PDA

View Full Version : More Closures

Saltboy
24-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi People. Has anybody heard the rumours going around about both Currumbin Tinnies and Hinterland Marine being in trouble ?
I hope they're not true.

boatie_72
24-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi People. Has anybody heard the rumours going around about both Currumbin Tinnies and Hinterland Marine being in trouble ?
I hope they're not true.

Mate rumors are not good about any business, be careful in what you say.

Hinterland marine is closing their Burleigh yard and keeping Broadwater marine at Labrador open. As for Currumbin Marine, the property is up for sales, but it is my understanding that the company is fine.

It is a tough time for a lot of people out there, especial in the leisure industry which the marine industry is in. With the likes of G.E. finance reducing the dealer’s floor plans it is placing strain on their business, making it hard for them to carry stock. And if the sales aren’t there, it’s only a matter of time till one can’t continue.

Saltboy
24-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi boatie_72

Mate

My apologies if I wasn't very clear in my thread.
I wasn't starting the rumours. I was just at a BBQ lst night when it was brought up and it was the first I'd heard of it. It concerned me greatly that we may be losing another 2 marine retail outlets. As a business owner myself in a very volatile industry, I have total empathy for peole having a crack at running a business these days. Especially business owners who's services provide so much fun and enjoyment for people and their families, as I'm sure these 2 business do.
If only our beloved government realised how important the small/medium business sector is to our country and lifestyle ?

2_kilo_killer
10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
so now currumbin marine HAS closed, does anyone know if they have relocated or simply closed down? if the latter, anyone recommend a local (i'm at currumbin) boat place for a service?
cheers
2KK

OPTI
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
if your after service pm garry [spaniard king]he lives down your way too

Heath
10-03-2012, 08:35 PM
His workshop is right round the corner from where Currumbin Tinnies was.