PDA

View Full Version : 35 000 Bass

shayned
27-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Lake Kurwongbah had another 35000 Bass added this morning. All looked good as they swam off. Good to see a few familiar faces from the boards come down and give a hand.

Bearclaw
27-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Shanye, you are supposed to be working. I got a couple of snaps between buckets. Sorry about quality.

Bearclaw
27-11-2008, 11:17 AM
It was good to see good numbers even for a small release and being a weekday as well.

shayned
27-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Ha, I was waiting on hold on the phone, honest.

Yeh mate, a good roll up, must have been around 20 people, I'll check the sheet a bit later.

This stock release represents the last of the money from the Federal Governments (DAFF) Recreational Fishery Fund that we recieved. The Fund produced some great projects while it was running and while I'm probably biased, creating a brand new recreational fishery in the middle of a high population growth area has to rank up there with the best of them.

Fitzy tells me this will be the fastest an impoundment will be made operational and fully stocked in the history of fish stocking, so a big thumbs up to DAFF for seeing the potential and supporting it. 8-)

Just got to finish the bl@@dy website now.:(

Or more to the point, Brandon the web lackey has to.................;) ;D

Didley
27-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Great stuff, Shayne. Boy that dam looks like a great place for a ski, I might have to up grade the boat :-X:-X:-X

Little grey men
27-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Great stuff, Shayne. Boy that dam looks like a great place for a ski, I might have to up grade the boat :-X:-X:-X

Don't you go scaring those baby bass now Didley.
Yep this is going to be one handy little fishery quite soon. I'm actually planning on getting my little girl onto her first fish and this is the place I'll be taking her when her and the bass are a little bigger. I just hope she doesn't hook a stinkin Tilapia first off.

Good onya for your hard work Shayne.

P.S ...I battled North Pine on Sunday but the wind got the better of me. One little hit was all I got and I did have all that "gear " with me too. The waters come right up and I was casting chest deep amongst small trees in the water.
I'll call soon with the "thing" your chasing.

lifestyle
27-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Mate couldnt make it got stuck on a job. hell of a good turn out . The dam is a pritty sight when its full. Lets hope she wont spill over to much. Thanks for the PM informing me though on the release. Shane