PDA

View Full Version : Fixed position trim tabs

krazyfisher
23-11-2008, 01:35 PM
I am thinking about a set of fixed position trim tabs but I have some questions
1. where can you buy them?
2. do they work well?

I have a peratrim but that does not help the fact that I have to much weight on one side. the boats 4mtrs and one one side is me battery and bow mount elect.
will this help?

ozscott
23-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Mate I cannot see why they would be worth it. The only reason you would stick them on is to permanently correct for and aft trim problem. However if you get it level, then you have the problem that in a following see you cannot get the bow up...and you will not cure listing/leaning from wind sheer.

Cheers

krazyfisher
23-11-2008, 04:02 PM
The boat is a 4mtr creek and dam boat with no tilt and trim so the following sea thing is not a concern more so the leaning whle underway

ovakil
23-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I had them on till I was in a following sea.Not good!
Took them off.When I can afford will get lenco's or similar.
Cheers

Noelm
24-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I guess if you have a "torque lean" then they may be of help, you could adjust them to suit and your done.

Chimo
24-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey Krazyf....

I might be crazy but have you considered retrimming your boat by moving the battery to the opposite side?

You could also add a 50lt or so water bladder to the high side to level it but trimming the boat by locating gear and batteries more appropriately would be the best way to begin sorting this issue.

Cheers
Chimo (GOM)::)

Noelm
24-11-2008, 08:32 AM
there is a possibility that something is amiss with your setup, is there a similar Boat/Motor as yours? if so, does it have trouble as well? from experience, I find that you need a lot of weight shift to counteract lean, it all helps of course, and anything is worth a try, but as long as your setup is good, weight is as good as you can get it, then some other means is on the cards to get the desired outcome.

krazyfisher
24-11-2008, 06:14 PM
chimo
I have thought of moving the battery etc but I was trying to cheat as everything fits nice and neat where it is.

Noelm
was never a problem till I put to much stuff on one side. I added the battery on the starboard side and the bow mount electric add to that me 115kg and the boat is only a 4mtr creek boat

I understand my fault and it is only weight inbalance. I will try putting more ice in the esky and adding weight that way.

thanks all

Noelm
25-11-2008, 07:45 AM
OH, OK then you are not getting a lean from the Motor torque then? that was what I thought you meant, if it is a load induced thing, then remedy is realy quite simple, but can be a bit of drama to fix if you like the location of your gear now.