was in the dennis family lake near daisy hill koala park haha. Mate got a 53cm golden and I got smashed on a cream slider and was pealing line (8lb leader) then lost it around a lilly pad. Faught harder then my pb 53cm bass. So some nice dam fishing is in need for me I feel.