PDA

View Full Version : Cruizin The Barra Highway

BR65
28-11-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php?action=store;sa=view;id=25
Just a heads up fellas, and ladies of course.

I think Foxie might have these as well, but not up on his site yet.

Will be getting mine from Tackle Warehouse tomorrow (hope I can stop at just buying the book, so many shiney trinkets in there!)

DEANO68
28-11-2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php?action=store;sa=view;id=25
Just a heads up fellas, and ladies of course.

I think Foxie might have these as well, but not up on his site yet.

Will be getting mine from Tackle Warehouse tomorrow (hope I can stop at just buying the book, so many shiney trinkets in there!)

thanks brian, more littriture(spelling ?) To add to the itch, looks like being a good read though...couple more favorites while your there, why not . prob a new box to fit them also? oh that curado is on sale ,, stop it...;)

Whitto
29-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on this book......have just sent away on line....This will have to be a very interesting and comprehensive read by Johnny and Lyndon......A go to reference on a regular basis me thinks........Whitto:D PS Deano did u kill a livie or two Thursday night, Nath was going

BR65
30-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Got a copy yesterday. Harro has done the intro, written in true Harro style.
Looks the goods, gloss publication, plenty of pics, broken up into 2 sections.
Should be be good read.

Whitto
30-11-2008, 09:27 AM
No Doubt Brian.....will be a ripper

Big_Ren
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Likewise can't wait to get my mits on a copy. Does anyone know if this is JM and Lyndon's big book or is this just the teaser to the compendium? Lyndon, are you out there today?

Cheers
Paul

NAGG
01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
BOOO! ...... I'm back::) sought of (In brissy)

Matt (Barraboss) bought a copy ...... & after having a squiz through it - I liked it

Its not a bible - - - but a good read , I'll pick up my copy while I'm here!

Well done Lyndon & Johnny:thumbsup:

Support the book guys & gals ....... you wont be dissappointed

Cheers

Chris NAGG

BR65
01-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Support the book guys & gals ....... You wont be dissappointed

True true, a good read, and some forthright opinions offered that arent normally seen in the glossy mags.

Paul, I believe this ones the teaser mate, there is mention of further books.....

SeekingBarradise
01-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi guys thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure what i'm allowed to say and what i'm not allowed to say so i've emailed steve the owner of ausfish out of respect etc. If i can't say anything about our book i'm cool with that no worries at all. I didn't expect to see it on here. That was a kind gesture.

Ausfish has been good to me.

I've met a stack of nice people from here over the years and there are many more to catchup with in the future around campfire's, boat ramps & on the water.

Paul this first book is a 124 pager. Ground floor foundations released first to sit side by side DVD's & books travelling down a different highway. A huge book first up would have been content overload as many struggled with the content of JM's dvd which is a lot easier than reading a book. This book will help everyone understand his many observations on impoundment barra. The guy is one of a kind.

That sledge hammer of a book JM is working on is scary. I saw a lot of quality pages of work that we couldn't fit in to this book. Hundreds of them. If those pages are anything to go by i'd go as far as saying anyone else planning on releasing a barra book would want to be very confident before release as this will be the book that all others will be judged by. It will sit side by side with Harro's book which is a silent gem.

Merry Xmas and i hope it's a Happy New year of Barra fishing for everyone.
Cheers Lyndon.

ps Moderators if this thread gets taken off that's ok. I wasn't sure what i could
and couldn't say. Either way i will be happy with your decision guys.